Obama to seek congress approval

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!
Ya completely ignore the fact he threatened to not ask for permission and threatened an INVASION with troops. You people simply amaze me on how you can twist and turn and spin failure.

Al Qaeda now has state sponsorship again, this time its from Obama and the USA

They were created by Reagan and the GOP, gotta love em'! :eusa_hand:

History Grade: F.

I see you as a solid Democratic voter

You never even made it past the 3rd grade, and your stupidity is astounding.

I see you as a solid Republican voter.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

looks like he is backpedaling.

GOOD

Looks like he's listening and thinking, something all leaders ought to do. I sure wish George W. Bush had backpedaled, and so do thousands of American and Iraqi families.

Bush ASKED for approval BEFORE he declared he would do it alone if he had to. He went to Congress FIRST. And they said YES. he went to our allies and they for the most part said yes.

Obama declared he would invade and stated he would not ask Congress since they would turn him down. he then went to our allies and they said no as well.

This is nothing more then him facing the music for his own failures.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!
Ya completely ignore the fact he threatened to not ask for permission and threatened an INVASION with troops. You people simply amaze me on how you can twist and turn and spin failure.
And backtracked a day or two ago and said 'NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND', and NOW to" 'I'll consult with Congress...and forget the U.N. for they are paralyzed..."

Margin call...the world is calling his bluster and bluff.

looks like he is backpedaling.

GOOD

Looks like he's listening and thinking, something all leaders ought to do. I sure wish George W. Bush had backpedaled, and so do thousands of American and Iraqi families.

Bush ASKED for approval BEFORE he declared he would do it alone if he had to. He went to Congress FIRST. And they said YES. he went to our allies and they for the most part said yes.

Obama declared he would invade and stated he would not ask Congress since they would turn him down. he then went to our allies and they said no as well.

W lied to congress to get approval for Iraq which is needed for invasions, and no, NATO did not approve of the invasion. W and co. held their middle fingers up and invaded anyway.

Lobbing missiles into a county as a support role does not need congress' approval.

Obama is going up and beyond the call that he doesn't need to do per the constitution, to pander to the crybaby republicans, who are going to approve it anyway.

Last edited:
If we are going to attack Syria, we should do it as a united country.

if the country doesn't support this action, we shouldnt be doing it.

Obama has done the right thing.

ONLY after everyone threatened him if he went ahead with his STATED plan to invade even without Congressional authority and even if alone with no allies. Selective memory you liberals have.

Obama acted as a president with nothing but the good of the country at heart. He deserves credit for that. He should listen to Rand Paul more often.

Sure, it was politically expedient, but that's part of holding the office, too.

This sets up an interesting congressional battle between the libertarian and neocon wings of the Republican Party.

I am beginning to have hope.

You think the dems are going to vote for bombs in lock step?

Getting the USA involved in an illegal war is treason. If congress authorizes the invasion of Syria then they are all traitors because they are putting the citizens of the USA at risk when there is no US interests involved. we have no business in syria's civil war. Why should we get into it while the rest of the world sits back and laughs at our foolishness.

The UK got it right, so did the Russians.

we do not need a false flag war with the russians in syria.

great a false flag retard.
Look he gets congresses approval that is not treason, but you knew this.
go back to Alex jones fruitcake.

try to pay attention. I said that congress would be engaging in treason if it authorized the invasion of another nation when there was no threat to the USA.

What would we do if Iran or Russia invaded Israel? What names would we call them?

Read the Constitution. Congress has the authority to declare war or authorize the use of force. Nothing treasonous about it. It might be stupid but not illegal or treasonous.

History Grade: F.

I see you as a solid Democratic voter

You never even made it past the 3rd grade, and your stupidity is astounding.

I see you as a solid Republican voter.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Mujaheddin were fighting against your home team the USSR

You get a Double F

Reagan became BFF with your homeboys the muslim extremists giving them weapons, military training, and even invited them to the white house.

You get a triple F, plus a dunce cap.

The reactionaries will find fault in this, too.

W lied to congress to get approval for Iraq which is needed for invasions, and no, NATO did not approve of the invasion. W and co. held their middle fingers up and invaded anyway.

Lobbing missiles into a county as a support role does not need congress' approval.

Obama is going up and beyond the call that he doesn't need to do per the constitution, to pander to the crybaby republicans, who are going to approve it anyway.

3 Congressional investigations all found no one lied to Congress about Iraq. And numerous news reporters investigating failed to find any lies either. Another stale tired lie by the left. When all else fails lie your ass off and hope some of it sticks.

I seemed to have missed the part about the whole threatening to invade Syria with troops part. I thought it was about targeting some assets with cruise missils and perhaps some air stikes. It would make a huge difference in my thinking if an invasion by troops were part of the plan. Could you kindly show us a link or clue us in as to where we might find one.

Forum List

Back