Obama Wins Iraqi War

6a00d834fd7f7353ef010536ccc557970c-pi.0.0.0x0.390x319.jpeg

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003

Bush= FAIL

Rightwinger=major fail.

Major combat operations had in fact ended. What ensued was a guerilla war.
Obama was against the surge. Obama was against the war. Obama was against the government of Iraq. Obama was against the agreement to leave. Obama promised he would pull troops from Iraq when he got into office.
Obama lied. Obama misled. Obama deceived.
Obama is now taking credit for Bush's work.
And morons like you are falling for it.

The Iraqi's appreciated Bush's work so much, they erected a monument to it:

Statue Commemorating Bush Shoe Throw Unveiled In Iraq

Saddam's hometown unveils statue dedicated to man who threw shoe at President Bush

alg_bronzeshoe.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think this was part of "America Appreciation Day". They throw things to celebrate. Old Arab custom.

Well to be fair, throwing a shoe at Saddam got you a trip to the woodchipper (feet first) so progress is progress.
:tongue:

Rightwinger=major fail.

Obama was against the surge. Obama was against the war. Obama was against the government of Iraq. Obama was against the agreement to leave. Obama promised he would pull troops from Iraq when he got into office.

Saddam's hometown unveils statue dedicated to man who threw shoe at President Bush

alg_bronzeshoe.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think this was part of "America Appreciation Day". They throw things to celebrate. Old Arab custom.

Well to be fair, throwing a shoe at Saddam got you a trip to the woodchipper (feet first) so progress is progress.

There was a message the press didn't report:

thrown_shoe.jpg

Rightwinger=major fail.

alg_bronzeshoe.jpg

Remember when Muntazer al-Zaidi had a full set of teeth? Hmmm, did all that "free speech" cause him to lose one of his teeth?

alg_shoe_muntazer-al-zaidi.jpg

Its really sad that you guys can't admit any kind of victory for your country when you are not in power. Iraq was over since the surge. Casualities were way down and there were a lot of ungrateful Iraqis that threw a shoe at the president. You guys sure don't mind ripping into your country if it suites a political goal.

Your guys mentaility is really sad...

Its really sad that you guys can't admit any kind of victory for your country when you are not in power. Iraq was over since the surge. Casualities were way down and there were a lot of ungrateful Iraqis that threw a shoe at the president. You guys sure don't mind ripping into your country if it suites a political goal.

Hitler.jpg

Hitler.jpg

Your point being?

Lets see....Bush had five years to win a war that he said "The people will treat us as liberators"

Bush= FAIL

Looks like President Obama will finally do what Bush couldn't

LOL.....dork

History shows that Bush had five years to a war that he downplayed the difficulty. Declaring victory after a month and that the liberated Iraqis would treat US soldiers as liberators.

Bush got himself into a situation he could not handle and left it for Obama to eventually win

Our military will achieve in Iraq, despite the efforts of both Bush and Obama. Because a thousand scumbag politicians couldn't equal the quality of just one of our military.

We're so lucky to have such a military genius as the commander-in-chief. I hope his shinny new Iraqi War trophy looks nice next to his Nobel Peace award.

LOL.....dork

History shows that Bush had five years to a war that he downplayed the difficulty. Declaring victory after a month and that the liberated Iraqis would treat US soldiers as liberators.

Bush got himself into a situation he could not handle and left it for Obama to eventually win

Our military will achieve in Iraq, despite the efforts of both Bush and Obama. Because a thousand scumbag politicians couldn't equal the quality of just one of our military.

I must the only person who thinks Iraq is over with and has been after the surge. I don't see much of a point of being there much longer and would like to leave. In fact, I would like to unplug from the world completely. That includes the UN.

If Iraq was a success, then why did the shoe thrower become a "national hero" with his own monument?

Where are the million Christians that have disappeared?

Why are women back in bags?

Why are gays being murdered (I know, Republicans don't see that as a BAD thing)?

Have you read their constitution?

The more you know about Iraq, the less of a success the Republcians would have us believe.

If Iraq was a success, then why did the shoe thrower become a "national hero" with his own monument?

Why are gays being murdered (I know, Republicans don't see that as a BAD thing)?

The more you know about Iraq, the less of a success the Republcians would have us believe.

That is there country and their problem to handle. The status of women, gays being murdered, forming their own consitution, and a guy throwing a shoe at the former president are all byproducts of being an independent state being able to sort out its own problems and issues.

Its just like many countries in Europe are free to decide for themselves how they are going to be even though I might not agree with how those countries are. Its part of being a free country able to decide your own fate. Iraq, the country, has the same right to decide for itself how it is going to be because it is a part of being an idependent country.

That is there country and their problem to handle. The status of women, gays being murdered, forming their own consitution, and a guy throwing a shoe at the former president are all byproducts of being an independent state being able to sort out its own problems and issues.

Its just like many countries in Europe are free to decide for themselves how they are going to be even though I might not agree with how those countries are. Its part of being a free country able to decide your own fate. Iraq, the country, has the same right to decide for itself how it is going to be because it is a part of being an idependent country.

You fool. They were an "independent" state before. Moron. What is wrong with you people? When Saddam screws their people over it's bad, but when the government we installed does, it's "freedom"? Except for the gays and women and Christians.

Republicans are stupid and insane. What is wrong with you people? Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

And these are the people who think they can govern THIS country? No wonder they messed up so badly. They haven't a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

You fool. They were an "independent" state before. Moron. What is wrong with you people? When Saddam screws their people over it's bad, but when the government we installed does, it's "freedom"? Except for the gays and women and Christians.

Republicans are stupid and insane. What is wrong with you people? Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

And these are the people who think they can govern THIS country? No wonder they messed up so badly. They haven't a clue.

I know that their government isn't what I would want to live under myself but they still have a hell lot more choice about what kind of government they want to live under than what they had before the invasion. Why is it you seem to be upset at the infractions that happen now but were OK with the completely f'ed situation they had under a dictatorship.

I know that their government isn't what I would want to live under myself but they still have a hell lot more choice about what kind of government they want to live under than what they had before the invasion. Why is it you seem to be upset at the infractions that happen now but were OK with the completely f'ed situation they had under a dictatorship.

Sorry I was so harsh, but the terrible debacle in Iraq really gets me worked up. The deaths, the suffering.

Another thread and someone just posted the Shiites have made a "Sunni" ban as far as political candidates.

To think that there is much more freedom there is just wrong. If women can't leave home without a male relative, then, right there, half the population is captive.

Gays are being murdered. Another 3%.

The original Christian population was est to be 1.4 million, the current est is 0.4 million. Another couple of percent.

Keep adding up the percentages and how is Iraq more "free"?

Of course Republicans are going to insist they did a "good" thing. They got rid of an evil dictator. But everything that came next is worse. How could Bush not know the difference between Sunni and Shiite, or McCain? If you are going to invade a country, some things have to happen. You have to KNOW they are an immediate threat and you have to KNOW everything you can about that country. Anything else is arrogance and delusion.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/iraq/...back-to-dark-times-w-sunni-candidate-ban.html

Lawless Somalia remained the world's most corrupt country, followed by Afghanistan, Myanmar, Sudan and Iraq, Transparency International said in its annual Corruption Perception Index .

Afghanistan, Iraq Among Most Corrupt - CBS News

It's Bush's fault those people have entirely too much freedom.

If I knew how old you are, I could decide whether you're an idiot or a moron. Morons are older. Fool just doesn't cover it.

I would hate to imagine what that made you.
Your posts are consistently wrong. Your opinions are consistently stupid. Your facts are consistently shown to be untrue. Next to Chris and the late Jake Starkey youa re the dumbest poster here.

It's Bush's fault those people have entirely too much freedom.

If I knew how old you are, I could decide whether you're an idiot or a moron. Morons are older. Fool just doesn't cover it.

I would hate to imagine what that made you.
Your posts are consistently wrong. Your opinions are consistently stupid. Your facts are consistently shown to be untrue. Next to Chris and the late Jake Starkey youa re the dumbest poster here.

My posts are consistently correct. My opinions are based on facts and statistics. I post links. You just say stupid shit and anything you refuse to believe, you call a lie. Crawl back under that rock. You know how your skin peels if it's not damp.

Now take that "finger" and give yourself a "second opinion".

Forum List

Back