Obama to Republicans: "So sue me."

Threatening to sue Obama was a political gift just one step short of impeachment.

It gives Obama and the Dems leverage going into the midterm elections. Just ask the voters if they prefer that their congressional representatives do the job they were elected for or just sit on their asses and do nothing instead?

This is America and when you are given a job you are expected to perform and deliver results.

If the right wants to hold Obama accountable for not getting anything done then suing him for actually getting things done makes no sense. But it does make sense for Obama to use that lawsuit to draw a clear distinction between himself and the GOP. In essence it is the perfect political ploy to exploit going into a midterm election where the focus is on Congress.

And let's not forget that this message will resonate with women voters who have just been smacked down by the recent regressive SCOTUS decisions. The Dems can generate enthusiasm amongst women voters and enthusiasm amongst the base based on the ludicrous lawsuit.

From a Dem POV these are political win-win issues when it comes to November. Whether they will carry the day remains to be seen but I will be surprised if it doesn't at least hold down the GOP gains to less than they would otherwise have been.

I think we can expect more of this. The POTUS has a pretty good sense of timing. The November elections, if Obama has anything to say about them, will be a referendum on the do nothing Congress. Will the disdain for the incompetent GOP be enough to overcome the gerrymandered districts?

Maybe not this time, but with the dramatically changing demographics, the gerrymandering if going to be a needless exercise soon. Even dark red Texas is turning purple.

Obama sounded like such a snotty punk. :lol: When I heard the clip about Congress "doing stuff" and "sue me" I laughed my ass off. How low Obama has brought down his Presidency.

His legacy will be historic all right. What a mess he's made.

Chicago on the Potomac aka the White House aka The Home of the Whopper will recover its glory with a new occupant one day.

And that one day can't come soon enough for me.

I remember when the left got all worked up about Bush's comment to the terrorists to "bring 'em on", and they just loved mocking his antagonistic attitude. Now they're cheering Obama for being an immature ass. Funny shit.:D

31343125.jpg

The Speaker is being the school yard bully and the President is telling him to "bring it on." He hasn't the guts or the legal standing.

Obama sounded like such a snotty punk. :lol: When I heard the clip about Congress "doing stuff" and "sue me" I laughed my ass off. How low Obama has brought down his Presidency.

Chicago on the Potomac aka the White House aka The Home of the Whopper will recover its glory with a new occupant one day.

I remember when the left got all worked up about Bush's comment to the terrorists to "bring 'em on", and they just loved mocking his antagonistic attitude. Now they're cheering Obama for being an immature ass. Funny shit.:D

31343125.jpg

The Speaker is being the school yard bully and the President is telling him to "bring it on." He hasn't the guts or the legal standing.

Aww it's like he's terrorizing Obama. What a meanie.:lol:

31343125.jpg

Boehner is trying to be a school yard bully and failing.

If the GOP had the grounds for either a suit or impeachment, it would be a done deal.

They don't so they can't and instead, they do what they always do - talk.

President Barack Obama dared Republicans to follow through on their threats to bring a lawsuit against his administration over his use of executive action.

"Middle-class families can’t wait for Republicans in Congress to do stuff. So sue me," Obama said Tuesday at an event in Washington.
As a response to the Republicans' threats to sue him, 'so sue me,' seems quite appropriate.

As you well know if you weren't blinded by partisanship, this:
belongs to GW Bush, not Obama.

You look like a fool saying it is Obama's legacy when the whole world, not just American democrats, knows that it is Bush's.

Last edited:
Threatening to sue Obama was a political gift just one step short of impeachment.

It gives Obama and the Dems leverage going into the midterm elections. Just ask the voters if they prefer that their congressional representatives do the job they were elected for or just sit on their asses and do nothing instead?

This is America and when you are given a job you are expected to perform and deliver results.

If the right wants to hold Obama accountable for not getting anything done then suing him for actually getting things done makes no sense. But it does make sense for Obama to use that lawsuit to draw a clear distinction between himself and the GOP. In essence it is the perfect political ploy to exploit going into a midterm election where the focus is on Congress.

And let's not forget that this message will resonate with women voters who have just been smacked down by the recent regressive SCOTUS decisions. The Dems can generate enthusiasm amongst women voters and enthusiasm amongst the base based on the ludicrous lawsuit.

From a Dem POV these are political win-win issues when it comes to November. Whether they will carry the day remains to be seen but I will be surprised if it doesn't at least hold down the GOP gains to less than they would otherwise have been.

In addition it draws a line in the sand

Before, Republicans would just silently block legislation or let it whither on the vine

Make Republicans sue to block Immigration reforms. Let them run on that

Before, Republicans would just silently block legislation or let it whither on the vine

Good point!

That will generate enthusiasm amongst the Hispanic voters for the midterms.

Got to wonder what was going through Boehner's mind when he decided that it was good idea to sue Obama. Was it just the lesser of two evils with the alternative being to allow the TP faction to institute impeachment hearings in the House?

Good point!

Got to wonder what was going through Boehner's mind when he decided that it was good idea to sue Obama. Was it just the lesser of two evils with the alternative being to allow the TP faction to institute impeachment hearings in the House?

Republicans will wait till after the 2014 midterm elections before they unleash the impeachment retards.....just like they did with Clinton

This is awsome, finally some balls on POTUS!!!!

Sue me, Bee-aah-ch...

Fuckin punk ann bitches, Tea Brain idiots.

Obama has bowel movements smarter than the entire Tea Party.

tearsofboehnerPlain.gif

I'd say with Obama's legal track record lately, pissing off Boehner and the House even more than he has is not a swell idea.

a legal suit against the POTUS brought on by the House Speaker, and your concerned the POTUS will piss off the House ???

BBBBAAAAWAWAWAWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Good point!

Republicans will wait till after the 2014 midterm elections before they unleash the impeachment retards.....just like they did with Clinton

If they impeach Obama he will leave office with 60+ approval ratings. Furthermore that will hurt the GOP candidates chances in 2016 in my opinion. Not a smart move to allow that to happen even assuming that the Senate falls into GOP hands.

They're STILL making up excuses for the man

Obama had the fortitude and determination to do what all the Presidents for the last 50 years have wanted to do. He made health care accessible to everyone. He will go down as one of the great ones.

Accessible? I thought the whole reason they enacted this obamacare was so that health insurance would be affordable for everyone. They even named it the Affordable Care Act. Now it's about "accessibility"? :lol: :eusa_hand:

(Pssst, no matter how much spin anyone puts on it, it is anything but affordable. Period. The only ones who it is affordable for are those getting a subsidy. :eusa_shhh:)

Cry baby Boehner has admitted that his Do Nothing Congress no longer has a responsibility to make policy for our nation

In the absence of a working Congress, the Executive and Judicial Branches have stepped up to fill the void

Isn't that what Republicans wanted?

Obama to Republicans: ?So sue me? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"Middle-class families can’t wait for Republicans in Congress to do stuff. So sue me," Obama said Tuesday at an event in Washington.

Hasn't Obama learned that the Repubs could care less about the middle class? They are only concerned about their big donors. Their number one goal is to protect the rich.

One thing that everyone has learned is that Obama doesn't give a flying fuck about the Constitution or the rule of law. The man thinks he is the Emperor of the United States.

Cry baby Boehner has admitted that his Do Nothing Congress no longer has a responsibility to make policy for our nation

In the absence of a working Congress, the Executive and Judicial Branches have stepped up to fill the void

Hmmmm . . . .no. There is no "void" to fill. The Executive branch doesn't get to make laws just because Congress won't make the ones it wants.

Do any of you leftwing dim wits give a damn about following the Constitution, the rule of law, and the separation of powers?

Purely a rhetorical question. We all know you don't.

Good point!

Yeah, how did that turn out for the GOP? Remind me please....:badgrin:

Good point!

Yeah, how did that turn out for the GOP? Remind me please....:badgrin:

No one is going to impeach Obama, dim wit. With the Praetorian Media protecting Obama, what would be virtually impossible.

Hmmmm . . . .no. There is no "void" to fill. The Executive branch doesn't get to make laws just because Congress won't make the ones it wants.

Do any of you leftwing dim wits give a damn about following the Constitution, the rule of law, and the separation of powers?

Purely a rhetorical question. We all know you don't.

Nobody is making "laws"
They are executive actions directing the execution of existing laws

The Boeher Do Nothing Congress is welcome to undo any action that Obama takes. All Boehner has is limp dick threats to "sue"
What a pussy

Right now, The Executive and Judicial Branch are calling the shots while Boehner sits on the sidelines and pouts

Last edited:

Forum List

Back