Obama's approval rating plummets overnight

Daily numbers are meaningless. Changes over weeks and months show trends. That is where the cake is. From what I have seen on these boards in all the posts of the polls, his numbers seem quite stable.

Also, those numbers are actually quite good. Something that republicans find hard to swallow. Obama is still liked. The real point that we need to be driving home is that his policies suffer very bad when compared to his personal approval rating. That needs to be driven home as people need to make the connection that the president is not about promises or speeches but about actions and it is the actions that should decide the next election.

Dude, Jimmy Carter was personally liked,

He was an affable, goofy peanut farmer.

No one hated Carter. I didn't hate Carter.

I just knew he was the worst president this country (at that time) had ever experienced.

Likeability will NOT get you reelected. Especially, when there are so many people out of work.

I don't hate Obama. I mean he seems faithful to his wife, which is more than I can say for the last Democrat president OR DEMOCRAT PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES LIKE EDWARDS OR GORE (scumbags). He seems good to his girls. I'm sure he's a lot of fun of golf with--HE SURE AS HELL GOLFS ENOUGH!

I mean he has the same attributes PERSONALLY that Carter had.

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS JOB AS PRESIDENT!

People do not want a "likeable" guy as president. They want someone who can do the job.

Obama, like Carter, is OBVIOUSLY not up to the task.

So, lie to yourself all you want about Obama's likeability. That will only get you so far.

That will get you a win on American Idol (if Obama can sing) or some other reality show. THE PRESIDENCY IS NOT A REALITY SHOW.

If the economy remains the way it is, and I can't see under this leadership it improving, it would take a miracle for Obama to win

Lord knows, the Republicans, could once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and run another McCain but asside from that, (Lord willing) Obama's goose is cooked.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sorry TPS but I am not lying to myself. Likability is KEY today. Don’t actually count on the average voter having any real thought in their heads much less any understanding of politics or politicians. The vast majority of people have no idea what is going on in the real world. You are lying to yourself if you discount the importance of fame and personality. Crowing over him being already done is the surefire way to guarantee that he wins another election.

This round will be tough and the republicans will have to fight hard to win it. Obama is week on the economy and that is a great place to attack him but the republicans have completely failed on that front. All the ideas that have been put fourth have attacked entitlements as they should but people don’t want their entitlements gone so it has affected republicans. They need real solutions yet they cannot put real solutions fourth.

Daily numbers are meaningless. Changes over weeks and months show trends. That is where the cake is. From what I have seen on these boards in all the posts of the polls, his numbers seem quite stable.

Also, those numbers are actually quite good. Something that republicans find hard to swallow. Obama is still liked. The real point that we need to be driving home is that his policies suffer very bad when compared to his personal approval rating. That needs to be driven home as people need to make the connection that the president is not about promises or speeches but about actions and it is the actions that should decide the next election.

A Generic Republican presidential candidate continues to hold a two-point advantage over President Obama in an early look at 2012. On the Generic Congressional Ballot, the GOP holds a six-point advantage. Both these figures are updated weekly.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

A generic Democrat was beating George Bush in early 2004.

That is because generics are meaningless for presidential elections. Specifics matter there.

A Generic Republican presidential candidate continues to hold a two-point advantage over President Obama in an early look at 2012. On the Generic Congressional Ballot, the GOP holds a six-point advantage. Both these figures are updated weekly.

Doesn't anyone ever wonder how come Rasmussen polls always say something different?

different in what context?

Who is "we" and who are "all"?? The good ol' boys down at your local bar?

Obama: Job Ratings

The Gallup tracking poll has been consistently up or down around 5 points from the outset. All the polling (shown listed in the link above) has also consistently been plus/minus the 50 percentile from the outset.

here is just another example-

the latest and I have included data back to the Osama revelation;

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread

Rasmussen Reports 6/20 - 6/22 1500 LV 46 53 -7

Time 6/20 - 6/21 1003 A 48 46 +2

Gallup 6/19 - 6/21 1500 A 43 49 -6

Bloomberg 6/17 - 6/20 1000 A 49 44 +5

Associated Press/GfK 6/16 - 6/20 1001 A 52 47 +5

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 6/9 - 6/13 1000 A 49 46 +3

FOX News 6/5 - 6/7 912 RV 48 43 +5

CBS News 6/3 - 6/7 1024 A 48 43 +5

CNN/Opinion Research 6/3 - 6/7 1015 A 48 48 Tie

Reuters/Ipsos 6/3 - 6/6 1132 A 50 46 +4

Quinnipiac 5/31 - 6/6 1946 RV 47 46 +1

ABC News/Wash Post 6/2 - 6/5 1002 A 47 49 -2

Gallup 6/1 - 6/3 1500 A 48 44 +4

Rasmussen Reports 6/1 - 6/3 1500 LV 49 50 -1

Pew Research 5/25 - 5/30 1509 A 52 39 +13

CNN/Opinion Research 5/24 - 5/26 1007 A 54 45 +9

Democracy Corps (D) 5/21 - 5/25 1000 LV 49 45 +4

National Journal/FD 5/18 - 5/22 1000 A 51 41 +10

FOX News 5/15 - 5/17 910 RV 55 41 +14

Politico/GWU/Battleground 5/8 - 5/12 1000 LV 52 44 +8

Reuters/Ipsos 5/5 - 5/9 1029 A 49 47 +2

Associated Press/GfK 5/5 - 5/9 1001 A 60 39 +21

Gallup 5/6 - 5/8 1500 LV 51 40 +11

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval
( you can back years as well at this site)

____

Anyone notice anything , well , any anomalies?

That just proves what I said that Obama's polling numbers have consistently been plus or minus 50%. What he's going to win or lose on are not polls (population count) but on electorate votes, and he will probably lose the south for obvious reasons. So the whole thing will be up in the air until the summer of 2012 at least unless the Republicans pick a real loser, and I hope that doesn't happen. Seriously.

that may be but when you look at those polls straight up at election time, ras, gallup and Quinnipiac have been very accurate.

as I said when you get into the 43 or 41 range, its getting bad, its like market pricing, that 10.99 in peoples mind says 10 dollars more so than 11 dollars, when you get below _5...it gets dicey.

my look at the numbers above and going way back tells me;
a) media agencies are remarkably clumsy and generally- garbage.
b) ras and gallup and Quinn. pew mostly as they are polling outfits almost exclusively as they (especially ras and gallup) do there polls once every 3-4 days, means they have a real handle on whats going down.
c) the type of poll, A for anonymous LV for likely voter and R for registered voters provide better samples, RV being best LV next and anon. last.
d) that 8 point drop minus some big cataclysm rattled them, thats why they went ahead with the Oil release form the reserve decision.....

and if you look, the ras. is rigthy thing does not hold water, period.

Last edited:

Doesn't anyone ever wonder how come Rasmussen polls always say something different?

Ahhh.. The perils of using the term "always"... it usually comes back to bite you in the ass...

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

BTW, if you've been following trends, Gallup and Rass have been similar for a while now...

I don't because Rasmussen himself has admitted that their methodology produces different results.

thanks%20obama.jpg

How, exactly, did he do that?

I don't because Rasmussen himself has admitted that their methodology produces different results.

becasue; they use Likely voters as opposed to Anonymous voters for instance.....how many times do you need to read this?

and in the absence of systemic statical anomalies, you are ,as usual, blowing smoke.

becasue; they use Likely voters as opposed to Anonymous voters for instance.....how many times do you need to read this?

and in the absence of systemic statical anomalies, you are ,as usual, blowing smoke.

How many times do you need to be told that using likely voters in polls that are not election polls is inappropriately unrepresentative of the opinion of the American people. 'Likely voters' is a Rasmussen parlor trick to skew the results to the right.

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

There. Now you can refute the analysis of a professional statistician.

So this morning Obama is now at 50% disapproval and 43% approval talk about falling off a cliff.

Seems to me that I remember the left had no problem with Rasmussen back when they were predicting Obama the winner. I guess that's all different now....

How difficult is it to "say" you're a likely voter?

Methodology - Rasmussen Reports™

What's amusing is that those claims have been made for decades: Oooohhhhh, what about the grandkids? Oooohhh, look at the "debt" they'll inherit. Well guess what, we always make it out of hard times without having to strangle one class of society while doing it.
In other words your solution would be to ignore it and it will go away on its own. The numbers are there and they are real.

How many times do you need to be told that using likely voters in polls that are not election polls is inappropriately unrepresentative of the opinion of the American people. 'Likely voters' is a Rasmussen parlor trick to skew the results to the right.

The opinion that the American people express doesn't matter if they do not vote.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back