Obama Using War And Deployments To Suppress Military Voting

again... no one can explain to me why, all of a sudden, military voting has become some huge issue. Military personnel have always used absentee ballots - usually even when they are stateside, because most military personnel, especially younger single ones, maintain their original state of residence for voting purposes because they plan to return there. If you're from Nebraska and you're going to welding school in Norfolk, you vote absentee. Absentee ballots are no big deal. Every command reminds their unit members every election year to send in their absentee ballot request forms and every command encourages everyone to vote. It has been that way for a long long time, and it works fine.

The point of the articles linked to in the OP is it isn't just fine.

There are plenty of complaints about the new system Obama is overseeing.

How many times do I have to fucken repeat this. What happened in the past is not an accurate assessment of this election.

Some here have already stated they don't have the money needed to do this right. Too bad, so sad.

Some say fuck em. They're pissing on our enemies. They don't deserve our consideration.

Last edited:
again... no one can explain to me why, all of a sudden, military voting has become some huge issue. Military personnel have always used absentee ballots - usually even when they are stateside, because most military personnel, especially younger single ones, maintain their original state of residence for voting purposes because they plan to return there. If you're from Nebraska and you're going to welding school in Norfolk, you vote absentee. Absentee ballots are no big deal. Every command reminds their unit members every election year to send in their absentee ballot request forms and every command encourages everyone to vote. It has been that way for a long long time, and it works fine.

How many times do I have to fucken repeat this. What happened in the past is not an accurate assessment of this election.

Some here have already stated they don't have the money needed to do this right. Too bad, so sad.

Some say fuck em. They're pissing on our enemies. They don't deserve our consideration.

again... there is no need for a "new system". Soldier, Sailors, Airmen and Marines have figured out how to request absentee ballots and how to fill them out and return them since before you or I were born.

again... there is no need for a "new system". Soldier, Sailors, Airmen and Marines have figured out how to request absentee ballots and how to fill them out and return them since before you or I were born.

First of all you don't know when I was born.

Secondly, complaints were made and changes were made to address them.

Problem is they now claim they don't have the money to implement them.

So basically we have a system that's not working and only now are we becoming aware of it.

Thousands of absentee ballots were rejected last election and the trend is the problem isn't just going away but getting worse.

Many times the military mail system falls short of doing due diligence. They forget to postmark the ballots which is grounds for rejection. Lack of signatures is another reason used. Not getting back from the field in time is another. Some naval vessels don't get mail for several weeks once they enter the Indian Ocean. FOBs are isolated and it takes extra time to get ballots to them.

Fact is you really don't know for sure if your vote was actually counted and they won't tell if it wasn't. So basically you don't know, do you?

Last edited:

So basically we have a system that's not working and only now are we becoming aware of it.

Thousands of absentee ballots were rejected last election and the trend is the problem isn't just going away but getting worse.

Many times the military mail system falls short of doing due diligence. They forget to postmark the ballots which is grounds for rejection. Lack of signatures is another reason used. Not getting back from the field in time is another. Some naval vessels don't get mail for several weeks once they enter the Indian Ocean. FOBs are isolated and it takes extra time to get ballots to them.

Fact is you really don't know for sure if your vote was actually counted and they won't tell if it wasn't. So basically you don't know, do you?

If somebody is stupid enough to not take personal initiative and request their ballot in a timely fashion, or fail to sign the damned thing, maybe their vote ought NOT to count. I always got my ballots submitted in plenty of time.

If somebody is stupid enough to not take personal initiative and request their ballot in a timely fashion, or fail to sign the damned thing, maybe their vote ought NOT to count. I always got my ballots submitted in plenty of time.

Yeah.....fuk em.

Soldiers are stupid. Civilians are stupid too, but you can bet even if they are practically brain-dead or don't even speak English the Dems will make sure their vote counts.

The troops can go pack sand.

I get you.

Oh and if the mail clerk fucks up then it's tough shit.
no kidding. and that definitely is all part of the democrat's evil plan, ain't it?

if the postal clerk fucks up and leave's the mailbag with your Mom's chocolate chip cookies in it out on the flight deck and the cookies all melt, that's tough shit too. That's probably Obama's fault as well.

Last edited:

Yeah.....fuk em.

Soldiers are stupid. Civilians are stupid too, but you can bet even if they are practically brain-dead or don't even speak English the Dems will make sure their vote counts.

I get you.

I don't know if soldiers are stupid or not. I know sailors aren't. I know that, when we deployed, we did everything in our power to make sure that all the crew had all their absentee ballot request forms and had them submitted before we singled up. The Army? who the hell knows?

There are plenty of complaints

Show them

about the new system Obama is overseeing.

New? Really?

One does NOT need more money to order and fill out absentee ballots. But one DOES need the motivation to go request one, fill it out correctly, sign it, and send it off on time. Is that your problem with this system?

Yeah.....fuk em.

I get you.

^early stages of hysterical panic on Muddie's part.

Lone, everyone with half a brain knows the real voter problem is the voter I'd laws, this is the standard rw switch and bait to bring the heat off them selves.

Explain why black folks need a picture I.D. to get in to strip clubs, buy cigs, attended the DNC or any Democrat event, even to buy Obama's mugs and T-shirts, but they can't be forced to produce one to assure they aren't breaking election laws?

They needed to show photo ID at three separate check points to get into the Democratic Convention last week. (It was speculated that the Democrats were suppressing their own delegates. :))

As for military vote suppression it seems to depend on who you ask. Go to Breitbart, Newsmax, WND, and other conservative sites, and they all say yes. Go to the more liberal leaning sites and they all say no.

I have contact with a number of active duty personnel over there though and will advise if any report problems with being able to vote.

Oh and if the mail clerk fucks up then it's tough shit.
no kidding. and that definitely is all part of the democrat's evil plan, ain't it?

if the postal clerk fucks up and leave's the mailbag with your Mom's chocolate chip cookies in it out on the flight deck and the cookies all melt, that's tough shit too. That's probably Obama's fault as well.

No......forgetting to put the postmark on the ballot is being used as an excuse to reject military ballots by Democrats.

Yet they have no problem with 20 people from out of state sending in for absentee ballots at one address. ACORN and other community action groups were notorious for that. They all seemed to be Democrat voters.

Or how about voting more than once. Vote early. Vote often. The university of Michigan was allowed to have their own polling places.....and students sometimes voted 10 times or more.

This is why they're fighting the picture I.D. requirements. Absentee ballots go around this. But any irregularities by military ballots and the Democrats are all over it like a cheap suit trying to stop them from being counted.

Forum List

Back