Obama ... We Need to Overcome Our Religious Convictions?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage was announced, Obama stated that the progressives in society needs to ‘help’ those with deeply held religious beliefs overcome their convictions.

I did not listen to the speech, but have seen this here and there on the internet. Although, not on any of the major news agencies/papers (CNN,FOX, Washington Post, NY Times etc.)

What are your thoughts on his statement above? Is it misquoted?

Sounds like Hitler? they will overcome those jews

this is just the beginning

Looks like you need to provide the actual quote before you attack it

LOL The first time some daffy progtard attempts to "help me with my convictions" he/she will soon regret that stupid move

Obama thinks all of you should still be getting in PEOPLES faces. what a LEADER eh?

I hope a few of you do and end up with fat noses...lol

There are many hard right social con Christians with mistaken beliefs, yes. They would best MTOB.

I am inclined to believe there are a lot more words accompanying that "quote" if he ever said that at all. Google is no help.

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage was announced, Obama stated that the progressives in society needs to ‘help’ those with deeply held religious beliefs overcome their convictions.

I did not listen to the speech, but have seen this here and there on the internet. Although, not on any of the major news agencies/papers (CNN,FOX, Washington Post, NY Times etc.)

What are your thoughts on his statement above? Is it misquoted?

A religious belief is not necessarily a good belief.

Time to stop letting an ancient book of myths and fairy tales run your life and join the 21st century.

Religious people have no problem telling others about their whey of life. They are in yer face protagonist/propagandist that condemn people to Hell they don't even know..So if it's good enough for the geese, it's good enough fore the gander....

Looks like you need to provide the actual quote before you attack it

I'm too lazy to listen to the speech and can't find it on an internet search.
Plus, I wasn't attacking it.

Forum List

Back