Obama To Inflate Meat Prices On Purpose To Help Ethanol

Mudwhistle -

The title of this thread is out-and-out lying. The story you link to does not even refer to ethanol.

Please correct it.

No it's not.

Obama was asked to suspend the ethanol provision in the farm bill. 40% of all corn produced in America goes to ethanol production. He's been asked to stop producing ethanol for one year and he's refused. That means less feed for their animals and because of this they have to slaughter them, meaning the market will have a huge influx of meat. Obama's answer is to use taxpayer money to buy up some of the excess keeping the price down. Instead he's fucking us at both ends, the supplier and the consumer. The price will still go up and the farmers will still be without most of their animals.

You really need to know your topic before you start throwing around accusations.

No, the real problem is the severe drought.

Mudwhistle -

The title of this thread is out-and-out lying. The story you link to does not even refer to ethanol.

Please correct it.

No it's not.

Obama was asked to suspend the ethanol provision in the farm bill. 40% of all corn produced in America goes to ethanol production. He's been asked to stop producing ethanol for one year and he's refused. That means less feed for their animals and because of this they have to slaughter them, meaning the market will have a huge influx of meat. Obama's answer is to use taxpayer money to buy up some of the excess keeping the price down. Instead he's fucking us at both ends, the supplier and the consumer. The price will still go up and the farmers will still be without most of their animals.

You really need to know your topic before you start throwing around accusations.

Who ask obama? The farm bill has yet to pass and is not expected to until after the election, because they are changing the way the govt and farmers do business. You do know that the farm bill is a five year bill?

Most imporatantly, Obama does not make or pass the farm bill, so why would anyone ask him. Congress makes and passes the bill. Try to learn how govt. works and get off the attack Oblama for anything motiff.

Last edited:

Exactly.

I understand people disagreeing with Obama's idea here of buying up meat and I'm not sure I support it myself, but pretending it is something to do with ethanol is simply deranged and dishonest.

Mudwhistle -

Can you explain why ethanol is not even referred to in the story you have based this thread on?

Exactly.

I understand people disagreeing with Obama's idea here of buying up meat and I'm not sure I support it myself, but pretending it is something to do with ethanol is simply deranged and dishonest.

Mudwhistle -

Can you explain why ethanol is not even referred to in the story you have based this thread on?

Don't expect anthing but Oblama deraingment syndrom from muddy.

. Obama's answer is to use taxpayer money to buy up some of the excess keeping the price down.

Again - the story you base this thread on does not even refer to ethanol. The buying up of corn is because of the drought, genius!

Last edited:
. Obama's answer is to use taxpayer money to buy up some of the excess keeping the price down.

I don't need to say a word, do I?

(Again - the story you base this thread on does not even refer to ethanol. The buying up of corn is because of the drought, genius!)

It's a cause and effect thang. Read between the lines.

Mudwhistle -

Please correct it.

No it's not.

Who ask obama? The farm bill has yet to pass and is not expected to until after the election, because they are changing the way the govt and farmers do business. You do know that the farm bill is a five year bill?

Most imporatantly, Obama does not make or pass the farm bill, so why would anyone ask him. Congress makes and passes the bill. Try to learn how govt. works and get off the attack Oblama for anything motiff.

Obama can grant amnesty and do anything he wants but he can't suspend ethanol requirements for a year while there is a feed shortage?

Yes I do know how things work, so STFU.

Mudwhistle -

Please correct it.

No it's not.

obama says that because the government will buy up the meat and take if off the market, taxpayers will be buying cheaper meat. This is what democrats will lean on. They miss the part where the government takes the purchased meat off the market so that the consumer won't be able to buy it. Instead, between the shortage caused by the decrease in production and the government buying up what is available, the cost will skyrocket.

It's understandable how obama can flim flam them by telling them that taxpayers will get a bargain in cheaper meat when the government uses their money to take it off the market. How does obama think that skyrocketing food prices along with skyrocketing energy prices will get him reelected? By an announcement that republicans did it?

Again - the story you base this thread on does not even refer to ethanol. The buying up of corn is because of the drought, genius!

Look retard...it helps to know your topic, know the background before you start popping off.

There is a $300 billion ethanol subsidy in the farm bill. This is to help with production of the 10% ethanol additive in gasoline. 40% of all corn grown in the US goes to ethanol essentially being burned in our cars. They've asked Obama to stop using ethanol for one year because of the drought. He refused. Because of that they project a feed shortage. This means farmers will ether have to pay more to feed their animals or slaughter them early. Since 40% of the feed is already tabbed for ethanol and they expect a hit on feed production of as much as 50% that doesn't leave much for anything else.

Obama is buying up some of the excess meat and he'll most likely sell it in military commissaries. Fresh meat for the rest of the year will be scarce. Prices will still go up. Farmers may be alright for awhile but the costs of buying new livestock and feed will still be high next year after the election. Course Obama could care less about next year. He just wants to get 4 more.

Now do you understand?

Last edited:

Exactly.

Mudwhistle -

You don't see a connection? What to cows eat? Hint... It's the same stuff idiots make Ethanol out of.

I think this thread has established fairly clearly that you do not.

Again - the shortage of corn has been caused by debilitating droughts, not the usage of cereals for ethanol production. Farmers seem to be supporting the move to buy food, as it will protect many from bankruptcy.

Until you are actually honest enough to address that, I don't see this thread going anywhere.

I think this thread has established fairly clearly that you do not.

Again - the shortage of corn has been caused by debilitating droughts, not the usage of cereals for ethanol production. Farmers seem to be supporting the move to buy food, as it will protect many from bankruptcy.

Until you are actually honest enough to address that, I don't see this thread going anywhere.

Really? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/16/obamas-green-power-builds-chinas-red-power/?page=all

tjvh -

From YOUR link:

Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the House was in Iowa recently, cravenly wooing the ethanol producers and slamming “big city” critics of the ethanol industry.

So why are you blaming Obama - and not Gingrich - for this again?

original

Partisan paranoia and hate is feed for ignorance and unfortunatly it is drought resistant.
Drought is the problem. It is a very real challenge with domino implications.
To fault the Administration for trying to react to a bad situation is the equivalent of me charging Republicans in Congress of Fillabusting rainfall to make Obama look bad.

Partisan paranoia and hate is feed for ignorance and unfortunatly it is drought resistant.
To fault the Administration for trying to react to a bad situation is the equivalent of me charging Republicans in Congress of Fillabusting rainfall to make Obama look bad.
I fault him when his green ideology overrules his fucken common-sense.

I fault him when his green ideology overrules his fucken common-sense.

obama's answer is "If there is no corn, let the people eat steak" Except that the government bought all the steak and there is nothing for the people to eat.

New Topics

Forum List

Back