Obamacare Going After 1099ers

The problem isn't insurance. Insurance is really a bargain. The problem is the greed of medical providers. Just one visit to a hospital can totally pay you back for one or more years of paying insurance premiums.
To be fair to them, a lot of their "greed" is to compensate for insane lawsuit awards, government red tape and sky high malpractice insurance. Don't leave out lawyers and government.

it's called b.s.

compassion would be paying them enough so they could purchase insurance. compassion would mean offering them a group policy through the company.
compassion is not mislabeling employees as independent contractors so you can screw them over.
You talk about compassion?????????????????

Tell me where the $2500 a year savings are..................That was promised under the ACA when it increased rates nation wide.................I'll tell you where it is............under the Bronze plan it saved me that much a year................But you need to get run over by a semi to use it..........It pays jack squat unless you need surgery or have a major illness...........the plans are for catastrophic health issues.......Major surgeries..........and so on................They don't pay for the visits until you pay the high deductibles...........
broken keyboard?
Nooooooooooope..........just my usual style of posting.............

Rates have went up for all.........including the ACA coverage............and my post is accurate........
rates were going up before the aca. sounds like these guys never had health care.

I have NALC. It's going down $9.60 per month in 2016. It's major medical and not an OBAMACARE.
All that means is that you didn't go through the exchanges to get it. Don't know why you think that's such a big deal, but enjoy.

The problem isn't insurance. Insurance is really a bargain. The problem is the greed of medical providers. Just one visit to a hospital can totally pay you back for one or more years of paying insurance premiums.

Insurance is really a bargain if you're young, healthy, and your employer has a group plan. Otherwise not so much. The "greed" of doctors is predicated on a number of things - six-figure debt to pay for medical school, 30-hour shifts as interns and residents, high malpractice insurance premiums, the specialized expertise that makes it possible for them to perform delicate surgeries that may save your life.

And, yes, there's an overabundance of cosmetic surgeons and the like, but that's what's known as "market forces."

But be jealous. Or vote for one in the Republican primaries. He'd make a lot less money in the White House.

You talk about compassion?????????????????

Tell me where the $2500 a year savings are..................That was promised under the ACA when it increased rates nation wide.................I'll tell you where it is............under the Bronze plan it saved me that much a year................But you need to get run over by a semi to use it..........It pays jack squat unless you need surgery or have a major illness...........the plans are for catastrophic health issues.......Major surgeries..........and so on................They don't pay for the visits until you pay the high deductibles...........
broken keyboard?

Rates have went up for all.........including the ACA coverage............and my post is accurate........
rates were going up before the aca. sounds like these guys never had health care.

I have NALC. It's going down $9.60 per month in 2016. It's major medical and not an OBAMACARE.
All that means is that you didn't go through the exchanges to get it. Don't know why you think that's such a big deal, but enjoy.

Well, from what I hear, you Obamacare people are faced with high premiums and high deductibles. I'm not.

broken keyboard?

Well, from what I hear, you Obamacare people are faced with high premiums and high deductibles. I'm not.
you are an obamacare person. you're having a tough time with this.
your insurance meets the minimums, making it as much obamacare as any other policy.

broken keyboard?

The only people you hear that from are people who did not go through the exchanges and are just parroting what they heard from someone who heard it from someone who heard it on TalkRadio or...

The very fact that you people keep characterizing Obamacare as (A) health insurance that's (B) one-size-fits-all

gives you away every time.

your insurance meets the minimums, making it as much obamacare as any other policy.

Actually, it's the very same policy I had long before anyone ever heard of Obamacare, but enjoy your fairy tale existence.

The only people you hear that from are people who did not go through the exchanges and are just parroting what they heard from someone who heard it from someone who heard it on TalkRadio or...

The very fact that you people keep characterizing Obamacare as (A) health insurance that's (B) one-size-fits-all

gives you away every time.

Actually, there have been numerous news reports about the high premiums and deductibles under Obamacare and with many of the insurers going out of business but keep trumpeting you marching orders, you might find some fool who believes you.

Actually, it's the very same policy I had long before anyone ever heard of Obamacare, but enjoy your fairy tale existence.
so? that doesn't matter. it's still an obamacare compliant policy, which means you have....obamacare
the horror! you have obamacare and like it! you have obamacare and have seen your rates drop! how can that be? you have obamacare and got to keep your doctor!

I was just reading this about Canada Free health care

SNIP:
True cost of health care to average family is $11K per year: report

Emily Chan, CTVNews.ca
Published Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:48AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:31PM EDT
While many Canadians proudly boast about our country’s "free" health care, a new study has broken down exactly how much money in many tax dollars go into the system each year.

According to a new report by the right-leaning Fraser Institute, the average Canadian family will contribute $11,735 in taxes for public health insurance in 2015.

Many Canadians underestimate the cost of health care for a number of reasons, says study co-author Bacchus Barua, a senior economist with the Fraser Institute’s Centre for Health Policy Studies.

all of it here:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/true-c...erage-family-is-11k-per-year-report-1.2525114

so? that doesn't matter. it's still an obamacare compliant policy, which means you have....obamacare
the horror! you have obamacare and like it! you have obamacare and have seen your rates drop! how can that be? you have obamacare and got to keep your doctor!

You preach it your way and I'll preach it my way. I had this same insurance long before anyone heard of Obamacare. I already had free flue shots, my wife had free mammograms and pap smears, etc. I submit that Obamacare copied my Cadillac plan to a small degree. The insurance companies were in business of selling insurance long before Obamacare came along. Now, take a read:

Obamacare Rates 2016 Explained: With 7.5 Percent Increase In Premiums, Who Is Affected And Why?

ObamaCare premiums, penalties rising as open enrollment begins

Obamacare 2016: ‘Savings’ hype masks higher deductibles, fines

Hardly a "win" for anyone.

I was just reading this about Canada Free health care

No, you were reading about how much the average Canadian family pays in TAXES every year. It says so right in the article. Do you know what percentage of those taxes goes to healthcare as opposed to the other things that taxes go for (assuming you know what those are)? I doubt it.

Also, is that in Canadian dollars? Do you know what that would be in U.S. dollars? I doubt it.

Anyway, aren't you glad you don't live in Canada? But you people keep yowling about the PPACA. Your legislators are listening, and they'll make the transition to single-payer. Will it be the Canadian model, or something else?

reading some of the comments with the article on Canada. Most said the wait to see a doctor for non emergencies was up to 8 months before you got in to see one

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/true-c...erage-family-is-11k-per-year-report-1.2525114
Again, aren't you glad you don't live in Canada?

When the U.S. shifts to a single-payer system, all existing single-payer systems will be studied. We'll have the advantage of learning from others' mistakes.

I thought you said Obamacare was the very utopia???

reading some of the comments with the article on Canada. Most said the wait to see a doctor for non emergencies was up to 8 months before you got in to see one

Again, aren't you glad you don't live in Canada?

When the U.S. shifts to a single-payer system, all existing single-payer systems will be studied. We'll have the advantage of learning from others' mistakes.

I thought you said Obamacare was the very utopia???
Nope.

I am writing this a person who employs 6 1099'ers. They just got letters from the ACHA or whatever you call it to tell them they HAD to show proof of APPROVED health care insurance OR buy into Obamacare.

Now I only have six private contractors {1099} and have no one on a 1040 because it cuts book keeping costs. A 1099 employer does NOT withold taxes
or social security and in my state even child support. That is up to the 1099er.

The sign up costs are ranging from 7 to 900 dollars with the monthlies at 4 to 500.
They CANNOT afford it. Now before you all chime in and say I should be paying more my insurance costs ARE higher because of who I hire.

See I do a lot of little insurance work, minor fire and flood repair and wind storm.
One person I hired did 18 months for selling pot because he got caught with a pound so nobody would hire him. And another had more then one to many DWI's so nobody would hire him. But I did and and my rates went up because of it.

So I am already paying extra for employing them. And the profit margin I make is not that big because I do it more because I am bored VS needing the money. So its cheaper to close shop and un-employ six people then it is to give raises or raise my rates.

They have got to get the money to keep the thing afloat. The penalties should begin to kick in this year and many folks are going to have to pay.

Yes, insurance companies will want payment of the premiums they charge for their product. And penalties will be required from those who decided "I'm gonna pay the penalty and not get insurance - that'll show Obama he's not the boss of me!"

It's the ostensible 1099 process described in the OP that's of interest to me.

Ah, last time I checked President Obama ISN'T the boss of us! He's our President and we're the boss of him.

I am writing this a person who employs 6 1099'ers. They just got letters from the ACHA or whatever you call it to tell them they HAD to show proof of APPROVED health care insurance OR buy into Obamacare.

Now I only have six private contractors {1099} and have no one on a 1040 because it cuts book keeping costs. A 1099 employer does NOT withold taxes
or social security and in my state even child support. That is up to the 1099er.

The sign up costs are ranging from 7 to 900 dollars with the monthlies at 4 to 500.
They CANNOT afford it. Now before you all chime in and say I should be paying more my insurance costs ARE higher because of who I hire.

See I do a lot of little insurance work, minor fire and flood repair and wind storm.
One person I hired did 18 months for selling pot because he got caught with a pound so nobody would hire him. And another had more then one to many DWI's so nobody would hire him. But I did and and my rates went up because of it.

So I am already paying extra for employing them. And the profit margin I make is not that big because I do it more because I am bored VS needing the money. So its cheaper to close shop and un-employ six people then it is to give raises or raise my rates.

They have got to get the money to keep the thing afloat. The penalties should begin to kick in this year and many folks are going to have to pay.

Yes, insurance companies will want payment of the premiums they charge for their product. And penalties will be required from those who decided "I'm gonna pay the penalty and not get insurance - that'll show Obama he's not the boss of me!"

It's the ostensible 1099 process described in the OP that's of interest to me.

Ah, last time I checked President Obama ISN'T the boss of us! He's our President and we're the boss of him.
Absolutely true, but that post was about the childish mentality with which some Americans approach...well, most things.

Don't read the legislation; repeat the lie that it's hidden away somewhere.
Don't find out what your state government is doing about it; keep calling the PPACA "health insurance."
And whatever you do, don't use the exchanges or even a calculator provided by a privately owned corporation like the Kaiser Family Foundation to find out for yourself what options you'd have to choose from insurers and tiers and what the premiums and deductibles would be.
Just keep calling the PPACA "a failure," all evidence to the contrary, and keep throwing tantrums.

The tantrums are fun to watch, but they won't stop the adults from continuing to provide accurate information.

Forum List

Back