Obama Using War And Deployments To Suppress Military Voting

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
260310.jpg

What's the best way to assure that the strongest supporters for your opposition don't vote for him?

Just make sure he or she never gets a chance to vote. This is what Obama is doing inside the Pentagon. He's making sure that new laws assuring that soldiers will have a chance to vote in the upcoming election aren't implemented.

He is also suing the state of Ohio in an attempt to take away military voting rights. Obama campaign sues to restrict military voting in Ohio - Cincinnati veterans issues | Examiner.com

While troops register to vote with their home states, Congress in 2009 passed the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act to help smooth the process. Defense Department figures show that while 77 percent of active duty military members were registered to vote in 2010, 29 percent reported that they never received the absentee ballots that they had requested, which was an increase from 16 percent in 2008, before the law meant to protect the military vote was even enacted. "It was supposed to make it easier for service members to register, request an absentee ballot and ultimately participate," Eversole notes. "With these low numbers, it raises serious questions ... whether that important federal law was actually implemented." Group warns of 'bleak' military voter participation despite Pentagon efforts | Fox News

lrs_120905-D-NI589-016c.jpg

.....Under laws passed in 2009, the Pentagon is supposed to have voting assistance offices for military members on each and every one of its bases. But an inspector general's review during this year's election cycle found more than half of those offices were completely unreachable.

The Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act included several provisions designed to improve voter participation by military members and civilians living overseas.

One of the biggest was to require DoD to set up full-time voter assistance offices on each of its bases around the world, except for those in war zones. DoD trying to fix holes in the military voter assistance program - FederalNewsRadio.com

absentee ballots
You do realize how hard it is to do that in a fox hole right.. To get the ballot and fill it out in time for the election.. This should not be that hard to set up a voting spot in war zones. Just saying.. These are the people who are fighting our freedom to vote they should be able to vote in the easiest way ..

absentee ballots
You do realize how hard it is to do that in a fox hole right.. To get the ballot and fill it out in time for the election.. This should not be that hard to set up a voting spot in war zones. Just saying.. These are the people who are fighting our freedom to vote they should be able to vote in the easiest way ..

lets see they have time to piss on bodies and take pics of it....i am pretty sure they can manage the mail

now you want a voting booth in a war zone? you think that might attract attention

its much to do about nothing

absentee ballots

lets see they have time to piss on bodies and take pics of it....i am pretty sure they can manage the mail

now you want a voting booth in a war zone? you think that might attract attention

It is to do about something.. They are not being ALLOWED to vote.. And you are very disrespectful to our military PERIOD.

absentee ballots

I remember my days as a soldier.

We wake up
Do PT
Get some breakfast
Piss on a dead soldier

Well, you know the rest.

I was deployed overseas for well over half of the elections held while I was in the service. And since my home of record at that time was Illinois, absentee ballots were my only method of voting even when I wasn't out of CONUS. It was simple and quick and the ships I was on all had the forms to fill out to send in to request the ballots in a timely fashion. I quite frankly don't see what the big deal is.

absentee ballots

you do realize that none of our deployed troops actually live full time in fox holes, right? :lol:

why should the military get more respect on 9/11 than any other day there lovebear

were the people killed in 9/11 military ..explain your poor fucking logic

this is to address your remarks in the rep

I was deployed overseas for well over half of the elections held while I was in the service. And since my home of record at that time was Illinois, absentee ballots were my only method of voting even when I wasn't out of CONUS. It was simple and quick and the ships I was on all had the forms to fill out to send in to request the ballots in a timely fashion. I quite frankly don't see what the big deal is.

What I'm trying to get across to you folks is Obama has changed all of that.

He's trying to sue states to keep them from making it easier for soldiers to vote and the new laws that were put in place by the Democrat controlled congress haven't been put into place.

Soldiers are going to find it harder to have their ballots counted. They won't even know that they weren't counted. Their absentee ballots will be ether rejected because they weren't signed or they didn't get it in in time. You won't be told when this happens.

Some never received ballots at all.

260310.jpg

What's the best way to assure that the strongest supporters for your opposition don't vote for him?

Just make sure he or she never gets a chance to vote. This is what Obama is doing inside the Pentagon. He's making sure that new laws assuring that soldiers will have a chance to vote in the upcoming election aren't implemented.

He is also suing the state of Ohio in an attempt to take away military voting rights. Obama campaign sues to restrict military voting in Ohio - Cincinnati veterans issues | Examiner.com

While troops register to vote with their home states, Congress in 2009 passed the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act to help smooth the process. Defense Department figures show that while 77 percent of active duty military members were registered to vote in 2010, 29 percent reported that they never received the absentee ballots that they had requested, which was an increase from 16 percent in 2008, before the law meant to protect the military vote was even enacted. "It was supposed to make it easier for service members to register, request an absentee ballot and ultimately participate," Eversole notes. "With these low numbers, it raises serious questions ... whether that important federal law was actually implemented." Group warns of 'bleak' military voter participation despite Pentagon efforts | Fox News

lrs_120905-D-NI589-016c.jpg

.....Under laws passed in 2009, the Pentagon is supposed to have voting assistance offices for military members on each and every one of its bases. But an inspector general's review during this year's election cycle found more than half of those offices were completely unreachable.

The Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act included several provisions designed to improve voter participation by military members and civilians living overseas.

One of the biggest was to require DoD to set up full-time voter assistance offices on each of its bases around the world, except for those in war zones. DoD trying to fix holes in the military voter assistance program - FederalNewsRadio.com

Old news is old.

Ohio Early Voting Ruling: Court Orders State To Restore 3 Days Of Voting Before Election Day

A federal judge sided with the Obama campaign and ruled Friday to order Ohio to restore three days of early voting before Election Day, a decision that could affect the outcome of the 2012 election in a key battleground state.

Judge Peter C. Economus of the Southern District Court of Ohio granted an injunction in favor of Obama For America, the Democratic National Committee and the Ohio Democratic Party, which sued Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted to restore in-person voting in the last weekend before the election.

"On balance, the right of Ohio voters to vote in person during the last three days prior to Election Day -- a right previously conferred to all voters by the State -- outweighs the State's interest in setting the 6 p.m. Friday deadline," ruled the court. "The burden on Ohio voters' right to participate in the national and statewide election is great, as evidenced by the statistical analysis offered by Plaintiffs and not disputed by Defendants. Moreover, the State fails to articulate a precise, compelling interest in establishing the 6 p.m. Friday deadline as applied to non-UOCAVA [Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act] voters and has failed to evidence any commitment to the 'exception' it rhetorically extended to UOCAVA voters."

The dispute over military voting spilled into the presidential campaign earlier this month, when the Mitt Romney campaign falsely accused the Obama campaign of trying to curtail rights for military voters, characterizing the lawsuit as an "outrage" and an effort to deprive military voters of extra days to vote.

The Obama campaign lawsuit seeks to expand the voting period for all voters, not to deprive military voters of that opportunity. The judge sided with the Obama camp, calling the early voting restrictions "arbitrary."

Ohio Early Voting Ruling: Court Orders State To Restore 3 Days Of Voting Before Election Day

The suit was to allow early voting for EVERYONE not to deny the military early voting, you dumb fuck, and the Obama campaign won.

absentee ballots

you do realize that none of our deployed troops actually live full time in fox holes, right? :lol:

Yes they do.

And they have a pile of dead enemy soldiers for them to piss on at all times too.

New Topics

Forum List

Back