Obama Wins Iraqi War

History will show that candidate Obama tried to lose a war that was won, and he will be a laughing stock throughout history for it.

Trying to claim he had anything to do with 'winning it' is like saying Harry truman won WWII.

Sorry....but we defeated Japan in three and a half years. Bush had five years to win in Iraq and blundered the job. He was the one who claimed it would be easy. Bush blundered his unnecessary war. Bush FAILED

Left it for Obama to win
Sorry, but you can't spin history.

Barry will be the answer to a funny trivia question:

"Name the President that tried to lose a war and later claimed to win it"

Exactly right....:eusa_doh:

1) "My answer is bring 'em on." —President George W. Bush, challenging militants attacking U.S. forces in Iraq, July 2, 2003 (Source)

2) "I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005 (Source)

3) "As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time." —Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, responding to a U.S. soldier serving in Iraq who asked him why troops had to dig through scrap metal to armor vehicles, Dec. 8, 2004 (Source)

4) "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003 (Source)

5) "F**k Saddam, we're taking him out." –President Bush to three U.S. Senators in March 2002, a full year before the Iraq invasion (Source)

6) "Ladies and gentlemen, these are not assertions. These are facts, corroborated by many sources, some of them sources of the intelligence services of other countries." –Secretary of State Colin Powell, testifying about Iraq's chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons capabilities before the United Nations Security Council, Feb. 5, 2003 (Source)

7) "Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on looting in Iraq after the U.S. invasion, adding "stuff happens," April 11, 2003 (Source)

8) "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003 (Source)

9) "It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003 (Source)

10) "From a marketing point of view, you don't roll out new products in August." --White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card, on why the Bush administration waited until after Labor Day to try to sell the American people on war against Iraq, "New York Times" interview, Sept. 7, 2002 (Source)

Do you need more? I can provide more evidence of how Bush fucked up the Iraq invasion

Sorry....but we defeated Japan in three and a half years. Bush had five years to win in Iraq and blundered the job. He was the one who claimed it would be easy. Bush blundered his unnecessary war. Bush FAILED

Left it for Obama to win
Sorry, but you can't spin history.

Barry will be the answer to a funny trivia question:

"Name the President that tried to lose a war and later claimed to win it"

History shows that Bush brought his country into two wars and fucked both of them up. Thankfully, "We the People" elected a President who understood where the terrorists really were and drew down the troop levels in Iraq while going after terrorists in Afghanistan. He also understood that Pakistan was a key to stabilizing the region and encouraged them to step up their anti-Taliban fighting
I am against both wars, as should be obvious.

Barry 'doesn't know' where the terrorists are, enough with the mindless barry worship, he's as clueless as Captain Chimptastic was.

Be that as it may, Barry did zero to 'win the war in Iraq' and we both know it, so stop the spinning.

Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz cited bureaucratic reasons for focusing on Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, and said a "huge" result of the war was to enable Washington to withdraw its troops from Saudi Arabia.

"The truth is that for reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on which was weapons of mass destruction as the core reason," Wolfowitz was quoted as saying in a Pentagon transcript of an interview with Vanity Fair

About.com: http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-05-30-wolfowitz-iraq_x.htm

Still waiting to hear what this administration did to win the war in Iraq.......

This administration pulled troops back from the "hot zones" and gave control to the Iraqi Government.
This administration pulled the USMC from Iraq

Bush left office with "Mission Not Accomplished"

He left the job for Obama to complete

Obama will get to declare "Mission Accomplished" not Bush

Remember this?
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003

How about this one?

"It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003

If we had conducted a "surge" in Feb 2007 we would have been out of Iraq three years ago

Bush= FAIL

Last edited:
I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

June 2006 Still no win for Bush
June 2007 Still no win for Bush
June 2008 Still no win for Bush

Now we are in Feb 2010! and you guys are declaring a win for Bush???

If anyone thinks this war is won then jump on a plane and fly over to Baghdad and have some lunch in a local cafe, any takers? This war is not over and pulling out our troops will not equate to a win.
Check the history books on what happens when the good guys leave and then tell me the war is over.
If Obama rushes this pull out for political reasons and people die because of it the blood of those folks (to use an Obama term) will be on his hands.

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003

May 2004 Combat operations have not ended, we did not prevail
May 2005 Combat operations have not ended, we did not prevail
May 2006 Combat operations have not ended, we did not prevail
May 2007 Combat operations have not ended, we did not prevail
May 2008 Combat operations have not ended, we did not prevail

Now under President Obama.....Combat operations are finally ending

If anyone thinks this war is won then jump on a plane and fly over to Baghdad and have some lunch in a local cafe, any takers? This war is not over and pulling out our troops will not equate to a win.
Check the history books on what happens when the good guys leave and then tell me the war is over.
If Obama rushes this pull out for political reasons and people die because of it the blood of those folks (to use an Obama term) will be on his hands.
The Democrats don't care about that; they'll blame it on Bush forcing them to pull out too early.

I guess Obama must be desperate for a win.. any win.. even if it's an obvious lie.
Sending out Joe Biden to take all the credit, pathetic.

“I am very optimistic about — about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You’re going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You’re going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.”

race42008.com Blog Archive Vice President Biden Gives Obama Administration Credit For Iraq

Hey Rahm, order the mission accomplished banner! :eek:

6a00d834fd7f7353ef010536ccc557970c-pi.0.0.0x0.390x319.jpeg

Bush= FAIL

Guess what leatherneck? We pulled out of Lebanon... the history books tell us exactly what we need to know.

I guess Obama must be desperate for a win.. any win.. even if it's an obvious lie.
Sending out Joe Biden to take all the credit, pathetic.

“I am very optimistic about — about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You’re going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You’re going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.”

race42008.com Blog Archive Vice President Biden Gives Obama Administration Credit For Iraq

Well... nothings changed...

all he said was all major combat troops will be pulled out....

lol...it is meaningless... he doesnt say when they will acually be on a plane... so does that mean all the guns will be sent back to america? he said 40 thousand troops will be staying there permenantly..

lol this is all a illusion.

U.S. officials are deeply concerned the ban could threaten Iraq's political stability ahead of the withdrawal of American combat troops by the end of August.

Although violence has dropped sharply nationwide since 2007, the Iraqi government has warned there could be a spike in attacks ahead of the elections.

The Beaumont Enterprise >> www.beaumontenterprise.com - www.beaumontenterprise.com

These are the elections that were supposed to be held last month. I hope we are not leaving too soon.

Bush= FAIL

Rightwinger=major fail.

Major combat operations had in fact ended. What ensued was a guerilla war.
Obama was against the surge. Obama was against the war. Obama was against the government of Iraq. Obama was against the agreement to leave. Obama promised he would pull troops from Iraq when he got into office.
Obama lied. Obama misled. Obama deceived.
Obama is now taking credit for Bush's work.
And morons like you are falling for it.

Bush= FAIL

Rightwinger=major fail.

Major combat operations had in fact ended. What ensued was a guerilla war.
Obama was against the surge. Obama was against the war. Obama was against the government of Iraq. Obama was against the agreement to leave. Obama promised he would pull troops from Iraq when he got into office.
Obama lied. Obama misled. Obama deceived.
Obama is now taking credit for Bush's work.
And morons like you are falling for it.

The Iraqi's appreciated Bush's work so much, they erected a monument to it:

Statue Commemorating Bush Shoe Throw Unveiled In Iraq

Saddam's hometown unveils statue dedicated to man who threw shoe at President Bush

alg_bronzeshoe.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think this was part of "America Appreciation Day". They throw things to celebrate. Old Arab custom.

Iraq used to have 1.4 MILLION Christians. Now the estimate is 0.4 MILLION. Any idea where this "success" placed the missing "MILLION"?

Forum List

Back