Obamacare causes prices to skyrocket

I don't get it. Under Bush, medical bills were the number one cause of bankruptcy.

I plan on retiring in less than a year and I will have some time to wait before I can get Medicare. I already called the exchange and got some good rates.

I'm wondering if it's only bad in Red States where GOP governors are desperately trying to fuck over their base. It's the GOP base that suffers the most from GOP policies. Not only from the damage, but from the shame of voting GOP.

I don't get it. Under Bush, medical bills were the number one cause of bankruptcy.

I plan on retiring in less than a year and I will have some time to wait before I can get Medicare. I already called the exchange and got some good rates.

I'm wondering if it's only bad in Red States where GOP governors are desperately trying to fuck over their base. It's the GOP base that suffers the most from GOP policies. Not only from the damage, but from the shame of voting GOP.
Instead of just putting your comment up there, how about some link showing what you said is true. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

An Examination of the Bush Health Care Agenda
A key achievement of the Bush proposals, if properly implemented, would be to increase personal control and private ownership of health insurance policies.
Funny how a liberal will lie about Bush, and defend the lies from Obama. Such stupid people DESERVE all the misery FORCED upon them from the Obama Admin.

Instead of just putting your comment up there, how about some link showing what you said is true.

Here you go:

Medical Expenses
A study done at Harvard University indicates that this is the biggest cause of bankruptcy, representing 62% of all personal bankruptcies. One of the interesting caveats of this study shows that 78% of filers had some form of health insurance

Read more: Top 5 Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt

I could see that you aren't satisfied that some people work for a living while some sit in their parents basement, smoke dope, invite their floozy girlfriend over to watch Netflix from their parents account and eat government cheese.

I could see that you just don't know all that much.

Yes, people actually go through real hardships and your little right-winger comic-book characterizations are ridiculous and frankly offensive in the way they minimize the very real suffering people go through.

Last edited:
So instead of personal responsibility for their own actions, everyone else has to pony up for their diseases, while we who don't fudge pack, or needle push, pay more yet get less coverage. Geez, your liberal compassion is real nice. Once again, when the money is all gone, because everyone will be broke, like in Venezuela, are you willing to eat DOG, like Obama did while he was growing up?

View attachment 80025

Our money will be gone because we take care of people's healthcare needs without finger pointing and playing judge and jury? Nonsense.

And where does your aproach take us?
Should we deny coverage if you break a leg skiing? Because you are fat? Because you neglected to properly hydrate or get that skin bump checked out on time?

And what happens when your kid picks up a habit? Are you ready to mortgage the house to send him/her for therapy and rehabilitation(s)? It's all fun and games and self-righteous grandstanding for conservatives...until it happens to one of theirs.

This narrow-minded assholism pervasive in conservative circles is thankfully popularly rejected by Americans, that's not who we are, it's who you are.

So, it's O.K. to expect society to carry your kid's addiction....but not you.

Hysterical.

Conservativsm is rejected by Americans ?

Really ?

The house and senate are more conservative now than they have been for some time.

Are you the one who keeps yapping about people living in bubbles ?

ROTFLMAO

Instead of just putting your comment up there, how about some link showing what you said is true.

Here you go:

Medical Expenses
A study done at Harvard University indicates that this is the biggest cause of bankruptcy, representing 62% of all personal bankruptcies. One of the interesting caveats of this study shows that 78% of filers had some form of health insurance

Read more: Top 5 Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt

Not one figure in the article.

I've heard that the average amount filed for is a little over 20,000. The cost of good used sedan.

Do I really care ?

I could see that you aren't satisfied that some people work for a living while some sit in their parents basement, smoke dope, invite their floozy girlfriend over to watch Netflix from their parents account and eat government cheese.

I could see that you just don't know all that much.

Yes, people actually go through real hardships and your little right-winger comic-book characterizations are ridiculous and frankly offensive in the way they minimize the very real suffering people go through.

Awwwww......

What has that got do with how much one knows ?

You are a true moron.

Wait....I thought Obama said that we needed Obamacare because the costs of healthcare were just too high??? :uhh:

Nancy Allamon said the couple literally can’t afford to get sick. After the passage of Obamacare, their health insurance deductible spiked to $5,000—money they don’t have. They also saw their monthly insurance payments rise.

2 Ohio Counties, Red and Blue, Ready for Obama Era’s End

I've got news for you - everybody goes through real hardships in life. Everybody. Yes - even Bill Gates. Even Pope Francis. Even Barack Obama. Even Donald Trump.

What does that stupid comment have to do with anything? At the end of the day, it is not the responsibility of government to address "hardships" of the people. It's the responsibility of each individual to address their own hardships. Whether that means working harder, leaning on family, asking for help from friends, using the church, of going to charities.

I've got news for you - everybody goes through real hardships in life. Everybody. Yes - even Bill Gates. Even Pope Francis. Even Barack Obama. Even Donald Trump.

What does that stupid comment have to do with anything? At the end of the day, it is not the responsibility of government to address "hardships" of the people. It's the responsibility of each individual to address their own hardships.

The same safety net is available to anyone who qualifies, Bill Gates or not.

And can you reconcile your high flying ideology with earthy reality that all developed countries have safety net programs?

Clearly people disagree with you, quite universally too about responsibilties of government. Welcome to earth.

What does that stupid comment have to do with anything? At the end of the day, it is not the responsibility of government to address "hardships" of the people. It's the responsibility of each individual to address their own hardships.

And can you reconcile your high flying ideology with earthy reality that all developed countries have safety net programs?

Clearly people disagree with you, quite universally too about responsibilties of government. Welcome to earth.

Who disagrees with him universally ?

We don't have single payer in this country....obviously people don't agree with you.

They can say it is a good idea, but there is no rush to elect people who will codify your dream.

It's good to know you have no issue with people subsidizing your care.

We don't have single payer in this country....obviously people don't agree with you.

They can say it is a good idea, but there is no rush to elect people who will codify your dream.

Wtf? That's just uber-stupid.

Single payer is not a pre-requisite for safety net programs like ss, snap, Medicaid/care.

Single payer is not a pre-requisite for safety net programs like ss, snap, Medicaid/care.

You think SS is universally loved ?

You think Medicaid is universally loved ?

Now that would be uber-stupid.

There are many things that used to be a privilege only for the rich and powerful, clean water, fresh food, shelter, but today basically everyone has access to those things not because people worked hard to make sure the rich and powerful had the cleanest water, the freshest food, and sturdiest houses, but because people worked hard to make sure that everyone regardless of how rich or powerful they were could have those things. The same is true with basic healthcare

It's true that the very young and the uber-stupid (with a lot of overlap) despise entitlements because they think they'll all be millionaires by retirement age. You have to ask yourselves how many of your elderly relatives you'd be willing to take into your home and provide food, clothing, shelter, and medical care for if these programs didn't exist.

If you're a true Randian, you'd just step over them when you saw them begging on the sidewalk.

Where do you stand on the Randian "I don't care/not my problem" spectrum?

Your refusal to answer puts you plunk in the "I don't care/let them die" column.

What say you?

It is universally implemented in one form or another in all developed countries on planet earth. A first world country without safety nets does not exist. Developed civilization here has long REJECTED the argument that government should not be providing safetynets, so do you think at some point you rightwingers will come down to earth and talk about these matters in a way that doesn't make you sound like martians?

It is universally implemented in one form or another in all developed countries on planet earth. A first world country without safety nets does not exist. Developed civilization here has long REJECTED the argument that government should not be providing safetynets, so do you think at some point you rightwingers will come down to earth and talk about these matters in a way that doesn't make you sound like martians?

Which developed nations would that be ? The ones in Europe that have committed mass genocide twice in the last 100 years ?

Or nations like Greece that are now bankrupt ?

How about these folks ?

And you never did answer my question.....

Is S.S. universally accepted in the U.S ?

Is Medicaid universally accept in the U.S. ?

Is S.S. universally accepted in the U.S ?

Is Medicaid universally accept in the U.S. ?

Are they both available in all 50 states? Yes. A two-second Google search would have told you that.

Are there dumbasses who claim they'll refuse Social Security when they turn 65? Yes. But as Ron White says "You can't fix Stupid."

Also, did you mean "Medicaid" or "Medicare"? Two very different things, and you need to be more specific.

Yanno who's eligible for both Social Security and Medicare?

Every American over age 66 and 65 respectively. Even Trump.

Forum List

Back