Obamacare!

Doesn't seem like you got the gist of the article.

Medicaid is public insurance for the poor. But at this point it's mostly privatized, with private insurance companies administering it. Lots of people are getting insured through Medicaid now (yes, under Obamacare). Which is good for those private insurers the program has been handed over to.

That's not an article about your deductible, it's an article about the privatization of Medicaid.

As state budgets have been hurt by the stagnant economy, lawmakers have turned more patients eligible for Medicaid over to privately-contracted insurance companies. Now, the health law provides a cash infusion of more than $900 billion in federal dollars from 2014 to 2022 to expand Medicaid programs for states interested in the proposition.
Enrollment in health plans that have contracts with Medicaid will rise by 20 percent this year and by nearly 40 percent from last year to 2016, according to a report this week from Avalere Health, a research and advisory services firm on health policy issues tracking the Affordable Care Act. . .

“The continuing shift toward Medicaid managed care presents a significant growth opportunity for health plans that specialize in managing these low-income populations,” said Avalere executive vice president Matt Eyles said in a statement accompanying the analysis. “Plans that currently operate in Medicaid could see significant membership growth, and those outside of the Medicaid market until now could gain market share by moving into this space.”

Insurers take in premiums monthly and pay out less benefits. they love you Obama. Those who now have such a high deductible you wont meet yearly thank Obama for throwing you under the bus.

Health Insurance Companies See ObamaCare Medicaid Boon - Forbes

I was all in favor of Obamacare, I voted for the man twice mainly for healthcare. I recently signed up for the Affordable Care Act. I was very happy about it; I’d been uninsured for 12 years due to a pre-existing condition. Now I’ve had an opportunity to see this thing in action and it’s totally worthless and was designed to be just that. My policy on paper looks too good to be true, low premium, $200 deductible for the entire year then 100% coverage, the problem is that there is a catch22 that makes it so you can never satisfy your deductible. You see, providers are allowed FIFTEEN MONTHS to file claims, and only the provider can file claims. Being doctors can drag their feet for over a year in filing any claim also means that the insurance company has over a year to pay any benefits while you’re still required to pay their premiums on top of your mounting healthcare cost. So, it’s possible you could be on the hook for a $1,000,000 in healthcare costs and your $200 deductible would still not be met, and you could die or lose everything you have before this legally mandated policy pays one cent. So far, I have paid over $500 on my $200 deductible and still have another $200 to go before I receive any benefits and this is for providers I saw last summer and guess what, they still haven’t filed their claims. They say they have, they mailed them in, but the insurance company says they don’t have them, but Blue Shield says not to worry because they still have a year left to file them <g> what a relief it was to hear that. They did say they have a grievance department so if you have Blue Shield you can write a letter to to let them know you’re unhappy with this policy to the address below.

Blue Cross Blue Shield

C/O Santa’s Workshop

1010 Rudolph Way

North Pole

We're been had folks, there is no insurance.

Insurers take in premiums monthly and pay out less benefits. they love you Obama. Those who now have such a high deductible you wont meet yearly thank Obama for throwing you under the bus.

Health Insurance Companies See ObamaCare Medicaid Boon - Forbes

I was all in favor of Obamacare, I voted for the man twice mainly for healthcare. I recently signed up for the Affordable Care Act. I was very happy about it; I’d been uninsured for 12 years due to a pre-existing condition. Now I’ve had an opportunity to see this thing in action and it’s totally worthless and was designed to be just that. My policy on paper looks too good to be true, low premium, $200 deductible for the entire year then 100% coverage, the problem is that there is a catch22 that makes it so you can never satisfy your deductible. You see, providers are allowed FIFTEEN MONTHS to file claims, and only the provider can file claims. Being doctors can drag their feet for over a year in filing any claim also means that the insurance company has over a year to pay any benefits while you’re still required to pay their premiums on top of your mounting healthcare cost. So, it’s possible you could be on the hook for a $1,000,000 in healthcare costs and your $200 deductible would still not be met, and you could die or lose everything you have before this legally mandated policy pays one cent. So far, I have paid over $500 on my $200 deductible and still have another $200 to go before I receive any benefits and this is for providers I saw last summer and guess what, they still haven’t filed their claims. They say they have, they mailed them in, but the insurance company says they don’t have them, but Blue Shield says not to worry because they still have a year left to file them <g> what a relief it was to hear that. They did say they have a grievance department so if you have Blue Shield you can write a letter to to let them know you’re unhappy with this policy to the address below.

Blue Cross Blue Shield

C/O Santa’s Workshop

1010 Rudolph Way

North Pole

We're been had folks, there is no insurance.

seems like total BS to me. Any other sources to back you up?

Sweetie Lee, I thanked you before this post so you wouldn't take offense at being welcomed to the Stupid American Parade, or SAP.
Be skeptical of every word out of a politician's mouth. Always look for the ulterior motive. Vote for the good of the country, not the individual. If it's good for the country, you'll benefit as well.
Welcome. :)

Blue Cross is not a fictitious company and the polices described above are not a secret, they most likely will not volunteer the info but if you ask them specifically they will verify everything I've said. Call them at (800) 392-4087

I've read of similar complaints about Blue Cross on Facebook.

But one needs to understand Blue Cross is not unique.

Insurers across the board are fucking Americans because the ACA mandates it.

You see, providers are allowed FIFTEEN MONTHS to file claims, and only the provider can file claims. Being doctors can drag their feet for over a year in filing any claim also means that the insurance company has over a year to pay any benefits while you’re still required to pay their premiums on top of your mounting healthcare cost. So, it’s possible you could be on the hook for a $1,000,000 in healthcare costs and your $200 deductible would still not be met, and you could die or lose everything you have before this legally mandated policy pays one cent.

If your provider isn't billing for the services being rendered, what exactly are on the hook for?

A deductible, along with any co-insurance or co-pays, is simply the part of the bill you as the patient are responsible for. If a provider decides to "drag their feet" and not bill at all (i.e. doesn't file a claim), who in this story is asking for "$1,000,000 in healthcare costs" from you?

You see, providers are allowed FIFTEEN MONTHS to file claims, and only the provider can file claims. Being doctors can drag their feet for over a year in filing any claim also means that the insurance company has over a year to pay any benefits while you’re still required to pay their premiums on top of your mounting healthcare cost. So, it’s possible you could be on the hook for a $1,000,000 in healthcare costs and your $200 deductible would still not be met, and you could die or lose everything you have before this legally mandated policy pays one cent.

If your provider isn't billing for the services being rendered, what exactly are on the hook for?

A deductible, along with any co-insurance or co-pays, is simply the part of the bill you as the patient are responsible for. If a provider decides to "drag their feet" and not bill at all (i.e. doesn't file a claim), who in this story is asking for "$1,000,000 in healthcare costs" from you?[/QUP

I've read of similar complaints about Blue Cross on Facebook.

But one needs to understand Blue Cross is not unique.

Insurers across the board are fucking Americans because the ACA mandates it.

Ya’know, a $200 annual deductible and then they pay 100% of everything, ok; I admit I was stupid to believe this was possibly real. I’ve lived in countries where there was universal health care and it was beautiful. The Affordable Care Act may have started out as an act of humanity but it was killed in its crib

Sweetie Lee, I thanked you before this post so you wouldn't take offense at being welcomed to the Stupid American Parade, or SAP.
Be skeptical of every word out of a politician's mouth. Always look for the ulterior motive. Vote for the good of the country, not the individual. If it's good for the country, you'll benefit as well.
Welcome. :)

Yeah, forgive me; I must have been blinded by that tsunami of integrity and common sense coming from the other side. Any politician regardless of party who gets his face on national TV has sold his soul to the same deity.

Forum List

Back