Obamacare? BZZZT! Wrong answer.

Hence why that article is called an 'opinion' since it doesn't reflect a factual viewpoint; as can be demonstrated in your post.

What? The entire point of this OP is to show what Americans think. That is a factual viewpoint.

Wow. A liberally biased polling firm conducted the poll. Not buying it. Think I'm full of it?

The questions are tailored to get the desired responses from the respondents:

By more than three to one, Americans said they would be "very pleased" or "somewhat pleased," rather than "somewhat disappointed" or "very disappointed," if the chief executive and lawmakers worked together to create jobs—either by cutting taxes and regulations or by increasing federal spending on infrastructure projects. Both options were the most popular of the six policy goals offered to respondents, although majorities also said they'd be happy if the government reduced the deficit, passed an immigration overhaul that included a pathway to citizenship, and expanded gun-sale background checks.

That's not an honest poll, seeing as how 5.5 million people lost their insurance because of Obamacare, what good would getting a health plan at your job, only to have it cancelled when the employer mandate kicks in, hmm? I highly doubt this is 'what Americans think.' You know what this reminds me of? A poll of liberals. How else do you get such responses?

I don't know where to begin or end with this. The bias is strong with this one.

No, what matters is if the number of righties pulled are equal in number to the lefties polled. Just because you don't like the results doesn't mean it is a biased poll lol. The poll asked both republican and democratic positions. It is a fair poll.

What? The entire point of this OP is to show what Americans think. That is a factual viewpoint.

Wow. A liberally biased polling firm conducted the poll. Not buying it. Think I'm full of it?

By more than three to one, Americans said they would be "very pleased" or "somewhat pleased," rather than "somewhat disappointed" or "very disappointed," if the chief executive and lawmakers worked together to create jobs—either by cutting taxes and regulations or by increasing federal spending on infrastructure projects. Both options were the most popular of the six policy goals offered to respondents, although majorities also said they'd be happy if the government reduced the deficit, passed an immigration overhaul that included a pathway to citizenship, and expanded gun-sale background checks.

That's not an honest poll, seeing as how 5.5 million people lost their insurance because of Obamacare, what good would getting a health plan at your job, only to have it cancelled when the employer mandate kicks in, hmm? I highly doubt this is 'what Americans think.' You know what this reminds me of? A poll of liberals. How else do you get such responses?

No, what matters is if the number of righties pulled are equal in number to the lefties polled. Just because you don't like the results doesn't mean it is a biased poll lol. The poll asked both republican and democratic positions. It is a fair poll.

Oh sure. It polled them all on Liberal policy goals. Immigration reform, gun control, infrastructure? What actually gets me is how in this poll you can "increase taxes and cut spending" then turn around and "increase infrastructure spending" at the same time. How can someone be more concerned about a job over their health? Doesn't someone need their health in order to maintain their job? One other thing, if what this poll suggests were truly the case, why is Obama so predisposed with his healthcare plan?

Why is he "using all the resources at his disposal to make the Affordable Care Act work," precisely? Funny I've not gotten a straight answer on that yet.

And frankly, how can Obama create jobs when he's too indisposed with Obamacare?

He did and private job growth has continued :eusa_whistle:

Latest;

Firms add 215,000 jobs in Nov., beat estimates

Businesses added 215,000 jobs in November, payroll processor ADP said Wednesday, fueling hopes that the government's closely watched employment report this week will continue a recent string of solid gains.

The ADP survey, along with decent-to-strong reports on the broader economy and home sales, painted a portrait of an economy that's largely shrugging off the effects of the government shutdown and ongoing budget battles in Congress,

The increase in private payrolls was the most in a year and soundly beat economists' consensus forecast that 165,000 jobs were added. Economists anticipate that the Labor Department on Friday will report about 180,000 employment gains in its survey, which tallies net additions among businesses as well as federal, state and local governments.

Link me to that please? Given the labor force participation rate, I'd wager that's a lie. There are 11 million unemployed Americans out there right now (including me). Can you list for me any of his jobs proposals? If I recall Republicans were the ones proposing the jobs bills in the house. If I recall once again, Democrats were the ones sitting on them.

Latest;

Businesses added 215,000 jobs in November, payroll processor ADP said Wednesday, fueling hopes that the government's closely watched employment report this week will continue a recent string of solid gains.

The ADP survey, along with decent-to-strong reports on the broader economy and home sales, painted a portrait of an economy that's largely shrugging off the effects of the government shutdown and ongoing budget battles in Congress,

The increase in private payrolls was the most in a year and soundly beat economists' consensus forecast that 165,000 jobs were added. Economists anticipate that the Labor Department on Friday will report about 180,000 employment gains in its survey, which tallies net additions among businesses as well as federal, state and local governments.

Hmm, now how many of those were part time jobs?

Oh sure. It polled them all on Liberal policy goals. Immigration reform, gun control, infrastructure? What actually gets me is how in this poll you can "increase taxes and cut spending" then turn around and "increase infrastructure spending" at the same time. How can someone be more concerned about a job over their health? Doesn't someone need their health in order to maintain their job? One other thing, if what this poll suggests were truly the case, why is Obama so predisposed with his healthcare plan?

Why is he "using all the resources at his disposal to make the Affordable Care Act work," precisely? Funny I've not gotten a straight answer on that yet.

You can focus spending in other areas and still cut spending over all. Government spending is inherently necessary. It's important to realize that. The spending on defense is very egregious. And like i said, revenue is down, therefore raising taxes is how we pay our government expenses.

I would say Repubs are more predisposed with ObamaCare, whether that is justified or not.

Ah yes, somehow Obama doesn't have control over the price of gas, but somehow he can wave his magic wand and miraculously add hundreds of thousands of jobs to the economy. Right. If he had that kind of control, he would be God.

Latest;

Hmm, now how many of those were part time jobs?

Probably a lot of them, but its stupid to blame Obama for it.

Ah yes, somehow Obama doesn't have control over the price of gas, but somehow he can wave his magic wand and miraculously add hundreds of thousands of jobs to the economy. Right. If he had that kind of control, he would be God.

Except that there is clear cut evidence his stimulus package created millions of jobs.

You can focus spending in other areas and still cut spending over all. Government spending is inherently necessary. It's important to realize that. The spending on defense is very egregious. And like i said, revenue is down, therefore raising taxes is how we pay our government expenses.

I would say Repubs are more predisposed with ObamaCare, whether that is justified or not.

Government spending within its means is necessary. If it didn't spend more than it took in, it wouldn't need to raise taxes on anyone.

Well yeah, when millions of people are kicked off perfectly good healthcare insurance plans because of Obamacare, I'd be predisposed with it too! How is it possible for people not to be worried about their health? There's enough conundrums around here to make my head spin.

It goes on to say: “Moreover, recent research suggests that the ultimate increase in the incidence of part-time work when the ACA provisions are fully implemented is likely to be small, on the order of a 1 to 2 percentage point increase or less. This is consistent with the example of Hawaii, where part-time work increased only slightly in the two decades following enforcement of the state’s employer health-care mandate.”

The findings regarding Obamacare were a small portion of the the S.F. Fed’s overall study, which concluded that recent increases in part-time employment were similar to patterns that followed past recessions. The share of part-time jobs has risen from 17% in 2007 to nearly 20% in 2009 and remained there.

Valletta and Bengali note that adjusted figures show part-time employment after the 1982 recession comprised a slightly larger proportion of the overall jobs market.

“In particular, on a consistent basis, the part-time employment share peaked at 20.3% in 1983, slightly above the recent peak of 19.7% in 2010,” they wrote. “By this standard, the level of part-time work in recent years is not unprecedented, although its persistence during the ongoing recovery is unusual.”

Obamacare not to blame for jump in part-time jobs, Fed researchers say - Health Exchange - MarketWatch

It's a post-recession norm.

Obama has failed and is behind the 8 ball. He will go down as the worst POTUS in the last 150 years

Rightfully so

-Geaux

It goes on to say: “Moreover, recent research suggests that the ultimate increase in the incidence of part-time work when the ACA provisions are fully implemented is likely to be small, on the order of a 1 to 2 percentage point increase or less. This is consistent with the example of Hawaii, where part-time work increased only slightly in the two decades following enforcement of the state’s employer health-care mandate.”

The findings regarding Obamacare were a small portion of the the S.F. Fed’s overall study, which concluded that recent increases in part-time employment were similar to patterns that followed past recessions. The share of part-time jobs has risen from 17% in 2007 to nearly 20% in 2009 and remained there.

Valletta and Bengali note that adjusted figures show part-time employment after the 1982 recession comprised a slightly larger proportion of the overall jobs market.

“In particular, on a consistent basis, the part-time employment share peaked at 20.3% in 1983, slightly above the recent peak of 19.7% in 2010,” they wrote. “By this standard, the level of part-time work in recent years is not unprecedented, although its persistence during the ongoing recovery is unusual.”

Obamacare not to blame for jump in part-time jobs, Fed researchers say - Health Exchange - MarketWatch

"Federal researchers"

Moving on:

Business backlash: Obamacare's part-time jobs problem?Commentary

Part Time Jobs Surge: Obamacare To Blame? - Business Insider

Even more problematic is how businesses are already responding to the new law. The White House continues to deny any relationship between hiring and ObamaCare. The poll finds 27% of franchise businesses and 12% of non-franchises have already replaced full-time with part-time employees in anticipation of the law's employer mandate. ObamaCare defines a full-time employee as someone who works 30 hours or more a week.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303460004579192102917020082

Mind you, this study was sanctioned by the US Chamber of Commerce.

http://www.uschamber.com/reports/findings-national-research-conducted-among-business-decisionmakers

Last edited:

"Federal researchers"

Moving on:

Business backlash: Obamacare's part-time jobs problem?Commentary

Part Time Jobs Surge: Obamacare To Blame? - Business Insider

Just because it is a government report doesn't mean it has a liberal bias. Christ grow up.

You obviously don't read what you post. The first article only refers to one specific poll which implies the ObamaCare rollout only has a very slight negative impact on the economy at best. The second article is simply reporting what republicans are saying about it lol. Obviously that is biased.

Just because it is a government report doesn't mean it has a liberal bias. Christ grow up.

You obviously don't read what you post. The first article only refers to one specific poll which implies the ObamaCare rollout only has a very slight negative impact on the economy at best. The second article is simply reporting what republicans are saying about it lol. Obviously that is biased.

Oh, but read my post again, oh wise one.

Sixty-four percent (64%) of business decision-makers in franchisee-owned businesses and 53% in non-franchisee owned businesses believe the ACA will have a negative impact on their businesses.

Many businesses are already seeing their health care costs increasing because of the law. To cope, 31% of franchise and 12% of non-franchise businesses have already reduced worker hours, a full year before the employer mandate goes into effect.

Additionally, 27% of franchise and 12% of non-franchise businesses have already replaced full-time workers with part-time employees. Other cost control methods cited by survey participants included hiring only temporary help and cutting benefits and bonuses.

Among businesses with 40 to 70 employees, 59% of franchise and 52% of non-franchise businesses plan to make personnel changes to stay below the 50 full time equivalent employee threshold. This accounts for 23% of all franchise and 10% of all non-franchise decision‐makers surveyed.

Large chunks of decision-makers say the employer mandate will mean they will drop health coverage, opting instead to pay a penalty for each employee. In effect, among this segment of businesses, the employer mandate will more than double the percentage of franchise-owned businesses and more than triple the percentage of non-franchise businesses that will not offer health coverage.

Presentation of Findings from National Research Conducted Among Business Decision?Makers | U.S. Chamber of Commerce

Last edited:
Zzzzzzz the people who are desperately still needing coverage are still not going to be covered. Who is going to speak for them? No one unless it serves their agenda.

Oh, but read my post again, oh wise one.

-Many businesses are already seeing their health care costs increasing because of the law. To cope, 31% of franchise and 12% of non-franchise businesses have already reduced worker hours, a full year before the employer mandate goes into effect.

- Additionally, 27% of franchise and 12% of non-franchise businesses have already replaced full-time workers with part-time employees. Other cost control methods cited by survey participants included hiring only temporary help and cutting benefits and bonuses.

Presentation of Findings from National Research Conducted Among Business Decision?Makers | U.S. Chamber of Commerce

But that article doesn't contradict the fed article. The fed article says ObamaCare may have a "small" effect on the economy. Also, the fed article is talking about new jobs. It is not talking about how businesses are cutting hours.

Forum List

Back