Obamacare? BZZZT! Wrong answer.

maybe someone needs to ask obama about the high unemployment dilemma among corpsemen and fallen hereos, they are having a very hard time finding work, even at McDonalds !!
Why? It was the veteran hating GOP who blocked the veteran's jobs bill!!!!!!!

Senate GOP Blocks Veterans Jobs Bill : Roll Call News

Senate Republicans today defeated Democratic legislation designed to help veterans get jobs

snip/

Republicans also said that job-creating provisions in measure - including establishing a veterans jobs corps to employ veterans in conservation, recreation, and resource management projects on public lands; and as firefighters and police officers - are untested.

In small towns a boom like this can make or break them. You get Keystone with high paid welders coming in, literally you're setting off a financial YAY!!!!!! FIRESTORM!!!!! because they get the high paying money and the guys lay it out on the day to day.
Sure.

But, this is the way stimulus works for any infrastructure project.

It could have been bridges, schools, or something else that we actually need.

The keystone pipeline is oriented to raising the price of oil in the midwest and Canada - something we really don't have to do.

The Keystone pipeline would not require a dime of stimulus funding. All it needed was Obama's approval to be built. I suggest that it would lower the price of oil. It is a lot cheaper and safer to move oil in a pipeline than by the railroad tankers that are owned by a billionaire contributer to the Obama campaign.
It would actually RAISE the price of oil in the US by diverting the tar sand from mid-west refineries that could only be sold in the US to the gulf where it can be exported and sold on the world market. Less oil supplies sold in the US means higher prices in the US, exactly what the GOP and Canada want.

Seems like the lying about keeping your insurance....keeping your doctor....those were just small hillocks of lies on that iceberg. Could this one be the PEAK?

White House changes story on Obama's relationship to uncle | www.ajc.com

lol ... that's pretty funny.

If anything this is a distraction from "you can keep your doctor". Average people won't care that someone in the White House said Obama didn't know the uncle. Obama isn't on record saying it.

Average people still care about "you can keep your doctor" and the other lies Obama actively participated in.

I feel a little sorry for the uncle. Obama doesn't seem to care much for his family at all.

Seems like the lying about keeping your insurance....keeping your doctor....those were just small hillocks of lies on that iceberg. Could this one be the PEAK?

White House changes story on Obama's relationship to uncle | www.ajc.com

This is the money quote from that article:

But a writer for Breitbart.com says what the story really demonstrates is a problem with the media. "Our acquiescent media is told something by the White House and simply reports it to the world as fact and without a hint of skepticism."

Bingo!

I'm sorry. You apparently didn't read the article. The bulk of Americans Don't Care.

Jobs are more important. And they're right.

That makes you wrong.

We already knew this, so why did Obama push through the ACA?

Because any communist knows the first step in taking over a society is take over health care.

That is exactly right, Mudwhistle! I kept asking why Obama kept coming out with these speeches on Healthcare in 2009 and 2010 and never did we hear a speech on the economy or jobs! No one would listen to me from the left. They just said, well, healthcare is important, too! We were leaning over the fiscal cliff! He wasn't even meeting with the committees! Everything was a mess!

They cared about jobs every doggone year. That has never changed.

Yup. Jobs and the economy. THAT is what matters, and I never said to the exclusion of all else. But jobs are, far and away, the most important issue in America today.

It's especially important to you libs now as you need a big deflection to take attention away from the major boondoggle Obamacare!:mad:

In 2009, what people cared about was jobs.

What did they get from Obama? Every now and then he'd say, "I get it -- you care about jobs -- I'll get right on that after I finish what I'm doing with your health insurance."

You can notice that the price of this oil has gone up as partial solutions have been found - such as reversing direction on some of the existing pipelines that used to carry oil FROM the gulf but now carry oil TO the gulf.

Last edited:
The initial ACA enrollees are primarily Medicare recipients.

There are literally tens of millions of Americans yet to receive their wake-up call. Double and triple health care premiums with skyrocketing deductibles.

Sorry, ma'am. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

Tens of millions? Wow...odd how the numbers keep getting bigger and bigger. Why not just go for a kagillion?

Not odd at all how many people do you think live in this country?? you can be a putz and go for a kagillion,like saying it will discredit the OP?

The initial ACA enrollees are primarily Medicare recipients.

There are literally tens of millions of Americans yet to receive their wake-up call. Double and triple health care premiums with skyrocketing deductibles.

Sorry, ma'am. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

Tens of millions? Wow...odd how the numbers keep getting bigger and bigger. Why not just go for a kagillion?

Not odd at all how many people do you think live in this country?? you can be a putz and go for a kagillion,like saying it will discredit the OP?

Math is never a stronghold of a leftard.

maybe someone needs to ask obama about the high unemployment dilemma among corpsemen and fallen hereos, they are having a very hard time finding work, even at McDonalds !!
Why? It was the veteran hating GOP who blocked the veteran's jobs bill!!!!!!!

Senate GOP Blocks Veterans Jobs Bill : Roll Call News

Senate Republicans today defeated Democratic legislation designed to help veterans get jobs

snip/

Republicans also said that job-creating provisions in measure - including establishing a veterans jobs corps to employ veterans in conservation, recreation, and resource management projects on public lands; and as firefighters and police officers - are untested.

Actually the Democrats are very good at piggy backing a provision that the GOP supports (like the veterans) into a bill the Democrats want passed. Then when the left doesn't get the spending plan THEY wanted, they can turn and say the GOP doesn't care about veterans. It's the oldest political spending trick in the book, when one party wants to use a "hostage" to get the spending plan they REALLY wanted.

Can you provide me a link that shows this bill was SOLY a veterans job bill and that absolutely no other political agenda bill was riding on its coat-tails for passage by the left?

Last edited:
Sure.

But, this is the way stimulus works for any infrastructure project.

It could have been bridges, schools, or something else that we actually need.

The keystone pipeline is oriented to raising the price of oil in the midwest and Canada - something we really don't have to do.

The Keystone pipeline would not require a dime of stimulus funding. All it needed was Obama's approval to be built. I suggest that it would lower the price of oil. It is a lot cheaper and safer to move oil in a pipeline than by the railroad tankers that are owned by a billionaire contributer to the Obama campaign.
It would actually RAISE the price of oil in the US by diverting the tar sand from mid-west refineries that could only be sold in the US to the gulf where it can be exported and sold on the world market. Less oil supplies sold in the US means higher prices in the US, exactly what the GOP and Canada want.

I noticed you didn't mention stimulus money.

The few refineries in the midwest by my estimate need less than 10% of the crude coming from tar sands and the billionaire that donates to Obama and owns the railroad and oil tank cars could easily supply the much shorter routes.

It is a lot closer to Illinois or Indiana from North Dakota or Canada than to Texas or Louisiana. The savings in transportation costs would offset some of the cost.

I noticed you didn't mention stimulus money.

The few refineries in the midwest by my estimate need less than 10% of the crude coming from tar sands and the billionaire that donates to Obama and owns the railroad and oil tank cars could easily supply the much shorter routes.

It is a lot closer to Illinois or Indiana from North Dakota or Canada than to Texas or Louisiana. The savings in transportation costs would offset some of the cost.
You're still missing the economic argument here.

The problem for the extraction companies is that they could produce large amounts of oil, but it couldn't be taken to market efficiently.

So, as economics dictates, when there is large volume prices are lower. That is why oil prices in the US Midwest were low. And, that is the problem the Keystone pipeline solves.

Again, the ENTIRE reason for the pipeline is to get the high volume to the Gulf coast where it is then available on the world market - which means the extraction companies get to ask the world market price and make a LOT more money due to the higher price. They then don't have to sell to the US Midwest refineries at the lower price.

The economic stimulus of having some temporary pipeline building jobs is a temporary sidelight. Rail doesn't satisfy the extraction companies, because it isn't high enough volume to maximize their profits.

Finally, Canadians don't want the pipeline in Canada, because of the environmental risk - THEY want it in America, rather than going to the Pacific (through enlarging the pipeline they have that goes to British Columbia).

Keystone: US citizens pay more money for oil and its products. US environment is at risk instead of Canada's environment. And, extraction companies (probably mostly in Canada) make higher profits.

What's not to like - Eh?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back