Obama ... We Need to Overcome Our Religious Convictions?

Religious people have no problem telling others about their whey of life. They are in yer face protagonist/propagandist that condemn people to Hell they don't even know..So if it's good enough for the geese, it's good enough fore the gander....

I can only speak for myself, I encourage people to seek God because it is my belief their eternal soul depends on it.

I don't think telling people to get over their religious convictions effects their eternal soul, and, it's also an implied taking away of freedom of religion/expression.

Time to stop letting an ancient book of myths and fairy tales run your life and join the 21st century.
.... so much for freedom of religion huh?
Say the same thing about the Koran and suddenly the bible thumpers are in agreement.

I don't think you'll hear any Christian say someone needs to get over their religious convictions.
They may say your religion is not about the true God, but everyone has a right to voice their opinions and/or beliefs.

Religious people have no problem telling others about their whey of life. They are in yer face protagonist/propagandist that condemn people to Hell they don't even know..So if it's good enough for the geese, it's good enough fore the gander....

The problem with that one, do it at your own risk. Just hope it isn't me you goosing.

The problem with that one, do it at your own risk. Just hope it isn't me you goosing.
You are a troll not a threat.

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage was announced, Obama stated that the progressives in society needs to ‘help’ those with deeply held religious beliefs overcome their convictions.

I did not listen to the speech, but have seen this here and there on the internet. Although, not on any of the major news agencies/papers (CNN,FOX, Washington Post, NY Times etc.)

What are your thoughts on his statement above? Is it misquoted?

Skip to the 6 min mark.

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage was announced, Obama stated that the progressives in society needs to ‘help’ those with deeply held religious beliefs overcome their convictions.

I did not listen to the speech, but have seen this here and there on the internet. Although, not on any of the major news agencies/papers (CNN,FOX, Washington Post, NY Times etc.)

What are your thoughts on his statement above? Is it misquoted?
He's a misguided commie POS. Never ever be surprised at the vile spewed from his mouth. The only deeply held belief that he has, is that he's "The Chosen One". He gets more pathetic with each passing day.

Looks like you need to provide the actual quote before you attack it
You read much? She asked a simple question, didn't attack anything

It's just a tactic. Imply that I'm being "attacking" so I will become "attacking" then say I started it.
It's all about mind games and manipulation - productive conversation be damned.

Shows how fucking stupid you are, like you have any idea about me.

I can only speak for myself, I encourage people to seek God because it is my belief their eternal soul depends on it.

I don't think telling people to get over their religious convictions effects their eternal soul, and, it's also an implied taking away of freedom of religion/expression.
Considering that the religious foundations have a political interest in the US I can't but help think that it is not just religion religions are about...
As far as pushing people to your God it is an injustice to assume that all humans believe the same or believe in the same God....You have yet to prove your God is the top God in the universe...

Yet here you are bitching along with all the other faith nazies

Y

Shows how fucking stupid you are, like you have any idea about me.
Your words reveal you are harmless.

Just be glad I don't like pate'..

There are many hard right social con Christians with mistaken beliefs, yes. They would best MTOB.
People can believe in God. That's called freedom.

The gays complain that religion is being shoved down their throats but in actuality it's the gays shoving their lifestyle down everyone's throat.

I'm thinking the liberals are uppity and are going too far and it may bite them in their oh so condescending asses.

What Obama said that outraged conservatives

Opposition in some cases has been based on sincere and deeply held beliefs,” Obama said. “All of us who welcome today’s news should be mindful of that fact. Recognize different viewpoints. Revere our deep commitment to religious freedom.”

Sometimes there are days like this when that slow and steady effort is rewarded with justice that arrives like a thunderbolt,” Obama said. Although the progress might have seemed slow to gay rights advocates, he added, the nation’s shift on same-sex marriage has been “so quick.”
“But today should also give us hope that on the many issues with which we grapple often painfully real change is possible,” the President continued.
“Shifts in hearts and minds is possible,” he said. “And those who have come so far on their journey to equality have a responsibility to reach back and help others join them. Because for all our differences, we are one people — stronger together than we could ever be alone.”
“That’s always been our story. We are big and vast, and diverse. A nation of people with different backgrounds and beliefs, with different experiences and stories, but bound by our shared ideal that no matter who you are, or what you look like, how you started off, or how and who you love — America’s a place where you can write your own destiny.”

Forum List

Back