Obama's Bridge to No where

Obama and McCain are running on different sorts of change.

Obama has a different economic plan than what we've had for the past eight years. McCain doesn't.

McCain wants to cut pork, I don't know that Obama has ever come out strongly against that. Obama wants to invest in future technologies, health care, education, and other areas that are of domestic and long term importance. McCain wants to run on the past strategies but cut pork.

Now, I admit that's a bit of a simplification, but in broad strokes it is mostly how I understand their campaings. My money is on the investment strategy.

I suppose if you think the economy stems from pork, then you vote for McCain's change. If you think the economy stems from Bush's economic ideology you vote for obama.

Palin's problem (one of many) is that she is not transparent at all, in fact some have gone so far to say that she tells untruths. So that's the problem with her bridge stance.

I think there was something else I wanted to add but I forget... age and all....

The problem with Sarah Palin I think, and this is just an observation on my part Cali, is I don't think the media is used to someone who speaks directly without tring to see some hidden agenda in the meaning. So therefor, it must be a lie, why? because they have not had th ability to run it through there little fact check machine. I'll cite you another example, Barack Obama when he was in the primary fight with Hillary Clinton and all this media hype about his middle name and possible muslim connections came up and some speculated that he must be untruthful. Well you know and I know all that was complete bunk and and a perception issue. As is the Sarah Palin thing, my thing is, you would think that Obama would know better, after his treatment to have his campaign make accusations like this when he himself is doing the same thing now.

:lol:

Palin_nowhere.jpg

PALIN is the republican gift that keeps on giving!

Last edited:
moot....if memory serves me...

ted stevens didn't put in the bridge to nowhere until the bill was in conference or in the middle of the night type thing.... that's why it became a scandal, no?

It became a scandal because they wanted to use the Bridge to Nowhere money for Katrina victims and Stevens had a very embarrassing hissy fit on the senate floor.

Ted Stevens threw the senatorial version of a hissy fit on the floor the other day. The issue was a proposal by his Republican colleague, Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn, to block $453 million earmarked for two Alaska bridges in the recent highway bill and instead use some of the money to rebuild the Interstate 10 bridge across Lake Ponchartrain wiped out by the recent hurricane. Mr. Stevens is one of the masters of the Senate at steering federal money in the direction of his state, but he was not going to stand for this reverse flow.

"I will put the Senate on notice -- and I don't kid people -- if the Senate decides to discriminate against our state and take money only from our state, I will resign from this body," Mr. Stevens vowed. Sounds awfully tempting to us -- but not, apparently, to Mr. Stevens's colleagues; the amendment failed 82 to 15.

Mr. Stevens's Tirade

Its the next few lines that you are missing... there Mr Blind and or disengenuous...

Listen and weep...

YouTube - SARAH PALIN'S BRIDGE TO NOWHERE

I looked at the youtube video Jeepers thanks btw, I appreciated it. Oh and no sadly I didn't weep. I still fail to see the "lie" the democrats are up in arms about, however I do see the double standard that Obama has set plainly by his voting record in congress on the matter.

I looked at the youtube video Jeepers thanks btw, I appreciated it. Oh and no sadly I didn't weep. I still fail to see the "lie" the democrats are up in arms about, however I do see the double standard that Obama has set plainly by his voting record in congress on the matter.

lol... navydude... gotta hand it to you for your loyalty to the right. But Sarah Palin and the truth are on very casual terms.

I also don't think she can keep from showing her religious extremism and she's going to self-destruct.

Now, mind you, that won't make a bit of difference to "the base"... but it's going to really scare a lot of people. She's a very good fundraising tool for the left.

Oh okay, so she twists her words to fit her current point of view and make it seem like she's always been against it. *Nods*

Okay, I get it now. It's the Republican spin game time.

View attachment 5816

What you choose to hear as spin Robert, I honestly don't see in this case. You want spin and someone thats telling a lie then how's this?

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” But—and the “but” was clearly inevitable—he doubts whether American voters are going to elect “a one-term, a guy who has served for four years in the Senate,” and added: “I don’t recall hearing a word from Barack about a plan or a tactic.” Joe Biden 2007

So now that Joe Biden is his running mate does this mean he is telling a lie because he has changed his mind? Personally I don't think so, but I don't want to apply the same logic that some democrats do to Sarah Palin to Joe Biden see what I mean.

It became a scandal because they wanted to use the Bridge to Nowhere money for Katrina victims and Stevens had a very embarrassing hissy fit on the senate floor.

Mr. Stevens's Tirade

yeah, yur right, i forgot...

but alaska still got the quarter of a billion in PORK that was meant for the bridge so they essentially, STILL GOT FED tax payer's money for it, right?

In 2005,[10] Congress stripped the specific earmark allocation of federal funds for the two bridges, without changing the amount of money allocated for use by Alaska.[11]

what a scam... :(

:lol:

Palin_nowhere.jpg

PALIN is the republican gift that keeps on giving!

Thanks for the picture Shogun and in a way your right about her, tell you why. The more and more the democrats keep this freenzy up about her the more and more you charge up the far right of my party, and they will come out in massive numbers for the right candidate. Prior to the Palin pick they were luke warm at best, but all this nonsense about her, has charged that base up and so in essence your right about the gift thing.

Here is something to ponder. A Mayor looks out for the town’s interest. The Governor looks out for the State’s interest. Congress looks out for the district they represent. You might find some that look out for the interest of the country. You will find some who think’s what matters to them should matter to all. If I am in the district that gets the pork, then I say ‘excellent.’ It is Congress’ job to close the pork. If Congress is handing it out, then I am taking it.

In the past year, most of us received some pork and did not say no to it. I am referring to the tax rebate check.

Here is another thing. Has universal health care worked at the state level? If it cannot work at the state level, how will it work at the national level? Same with education. I look at the Democrats and Republicans and the only thing I see are people who want to hold, gain and/or keep their power. That is not going to change.

Thanks for the picture Shogun and in a way your right about her, tell you why. The more and more the democrats keep this freenzy up about her the more and more you charge up the far right of my party, and they will come out in massive numbers for the right candidate. Prior to the Palin pick they were luke warm at best, but all this nonsense about her, has charged that base up and so in essence your right about the gift thing.

It might charge up the far right, but it will drive away the independents in droves.

lol... navydude... gotta hand it to you for your loyalty to the right. But Sarah Palin and the truth are on very casual terms.

I also don't think she can keep from showing her religious extremism and she's going to self-destruct.

Now, mind you, that won't make a bit of difference to "the base"... but it's going to really scare a lot of people. She's a very good fundraising tool for the left.

jillian am more to the center of the republican party, but still right I suppose, and am not so far right I cannot change with new idea's. Hell one of our famous party members said " if a new idea is good, i will change to that idea and adapt my ways to it so fast as if it were my own" Lincoln, a good republican. I think the democrats are hoping she will, but would be really surprised if that happened.

It might charge up the far right, but it will drive away the independents in droves.

That remains to be seen though Robert, perhaps the independants that don't share her social views I wil give you that one. Then again, I don't think anyone outside of Hillary Clinton would have drawn those voters to the Republican party, and to be honest, I don't see her joining our party anytime soon, but suspect if she could to get at that White House job she might hold her nose around people like me for a little bit. lol

The problem with Sarah Palin I think, and this is just an observation on my part Cali, is I don't think the media is used to someone who speaks directly without tring to see some hidden agenda in the meaning. .

She directly said she sold her plane on ebay. She directly said she fired the chef. To 40,000,000 viewers.

I don't call that speaking directly. I call it selective memory and distortion.

But, bottom line, I do think there is a lot of "this candidate feels right to me" on both sides and that that is hard for *either* side to get past.

Do you see any other lies that we're not up in arms about ...yet.. there were1.5 lies in the first five seconds of the video...

You really should lay off the crack there navy... it is so umbecoming..

REmember when they crucified Kerry because he he said he voted for the bill then against it when it was changed?

She voted for the bridge then against it. So let's crucify her like the right did to Kerry. Turn about is fair play.

Get a life, she is another politician who has been cast into the national spotlight too soon and now a lot of little crap that she thought was under the bridge is floating out.

They didn't vet her like they should have.

Just another pretty face, with a gun, against abortion, who makes McCain look better. Rampant sexism in this choice.

jillian am more to the center of the republican party, but still right I suppose, and am not so far right I cannot change with new idea's. Hell one of our famous party members said " if a new idea is good, i will change to that idea and adapt my ways to it so fast as if it were my own" Lincoln, a good republican. I think the democrats are hoping she will, but would be really surprised if that happened.

What new ideas?? She's rabid religious right and pro everything that this admin did that failed. She's McCain but has street cred with the evangelicals.

Lincoln WAS a good republican. So was Jacob Javits. Neither would be allowed anywhere near the white house by today's republican party. Heck, even Richard Nixon would be called a "libral" if he ran.

I have no issue with new ideas that are good. But there aren't any here. She's just a snarky "pitbull in lipstick" that they trotted out to rev up the religious order. I hope she gets a smack down. Seriously... she's offensive to anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun.

well, given the last two elections, it's not like that republican base is too concerned with the laughable nature of their choices versus facts. Please, let them come. If they want to leap onto a bandwagon despite reality it's just a testament to the cognitive dissonance of their party.

you know.. like the rhetorical bullshit we see in defense of Palin despite easily accessible evidence like the image above.

bring it.

What new ideas?? She's rabid religious right and pro everything that this admin did that failed. She's McCain but has street cred with the evangelicals.

Lincoln WAS a good republican. So was Jacob Javits. Neither would be allowed anywhere near the white house by today's republican party. Heck, even Richard Nixon would be called a "libral" if he ran.

I have no issue with new ideas that are good. But there aren't any here. She's just a snarky "pitbull in lipstick" that they trotted out to rev up the religious order. I hope she gets a smack down. Seriously... she's offensive to anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun.

If Abe Lincoln ran for the Republican Nomination today, people like John McCain and George W Bush would be calling him a Liberal in Republican clothing.

Think about it, everything they apply to Obama now would be used on Lincoln.

Heres a question for you Navy... by the time Palin said no, could she have gotten the bridge even if she continued lobbying for it...

This bridge was dead even before she decided against it.. Does a maverick check which direction the wind is blowing before jumping on board...

Forum List

Back