Obama to seek congress approval

This is certainly a step in the right direction; but the pessimist in me can't help but feel that the stage has now been set for yet another attempt at reshaping public opinion 9/11 style.

Eyes open.

What I fear is puffing our chest out and then retreating = nations like Russia and China are going to take our place on the world stage. That makes a world war(a huge war) much more likely.

No we shouldn't side with the terrorist but we look pretty sad as of this moment.

Today's decision to let Congress decide what to do about Syria is probably correct...but that doesn't mean Obama made it because he loves the democratic process.

He made it because Bush wasn't around to blame for this new mess. He needed a new patsy, so congress gets to clean it up...and take the blame.

He made it because at heart he is a Chamberlain...and no Chamberlain can ever become a Churchill.

Putin and the ayatollahs are going to have a big time pushing Obama off the world stage.

Gee, do you believe this thread contributes anything to the discussion? I've read about two dozen of this and similar comments, all from well known Obama detractors. To bad the President didn't ignore the world and give a speech claiming, "I'm the decider" and then bomb Syria, later he could declare victory and send our military into harms way.

today's announcement to go to Congress only showcases what a quisling politician he is.....

if he had really valued Congressional input he would have called a session long ago...

and btw....it doesn't matter if Congress is on vacation or not.....a President has the authority to call an emergency session at any time...

This is certainly a step in the right direction; but the pessimist in me can't help but feel that the stage has now been set for yet another attempt at reshaping public opinion 9/11 style.

Eyes open.

Yeah, Not beyond Obama to launch a False Flag on US soil

What I fear is puffing our chest out and then retreating = nations like Russia and China are going to take our place on the world stage. That makes a world war(a huge war) much more likely.

No we shouldn't side with the terrorist but we look pretty sad as of this moment.

agreed.....this is a new low...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - "President Barack Obama on Saturday backed away from an imminent military strike against Syria to seek the approval of the U.S. Congress, in a decision that likely delays U.S. action for at least 10 days.Obama, in a statement from the White House Rose Garden, said he had authorized the use of military force to punish Syria for a chemical weapons attack August 21 that U.S. officials say killed 1,429 people. Military assets to carry out a strike are in place and ready to move on his order, he said.But in an acknowledgement of protests from U.S. lawmakers and concerns from war-weary Americans, Obama added an important caveat: he wants Congress to approve.Congress is currently in recess and not scheduled to return to work until September 9. " Obama backs off imminent military action against Syria. Now, this is great news, plenty of time for the 80% of Americans who oppose a military strike/war against Syria to make our feelings known to our Congressmen .

All republicans have to do is vote no across the board and this entire shut-war in Syria is owned - lock stock and barrel - by the Libberhoids and Black Jimmy

What a dilemma for these chumps

LOL

Why did he choose to issue his statement today ? What was the rush? Couldn't he have waited at least until the UN issued their report ? He just gave Syria his word that he would not attack them until at least Congress meets. Why did he give them this time to prepare and maneuver ? They could have been left sitting on pins and needles. Any ideas ?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it.

The anxiety of an imminent attack, staying on high alert for days on end...hell, shoot some dummy rounds that land in the water!

Forcing Assad to divide his attention.

That would have been perhaps better than an actual attack.

Even when making the correct decision (after trying everything else) President Obama finds a way to screw it up.

My opinion?

He saw the polls, and being the Campaigner-in-Chief instead of the Commander-in-Chief, he needed to get the word out to American's before HIS poll numbers started dropping.

Last edited:
I think this was planned...just another way to show we have become weak (we better pray for ourselves and the country) and to humiliate us all at the same time...

transformation isn't pretty is it??

I almost fell off the chaiir watching obumble turn John Kerry into his court jester.

I always loved Kerry in this scene.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9f2rnjB84]The Pellet with the Poison's in the Vessel with the Pestle - The Court (7/9) Movie CLIP (1956) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back