Obama To Inflate Meat Prices On Purpose To Help Ethanol

It is amazing to read through this thread and look at the comments - we have out-and-out lies, stupidity and misinterpretations.

The threat title is simply a lie, pure and simple. In reality, the story has nothing whatsoever to do with ethanol, and I guess the OP knows that. But why be honest?

There isn't a fact in sight, and it's clear not one poster actually checked the story before posting.

I have never seen such absolute desperate hatred for any politician as we see for Obama on threads like this one. It's deranged.

No wonder the guy is leading in the polls - you guys really help him out.

Gawd, I was just thinking the same thing. So many threads are met with rw's saying "ditto" and having no idea what they're agreeing with. I've been reading and wondering where to begin. Some of these people really need to go back to junior high.

It is amazing to read through this thread and look at the comments - we have out-and-out lies, stupidity and misinterpretations.

The threat title is simply a lie, pure and simple. In reality, the story has nothing whatsoever to do with ethanol, and I guess the OP knows that. But why be honest?

There isn't a fact in sight, and it's clear not one poster actually checked the story before posting.

I have never seen such absolute desperate hatred for any politician as we see for Obama on threads like this one. It's deranged.

Gawd, I was just thinking the same thing. So many threads are met with rw's saying "ditto" and having no idea what they're agreeing with. I've been reading and wondering where to begin. Some of these people really need to go back to junior high.

Shut up asshole. All you know is Obama is wonderful and anything he does has to be good.

Your argument always goes back to we must hate Obama

The lousy prick has made it obvious he doesn't like us, so why should we like him?

Partisan paranoia and hate is feed for ignorance and unfortunatly it is drought resistant.
Drought is the problem. It is a very real challenge with domino implications.
To fault the Administration for trying to react to a bad situation is the equivalent of me charging Republicans in Congress of Fillabusting rainfall to make Obama look bad.
I fault him when his green ideology overrules his fucken common-sense.

Iowa and other corn states wanted and pushed for ethanol production and got it, bitch at them, Obama does not pass the laws about ethanol,nor does he pass the farm bill, nor does he set farm policy, This years bill has not passed, the repubs killed it also, like so many other bills trying to go through Congress.

Shut up asshole. All you know is Obama is wonderful and anything he does has to be good.

The lousy prick has made it obvious he doesn't like us, so why should we like him?

maybe you could climb down from your I hate Obama and I will lie about anything to play character assassin stage and realize you are wrong.

Partisan paranoia and hate is feed for ignorance and unfortunatly it is drought resistant.
Drought is the problem. It is a very real challenge with domino implications.
To fault the Administration for trying to react to a bad situation is the equivalent of me charging Republicans in Congress of Fillabusting rainfall to make Obama look bad.
I fault him when his green ideology overrules his fucken common-sense.

Iowa and other corn states wanted and pushed for ethanol production and got it, bitch at them, Obama does not pass the laws about ethanol,nor does he pass the farm bill, nor does he set farm policy, This years bill has not passed, the repubs killed it also, like so many other bills trying to go through Congress.

Save it.

Obama does anything he wants. Who's gonna stop him?

They will dole it out to whoever is a party loyalist.

Given this is false, are you going to withdraw the statement, or just apologise?

I really don't get posters just lying. Why not post honestly?

The president will also direct the Department of Defense, a large purchaser of meat, to 'encourage' its vendors to speed up purchases of lamb, pork and beef and freeze it for later use.

'This is a win-win. Farmers and ranchers will have an opportunity to sell more of their products at this critical time and taxpayers will get a better price on food that would have been purchased later,' a White House official said.

Read more: Department of Agriculture: Barack Obama to announce plan to buy $170m of food to support drought-hit farmers | Mail Online

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE WIN WIN..............

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

I SEE ECONOMIC STUPIDITY Nothing more.................

maybe you could climb down from your I hate Obama and I will lie about anything to play character assassin stage and realize you are wrong.

Maybe you should face the truth:

Farmers urge Obama to suspend ethanol requirements due to drought’s ‘imminent food crisis’ | The Raw Story

Ethanol Lobby Expects Opponents to Ask EPA to Suspend Law- Bloomberg

The Renewable Fuels Association, the largest U.S. ethanol trade group, said it expects livestock and poultry industry supporters to ask the Obama administration to suspend the nation’s ethanol requirement as early as today.
The groups may ask the Environmental Protection Agency to waive the mandate requiring refiners to use 13.2 billion gallons of ethanol this year and 13.8 billion in 2013 because of higher corn prices caused by drought in the grain-rich U.S. Midwest.
Corn prices jumped to a record $8.1225 a bushel on the Chicago Board of Trade on speculation that U.S. yields may fall 18 percent below the government’s estimate on July 11, according to a Bloomberg survey. A supply shortage would raise costs for ethanol producers and food processors.
Livestock and poultry producers have scheduled a conference call with media members today at 11 a.m. New York time to outline plans to “address a short corn supply.”
Matt Hartwig, a spokesman for the Washington-based Renewable Fuels Association, said “we are expecting” the livestock and poultry groups to seek a waiver.
Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe supports the concept of suspending the mandate, which is formally known as the Renewable Fuels Standard, Matt DeCample, a spokesman, said today in a telephone interview.
“We do plan to get word to EPA” that it should suspend the RFS, DeCample said.
He said the governor may contact the agency on his own or may join with lawmakers from other states to petition the EPA to cease the blending requirement because of corn prices.
Ethanol producers have responded to higher feedstock costs by slashing output 17 percent to 796,000 barrels a day in the week ended July 20 from a record 963,000 on Dec. 30.

Maybe you could face the truth also, Mr. Myopic.

The Obama administration is reviewing the country’s ethanol policy amid calls from both political parties and the United Nations to suspend annual targets as the worst drought in 56 years spurs corn prices.

Twenty-five U.S. senators, both Republicans and Democrats, asked Lisa Jackson, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, to halt or lower mandates on how much ethanol the country must use this year and next. The senators’ Aug. 7 letter followed an Aug. 1 petition from a bipartisan coalition of 156 members of the House of Representatives.

“I would simply say that the EPA, in consultation with the Department of Agriculture, is looking at this,” Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, said today in Washington. “I don’t have a statement one way or the other predicting what the experts are going to say.”

A 2007 energy law known as the Renewable Fuels Standard mandates the use of 13.2 billion gallons of biofuels such as ethanol this year, and 13.6 billion in 2013.

A smaller U.S. corn crop doesn’t justify calls for Obama to suspend the mandate, according to the Renewable Fuels Association, a Washington trade group. It said refiners can meet the targets by drawing from ample stockpiles and utilizing excess credits that can be submitted in lieu of physically blending a gallon of ethanol.

Ethanol production also results in distillers grains, a byproduct of manufacturing the fuel, that can be fed to livestock and poultry, Growth Energy Chief Executive Officer Tom Buis said in a statement today in response to a UN call to alter the policy.

Livestock and poultry producers on July 30 called on Obama to reduce the mandate saying that it is causing “severe economic harm.”

Delaware Governor Jack Markell and Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, both Democrats, sent a letter to the EPA’s Jackson today supporting the waiver, saying that the Renewable Fuels Standard may hurt their farmers and poultry companies.

Ethanol production was 817,000 barrels a day last week, down 15 percent from a record in December. Stockpiles sank 3.9 percent to 18.7 million barrels, the lowest level since Dec. 30, Energy Department data show.
Obama Administration Looking at Ethanol Rules - Bloomberg

It would seem as if the president has let the experts handle the situation and I believe they will waiver the mandate. See no big deal, why get so worked up over nothing more than fear journalism?

The Obama administration is reviewing the country’s ethanol policy amid calls from both political parties and the United Nations to suspend annual targets as the worst drought in 56 years spurs corn prices.

Twenty-five U.S. senators, both Republicans and Democrats, asked Lisa Jackson, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, to halt or lower mandates on how much ethanol the country must use this year and next. The senators’ Aug. 7 letter followed an Aug. 1 petition from a bipartisan coalition of 156 members of the House of Representatives.

“I would simply say that the EPA, in consultation with the Department of Agriculture, is looking at this,” Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, said today in Washington. “I don’t have a statement one way or the other predicting what the experts are going to say.”

A 2007 energy law known as the Renewable Fuels Standard mandates the use of 13.2 billion gallons of biofuels such as ethanol this year, and 13.6 billion in 2013.

A smaller U.S. corn crop doesn’t justify calls for Obama to suspend the mandate, according to the Renewable Fuels Association, a Washington trade group. It said refiners can meet the targets by drawing from ample stockpiles and utilizing excess credits that can be submitted in lieu of physically blending a gallon of ethanol.

Ethanol production also results in distillers grains, a byproduct of manufacturing the fuel, that can be fed to livestock and poultry, Growth Energy Chief Executive Officer Tom Buis said in a statement today in response to a UN call to alter the policy.

Livestock and poultry producers on July 30 called on Obama to reduce the mandate saying that it is causing “severe economic harm.”

Delaware Governor Jack Markell and Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, both Democrats, sent a letter to the EPA’s Jackson today supporting the waiver, saying that the Renewable Fuels Standard may hurt their farmers and poultry companies.

Ethanol production was 817,000 barrels a day last week, down 15 percent from a record in December. Stockpiles sank 3.9 percent to 18.7 million barrels, the lowest level since Dec. 30, Energy Department data show.

It would seem as if the president has let the experts handle the situation and I believe they will waiver the mandate. See no big deal, why get so worked up over nothing more than fear journalism?

Obama said no.

Then he bragged about buying the extra meat.

Now he claims he needs time to look at the rules.

I remember when he said he couldn't grant amnesty. Said he didn't have the authority. Then he did.

Obama does what he wants. He doesn't want to do this, it's clear as day.

He wants prices to go up but he doesn't want to be blamed for it. That's the main hangup.

Last edited:
Mudwhistle -

Rather than just repeating the same rant, why not address points other posters are raising.

"Ethanol production also results in distillers grains, a byproduct of manufacturing the fuel, that can be fed to livestock and poultry,"

Moonglow raised a good point here - why not respond to it?

Mudwhistle -

Rather than just repeating the same rant, why not address points other posters are raising.

"Ethanol production also results in distillers grains, a byproduct of manufacturing the fuel, that can be fed to livestock and poultry,"

Moonglow raised a good point here - why not respond to it?

Oh......so using corn in ethanol production can produce more corn?

Dude......you can't make something out of nothing, and you can't replace the nutrition you took out during the distilling process unless you add something to it. What is left over from the distilling process is essentially empty fiber. All it does is make the animal shit. It can't keep them alive by itself.

If you can figure out how to make enough feed to keep animals alive when you take away 40% of the total corn crop off the top of an already reduced supply then feel free. Also try to figure out how you can do this without causing the price of eggs and other grocery products from going up.

And the reason I didn't respond is because most of the time Moonglow acts like such an ass it's difficult to find anything in his posts worth responding to.

Last edited:
Taxpayers aren't going to save any money when the government is taking the products out of the market.

This is just another example of how grossly incompetent this administration is. There just doesn't seem to be a thing that they do right. They don't seem to grasp that nothing they have proposed in the last 4 years has worked. This ranges from the GM bailout to Solyndra right up to and including Obamacare.

What's more puzzling is that people knowing this still want to reelect him.

Even if the government can make a case for food products being redirected to fuel production, what is the point of the government buying up the food supply rather than just letting the price fall naturally?

Even if the government can make a case for food products being redirected to fuel production, what is the point of the government buying up the food supply rather than just letting the price fall naturally?

I don't know the answer but this is just another example of Big Brother interfering where it doesn't belong.

they are trying to help the farmers, but we all know they hate Obama, the recession hasn't touch agribusiness, they are still ridin' in 45k dualleys.

obama isn't trying to help the farmers. The farmers generally plan for bad years and generally have crop insurance too. Buy buying up the meat supply, obama is deliberately hurting the consumer. That is intentional.

The last significant drought was in 1988. Ranchers had to send cattle to market because they could no longer afford to feed them due to the crop losses due to drought. The price of meat was depressed. There were cheap steaks, cheap roasts, cheap chops and exports soared helping the ranchers offset their losses. Now the government is buying up the meat forcing prices even higher than they would normally be and exports will likewise be unavailable.

Obama said no.

I remember when he said he couldn't grant amnesty. Said he didn't have the authority. Then he did.

He wants prices to go up but he doesn't want to be blamed for it. That's the main hangup.

show me where he said no?
He is letting the heads of the departments study it, sorry it is how govt. works. i know you want instant action, sorry, it's govt. at work, takes time. To late for the corn crop anyway, too late to save soybeans. What do you want from the president, even with a waiver ther is no more than what is already there and what is grown for fuel production was burned up also.
it takes time to grow a crop, evidently the farmers decide what to plant, or do you want Oblama to do that also, how about Oblama do a little rain dance in Native Americn garb, why don't you ask God for help and see how fast you get it.
He is buying meat to help farmers gain a little on prices, duh.

I don't know the answer but this is just another example of Big Brother interfering where it doesn't belong.

There is no big brother interference, the farmers decide what they want to grow.
As far as the mandate it is what the corn belt farmers wanted, god damn, you people are never satisfied with anything. Your arm chair leadership is so tiring.

Obama said no.

show me where he said no?
He is letting the heads of the departments study it, sorry it is how govt. works. i know you want instant action, sorry, it's govt. at work, takes time. To late for the corn crop anyway, too late to save soybeans. What do you want from the president, even with a waiver ther is no more than what is already there and what is grown for fuel production was burned up also.
it takes time to grow a crop, evidently the farmers decide what to plant, or do you want Oblama to do that also, how about Oblama do a little rain dance in Native Americn garb, why don't you ask God for help and see how fast you get it.
He is buying meat to help farmers gain a little on prices, duh.

Epic fail....although I like the fact you offered a reasonable opinion rather than your usual.

Obama has changed the way things work in DC. Not for the better. He goes around the system when it suits him and he makes excuses when he doesn't feel like doing a thing about the problem.

Also, the Summer corn crops haven't been fully harvested yet. Soybeans won't be harvested till October or later. We had a good wheat harvest this year but then it stopped raining for almost two months so soybeans suffered. Here in TN they're looking great but we'll see. After soybeans are harvested that will be just about it for most of the country. You won't have any new crops of corn till next June or later.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back