Obama Using War And Deployments To Suppress Military Voting

260310.jpg

What's the best way to assure that the strongest supporters for your opposition don't vote for him?

Just make sure he or she never gets a chance to vote. This is what Obama is doing inside the Pentagon. He's making sure that new laws assuring that soldiers will have a chance to vote in the upcoming election aren't implemented.

No he isn't. A report came out and said that the program doesn't have enough money to implement the things that the bill required (despite already getting $75 million). Who controls the purse-strings?

He is also suing the state of Ohio in an attempt to take away military voting rights. Obama campaign sues to restrict military voting in Ohio - Cincinnati veterans issues | Examiner.com

No, he didn't. He sued to have the early voting rights RESTORED for ALL Ohioans, not restrict them for military.

While troops register to vote with their home states, Congress in 2009 passed the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act to help smooth the process. Defense Department figures show that while 77 percent of active duty military members were registered to vote in 2010, 29 percent reported that they never received the absentee ballots that they had requested, which was an increase from 16 percent in 2008, before the law meant to protect the military vote was even enacted. "It was supposed to make it easier for service members to register, request an absentee ballot and ultimately participate," Eversole notes. "With these low numbers, it raises serious questions ... whether that important federal law was actually implemented." Group warns of 'bleak' military voter participation despite Pentagon efforts | Fox News

lrs_120905-D-NI589-016c.jpg

.....Under laws passed in 2009, the Pentagon is supposed to have voting assistance offices for military members on each and every one of its bases. But an inspector general's review during this year's election cycle found more than half of those offices were completely unreachable.

The Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act included several provisions designed to improve voter participation by military members and civilians living overseas.

One of the biggest was to require DoD to set up full-time voter assistance offices on each of its bases around the world, except for those in war zones. DoD trying to fix holes in the military voter assistance program - FederalNewsRadio.com

A bill introduced and passed in the Nancy Pelosi Congress by a Democrat and signed into law by Democrats is not currently properly being funded by Congress (even though the program has gotten $75 million over the last three years) and you're trying to say that the Democrats are trying to suppress the military vote? Really?

The Defense Department's Inspector General himself has said that these satellite offices are unnecessary.

You're spinning.

The lawsuit was about discrimination. The military getting voting rights the rest of Ohioens don't have. A sneaky way of trying to screw the military. Most early voting ends on Friday before the first Tuesday in November. Obama said it wasn't fair soldiers got the extra time to vote.

Nonsense. They need the extra time because of their situation. I.E. Being deployed overseas.

And $75 million for the entire military?

Come on. Maybe if they stopped partying and taking trips to Hawaii and Columbia, or throwing cash down a Solyndra rat-hole they'd find the money to take care of our troops. But we can see where their fucken priorities lie, don't we.

Lone, everyone with half a brain knows the real voter problem is the voter I'd laws, this is the standard rw switch and bait to bring the heat off them selves.

Explain why black folks need a picture I.D. to get in to strip clubs, buy cigs, attended the DNC or any Democrat event, even to buy Obama's mugs and T-shirts, but they can't be forced to produce one to assure they aren't breaking election laws?

because all of what you mentioned are not rights, voting is a RIGHT, simple people like should be able to follow this mud.

You don't have the right to break election laws.

And this is one right you can lose.

Last edited:
That is the WHOLE problem, those LAWS, as in the CONSERTIVE Jim crowe south, where LAWS that took away rights, hence should not have been laws in the first place, also shouldnt we want more people to vote? lets take a look at why one party would want to draft up voter ID laws that are being deemed unconstutional in pretty much every state they where drafted. hmmmm and then you have the gaw to talk about voter suppression of military people? what a joke.

260310.jpg

What's the best way to assure that the strongest supporters for your opposition don't vote for him?

Just make sure he or she never gets a chance to vote. This is what Obama is doing inside the Pentagon. He's making sure that new laws assuring that soldiers will have a chance to vote in the upcoming election aren't implemented.

No he isn't. A report came out and said that the program doesn't have enough money to implement the things that the bill required (despite already getting $75 million). Who controls the purse-strings?

No, he didn't. He sued to have the early voting rights RESTORED for ALL Ohioans, not restrict them for military.

While troops register to vote with their home states, Congress in 2009 passed the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act to help smooth the process. Defense Department figures show that while 77 percent of active duty military members were registered to vote in 2010, 29 percent reported that they never received the absentee ballots that they had requested, which was an increase from 16 percent in 2008, before the law meant to protect the military vote was even enacted. "It was supposed to make it easier for service members to register, request an absentee ballot and ultimately participate," Eversole notes. "With these low numbers, it raises serious questions ... whether that important federal law was actually implemented." Group warns of 'bleak' military voter participation despite Pentagon efforts | Fox News

.....Under laws passed in 2009, the Pentagon is supposed to have voting assistance offices for military members on each and every one of its bases. But an inspector general's review during this year's election cycle found more than half of those offices were completely unreachable.

The Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act included several provisions designed to improve voter participation by military members and civilians living overseas.

One of the biggest was to require DoD to set up full-time voter assistance offices on each of its bases around the world, except for those in war zones. DoD trying to fix holes in the military voter assistance program - FederalNewsRadio.com

A bill introduced and passed in the Nancy Pelosi Congress by a Democrat and signed into law by Democrats is not currently properly being funded by Congress (even though the program has gotten $75 million over the last three years) and you're trying to say that the Democrats are trying to suppress the military vote? Really?

The Defense Department's Inspector General himself has said that these satellite offices are unnecessary.

You're spinning.

The lawsuit was about discrimination. The military getting voting rights the rest of Ohioens don't have. A sneaky way of trying to screw the military. Most early voting ends on Friday before the first Tuesday in November. Obama said it wasn't fair soldiers got the extra time to vote.

Nonsense. They need the extra time because of their situation. I.E. Being deployed overseas.

Come on. Maybe if they stopped partying and taking trips to Hawaii and Columbia, or throwing cash down a Solyndra rat-hole they'd find the money to take care of our troops. But we can see where their fucken priorities lie, don't we.

No, I'm presenting the facts. The FACT is that Ohio tried to reduce early voting for all except the military...who already vote, BY LAW, 45 days before the election. The DOJ sued (and won) to have that early voting restored for ALL Ohio voters, not JUST the military.

If you think that $75 million should be increased, who could you possibly write a letter to? Hmmmmmm.....

and unless you are a felon, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE, but yet in some states a photo ID student ID is not enough, but a NO PHOTO NRA card is, shit is messed up.

No one expects any of you Zombie leftists to tell the truth when it comes to Obama so your opinion doesn't mean shit, ESPECIALLY concerning matters with the military. That SLUG Strolling Bones is indicitive of the disrespect LIBRULS have for the military.. It shouldn't surprise anyone.. Hell, you slimeballs Boo'd and kicked God out of your party..

how funny.....what does 9/11 have to do with the military...go on i am waiting?

for your information i have no hate of the military ....i simply dont put before on a pedestal due to their jobs

Where in my post did I equate 9-11 with the military specifically? I didn't.. but I will do so now. It was and our military who SACRIFICED their very lives to avenge the deaths of America and Americans. It is and was our military who left beloved family and traveled to God-forsaken lands standing watch so that your pathetic ass could live freely! 9--11 saw the sign up of THOUSANDS of men and women wanting to serve their nation.. They're called HEROES because they earned it. You get that? Do I need to spell it out to you?!

260310.jpg

He is also suing the state of Ohio in an attempt to take away military voting rights. Obama campaign sues to restrict military voting in Ohio - Cincinnati veterans issues | Examiner.com

How odd...not only does each base have a Voting Officer (a collaterial duty), but each command within each base has one (again a collaterial duty). It IS a collaterial duty...if one is fighting all the time, I can understand not being available, 24/7.....can you?

absentee ballots
You do realize how hard it is to do that in a fox hole right.. To get the ballot and fill it out in time for the election.. This should not be that hard to set up a voting spot in war zones. Just saying.. These are the people who are fighting our freedom to vote they should be able to vote in the easiest way ..

OMG! It was NEVER the purpose of the law to set up voting BOOTHS in the fields. The law required voting ASSISTANCE offices at all bases...something the Defense Department Inspector General says in unnecessary and a waste of money.

IG: Drop Mandatory Base Voter Assistance Offices

I spent 2 hours of my day yesterday responding to and reaching out to overseas and military voters in my county, trying to ensure they are properly registered...so we can send them their ballots THIS WEEK.

This week may be too late. In some places it took a full month for me to get mail. The troops need to be voting weeks in advance so they can get them back toi their states in time to be counted, a minimum of 60 days.

And when they come in it seemed like one reason or another was brought up to reject them by Democrats. The last election it was over not being received on time and signatures being missing. Yet Democraps still wanted to accept ballots from dead people and folks like Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:

You're spinning.

No, I'm presenting the facts. The FACT is that Ohio tried to reduce early voting for all except the military...who already vote, BY LAW, 45 days before the election. The DOJ sued (and won) to have that early voting restored for ALL Ohio voters, not JUST the military.

If you think that $75 million should be increased, who could you possibly write a letter to? Hmmmmmm.....

how can they complain about something not being funded, these people are the NO NEW TAXES and gut every program people, but then they comlain when shit is not funded, hmmmm

You do realize how hard it is to do that in a fox hole right.. To get the ballot and fill it out in time for the election.. This should not be that hard to set up a voting spot in war zones. Just saying.. These are the people who are fighting our freedom to vote they should be able to vote in the easiest way ..

lets see they have time to piss on bodies and take pics of it....i am pretty sure they can manage the mail

now you want a voting booth in a war zone? you think that might attract attention

its much to do about nothing

It is to do about something.. They are not being ALLOWED to vote.. And you are very disrespectful to our military PERIOD.

Bullshit...all it takes is a visit to the command's voting officer for an absentee ballot. But the command voting officer is a collaterial duty and they may not be available 24/7.

Now...how about those percentages of military voting Republican vs. voting Democratic.

No one expects any of you Zombie leftists to tell the truth when it comes to Obama so your opinion doesn't mean shit, ESPECIALLY concerning matters with the military. That SLUG Strolling Bones is indicitive of the disrespect LIBRULS have for the military.. It shouldn't surprise anyone.. Hell, you slimeballs Boo'd and kicked God out of your party..

for your information i have no hate of the military ....i simply dont put before on a pedestal due to their jobs

Where in my post did I equate 9-11 with the military specifically? I didn't.. but I will do so now. It was and our military who SACRIFICED their very lives to avenge the deaths of America and Americans. It is and was our military who left beloved family and traveled to God-forsaken lands standing watch so that your pathetic ass could live freely! 9--11 saw the sign up of THOUSANDS of men and women wanting to serve their nation.. They're called HEROES because they earned it. You get that? Do I need to spell it out to you?!

you were the one saying 'esp concerning the military' blah blah fucking blah

9/11 the day had nothing to do with the military...the influx of soldiers ....an all volunteer army....they should only be called heroes when they earn it.....i dont see the military as all saint or all sinners...merely people like everyone else...you do know that the military has felons and rapists...are they heroes due to their job?

get a grip on your fake ass patriotism...go salute your flag made in china

How odd...do you have respect for us "LIBRULS" that were and are IN the military? Somehow, I suspect not.

9/11 the day had nothing to do with the military...the influx of soldiers ....an all volunteer army....they should only be called heroes when they earn it.....i dont see the military as all saint or all sinners...merely people like everyone else...you do know that the military has felons and rapists...are they heroes due to their job?

I wish I could rep you again.

OMG! It was NEVER the purpose of the law to set up voting BOOTHS in the fields. The law required voting ASSISTANCE offices at all bases...something the Defense Department Inspector General says in unnecessary and a waste of money.

I spent 2 hours of my day yesterday responding to and reaching out to overseas and military voters in my county, trying to ensure they are properly registered...so we can send them their ballots THIS WEEK.

This week may be too late. In some places it took a full month for me to get mail. The troops need to be voting weeks in advance so they can get them back toi their states in time to be counted. And when they come in it seemed like one reason or another was brought up to reject them by Democrats. The last election it was over not being received on time and signatures being missing. Yet Democraps still wanted to accept ballots from dead people and folks like Mickey Mouse.

oh wait you mean like in 2000, where the repubs stole the election in FLA, where they chose not to count 8 million votes from inner cities, and then they stopped the count once it was clear gore was getting a TON of votes, just to happens bushes brother was gov. and the state judge who stopped the count ended up being appointed to bushes personal law team AND the margin of error in fla is 3.5 and EVERY counts happened to be at 3.4 which meant NO recount AND the company that handled counting was fined and some people jailed becuase they ended up shredding the voting records( there was a doc. about this made by blackbox a NON partsian company)

absentee ballots

Lovebear seems confused on how Voting Officers do things.

I wish I could rep you again.

Gotcha covered.

The opinion of some old hag who lives to munch liberal talking points doesn't mean shit to me.. You're a joke.. I've slapped you down too many times to count. If you had a brain you would be dangerous. You're a simpleton.. a single celled amoeba with a fat mouth. Nothing more, nothing less.

Forum List

Back