Obama to seek congress approval

wow some nice spinning going on in here.

Yes, there is. Check out this strawman.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

The next post will not be your backing up your ridiculous claim because no one is criticizing him for going to congress. Some of us are criticizing him for wanting to go into Syria. But no one is saying what you said they are. No one.

OK, lets think this through

we lob some cruise missiles into Syria, we kill a few hundred civilians and blow up some warehouses

the syrians lobs some missiles into Israel

the Israelis lob some missiles into syria

iran shoots some missiles into israel.

russia supports syria and iran

israel asks for our help under our treaties with them

In about two weeks the entire mid east is on fire, we and the russians have the Med full of ships and subs with nukes.

All because obozo made a stupid comment about a red line and had to save face.

Are we that fucking stupid?

Yep, without doubt.

If a repugnant was in charged , the warmongers would have been demanding that the Syrians be shocked and awed.

Last edited:
Does he realize Congress is not going to vote to fight for Al Qaeda?

I think he does.

He caved upon the pressure of no support for this war.

Agreed. He has his way out now. Let Congress take the initiative and vote it either up or down.

This is the only time Barry ever gives a hoot about Congress - when he can use them as the "fall guy".

pelosi-assad.jpg

Wonder how Nancy will vote?

Hillary is a big Assad supporter. She called him a reformer.

I don't care about popular opinion.

Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. It breaks every global convention on the matter. We have the means to make it a lot more difficult for him to kill his people en masse while letting Syrians determine their own future.
none of our business. others can interfere if they wish

The strikes in Libya worked. They allowed for Libyans to knock Gaddafi off and begin to go down the road of their own self-determination.
And look how WE did benefit from that. Oh, wait... :lol:
If Ronald Reagan were President, he would've taken Assad out like the day before yesterday and Republicans would call him a hero. Reagan was very clear when it came to chemical and nuclear weapons use. It was one of his signature policies in his legacy, the determent of such weapons.
He is not Ronald Reagan. Period.
This is a moment we can do something positive. On top of that, it would show that you can't just poison your people and expect to get away with it.

I respect Obama for being one of the only Americans right now who isn't such a great big pussy on this very black and white issue. Looks like he's going to respect what the Congress says, which is too bad, because Congress sucks. They have a 9% approval rating. They can't agree on the day of the week. This is a clear issue involving the moral authority of the global community against those who would massacre their people and with non-conventional weapons.

Take this motherfucker's capabilities out, and now.

did you enlist for the combat service yet? If not, STFU, infantile keyboard warrior

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

I wonder how many polls he looked at before coming to the right decision

Gee, I've only read about two dozen of this same comment from other Obama detractors. Do you have anything original or substantive to offer?

OK, lets think this through

we lob some cruise missiles into Syria, we kill a few hundred civilians and blow up some warehouses

the syrians lobs some missiles into Israel

the Israelis lob some missiles into syria

iran shoots some missiles into israel.

russia supports syria and iran

israel asks for our help under our treaties with them

In about two weeks the entire mid east is on fire, we and the russians have the Med full of ships and subs with nukes.

All because obozo made a stupid comment about a red line and had to save face.

Are we that fucking stupid?

Yep, without doubt.

If a repugnant was in charged , the warmongers would have been demanding that the Syrians be shock and awed.

totally wrong, grow up. McCain and Graham are the only idiots demanding war. Oh, and Kerry and Pelosi and Biden--------what a bunch of hypocrites.

thanks Obumble......the Syrians are already claiming victory....and Iran is grinning....

now after 5 years of ignoring Congress......you run to them.....but only to drop off your bungling mess.....

when the going gets tough.....pass it off.....:rolleyes:

I wonder how many polls he looked at before coming to the right decision

who gives a shit? least he did and just didnt go head first into it.

you people need to attack regardless. How pathetic.

What do you expect? I mean seriously, this President is a blithe to our nation and has acted like a bull in a china shop. Yes. I loathe him for what he has done

no he hasn't, but don't stop being all dramatic with your lies.

Today's decision to let Congress decide what to do about Syria is probably correct...but that doesn't mean Obama made it because he loves the democratic process.

He made it because Bush wasn't around to blame for this new mess. He needed a new patsy, so congress gets to clean it up...and take the blame.

He made it because at heart he is a Chamberlain...and no Chamberlain can ever become a Churchill.

Putin and the ayatollahs are going to have a big time pushing Obama off the world stage.

Gee, do you believe this thread contributes anything to the discussion? I've read about two dozen of this and similar comments, all from well known Obama detractors. To bad the President didn't ignore the world and give a speech claiming, "I'm the decider" and then bomb Syria, later he could declare victory and send our military into harms way.

On Memorial Day Weekend fewer people are paying attention. That would be my guess. He has track record of doing nefarious things on holidays or other times people aren't paying attention.

Forum List

Back