Obama vs GOP candidate(s) a statistical dead even tie.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BOBO, Dec 26, 2011.

1. BOBO

BOBO The Magnificent!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Boy, these RCP averaging polls have been dead on so far. President Obama shows up as a STRONGLY supported president despite his economic/financial bungles/scandals & reneging on campaign promises...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - President Obama vs. Republican Candidate

Incredibly, president Obama has GAINED a point more over primary leader Mitt Romney in the last week, increasing president Obama's lead over Mitt from +1.5 to +2.5 but that's still within the margin of error... like this one is CLOSE. The problem is that Mitt can't just match president Obama... for Mitt has to beat him out to take the title. Mitt's problem is his staggering record of flip flops which are so numerous that web sites have popped up dedicated to just Mitt's flip flopping...

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops

...like nobody knows which Mitt Romney their really getting.
    The only other viable primary candidate(Gingrich is having serious problems now) is Ron Paul, at least at current. Ron's a strong contender with a record & word 2nd to none with a 101% proven Constitutional voting record. His non interventionist policy, small government agenda, maximum individual liberties platform, balanced budget & sound value based currency has made Ron an overnight sensation with the constituency, ESPECIALLY the under 35 age group who see nothing in their future but debt. Ron's problem is his staggering age. People I talk to often favor his agenda/platform but wonder if Ron will be pushing daisies before his 1st term is up. I mean it's of such a concern that folks want to know who his VP will be before they will support Ron!
    Despite president Obama's pro war mentality, world cop/nation building agenda, record debt spending & grow government attitude, he looks to be in the white house to me for another five more years. He's +2.5 OVER Romney at current & +7.7 over Ron Paul as I type...

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

...with all other primary contestants not even close. The majority of Americans say they want an end to the endless wars & debt spending, but see a hawk like president Obama as the way to go, like go figure!

2. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,468
    Yeah.....he's a hawk. Sure.

3. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

Two comments:

Are you better of today than you were 4 years ago?

Had enough?

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    there's another question....

who's the party that's screwing up everything?

oh yeah...

as for the deceptive poll in the o/p...

great... until you insert a real person into the generic repub catagory...

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

and then the only one who comes close is romney.

but nice try.

5. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    The party screwing everything is democratic. Gun running, drug smuggling and murder are just what we are able to see, what else lies within the bowels of the lowlife.

6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Me thinks that will be shelved once the real campaign kicks off because it just opens up the door for Obama to remind the country of the meltdown of 2008.

"Four years ago this country was falling apart. GDP was plummeting and we were bleeding a half a million jobs a month. Nobody knew where the bottom was. Americans were scared. Today the economy has stabilized and is growing. Unemployment is shrinking, etc."

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  7. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Oh, I'm sorry did I burst your bubble?

8. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688

My answer....NO!

my answer....Who am that? :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,768
    The Democrap party of course. They hold 2/3 of the gov. The WH and the Senate. And, it seems all they're capable of doing with that power is WHINE just as you're doing. Whine must be contagious within the demoncrap political machine. Get Vaccinated.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Four years ago we had gone through the worst melt down since the 1980s. SInce that time our debt has skyrocketed, more people are not working, and unemployment remains stubbornly high. I fucked up for 3 years despite having a filibuster proof majority in Congress. Now I'll have to work with a GOP Congress, where I've proven I can't compromise on the color of my necktie. Give me 4 more years!