Obama to allow oil drilling off Virginia coast and Gulf

He's actually adopting John McCain's "All of the above" philosophy. He has also recently changed his tune on Nuclear Power too. Remember,this was the same philosophy that this President and all Democrats viciously condemned during the campaign. Him and the Dems viciously condemned all kinds of things back when they didn't have the power. Now they're adopting all of the same exact policies they used to b*tch about daily. This is just one of many examples of their blatant dishonesty & hypocrisy. The list is getting pretty long. In the end it is a another Democrat dirty trick though. They will begin pushing their massive Global Warming Boondoggle very soon. Be very careful jumping on this bait.

Barry also criticized MCain for being stuck in the 20th century and yet he jumps into Air Force One for any reason he can come up with. This is the age of real time teleconferencing, why fly for inconsequential bullshit speeches? MCain should have called him on this when he flew around in a 757 for 2 years during the campaign. Here he was playing environment boy while burning 1,200 gallons of jet fuel per hour. Now he is burning over twice that with the 747. But that is a drop in the bucket compared to the fleet of aircraft that follows his Majesties happy ass wherever he goes. C-5As carry his helicopters, limos,, and secret service equipment including the black suburbans......... they burn over 3 thousand gallons of jet fuel per hour apiece. They also have 28 huge aircraft tires that can only be used for a maximum amount of takeoffs and landings......... imagine the cost of replacing 28 car tires, multiply that by at least 10.

Oh and of course, Boooooosh flew on Air Force One.......... I know, we all know, we were here. Booooosh didn't pretend to be an environmental putz, Barry did. Barry didn't go to the Winter Olympics either....... obviously has a problem with the overwhelmingly white participation in the events......... racist shit head.

He's actually adopting John McCain's "All of the above" philosophy. He has also recently changed his tune on Nuclear Power too. Remember,this was the same philosophy that this President and all Democrats viciously condemned during the campaign. Him and the Dems viciously condemned all kinds of things back when they didn't have the power. Now they're adopting all of the same exact policies they used to b*tch about daily. This is just one of many examples of their blatant dishonesty & hypocrisy. The list is getting pretty long. In the end it is a another Democrat dirty trick though. They will begin pushing their massive Global Warming Boondoggle very soon. Be very careful jumping on this bait.

Barry also criticized MCain for being stuck in the 20th century and yet he jumps into Air Force One for any reason he can come up with. This is the age of real time teleconferencing, why fly for inconsequential bullshit speeches? MCain should have called him on this when he flew around in a 757 for 2 years during the campaign. Here he was playing environment boy while burning 1,200 gallons of jet fuel per hour. Now he is burning over twice that with the 747. But that is a drop in the bucket compared to the fleet of aircraft that follows his Majesties happy ass wherever he goes. C-5As carry his helicopters, limos,, and secret service equipment including the black suburbans......... they burn over 3 thousand gallons of jet fuel per hour apiece. They also have 28 huge aircraft tires that can only be used for a maximum amount of takeoffs and landings......... imagine the cost of replacing 28 car tires, multiply that by at least 10.

Oh and of course, Boooooosh flew on Air Force One.......... I know, we all know, we were here. Booooosh didn't pretend to be an environmental putz, Barry did. Barry didn't go to the Winter Olympics either....... obviously has a problem with the overwhelmingly white participation in the events......... racist shit head.

Yea he absolutely hates half of himself. And since we all know he's a magic negro (all of us black people are in case you didn't know), he should instead Apparate himself and his fleet of people to various places across the world.

Oh wait, what's that? Wasn't it the right winged media incesed when he didn't make an extraneous visit to France to see Sarkozy? Or when he decided not to go to see Brown? Weren't they pissed that he snubbed his nose at our Asian allies by not flying out last sunday to support HC?

Trying to deride a president's environmental stance because he has to travel alot by airplane is just detracting from the fact that this legislation is aimed not at protecting just the environment, but expertly positioning him with a good amount of leverage when it comes time for alternative energy/global warming agenda. Be afraid, be very afraid :).

CANCUN, Mexico (AP) -- The head of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries said Tuesday that current international oil prices hovering around $80 a barrel are good for the world economy and oil-producing countries.

"In OPEC, we don't want a low price because (a) low price would not permit us to invest, so if we don't invest, we cannot have more oil," El Badri said. "And we don't want a very high price -- that will affect the demand."

OPEC Says Current Oil Prices 'Fair'

So once again, I ask those on the right, "What makes you think offshore oil will cause prices to drop?"

Come on now, make it good.

As I asked in my earlier post- what is this fixation with "dropping" oil prices? Is that the motivation behind finding new reserves in the U.S.? Hardly.

Imagine if the U.S. produced 100% of its petroleum needs... what would the price of oil be today? The same, assuming world supply/demand were as it is today.

This is about jobs, balance of trade, trade deficit, and energy security.

The question is one of methods and at what cost.

We have $Ts of infrastructure devoted to a petrol-based energy economy. Profiting from our own oil now will ease a smoother transition with much less economic shock.

I am glad to hear you are looking forward to $4/gal gas again.
the shock will be less the sooner we get off the oil teat.

Do you drive a hybrid or an electric car?

No, but I did own a Prius, and no the accel never stuck. I currently have a handicapped customized van which I will be donating to someone soon as I cannot drive any more. Too much pain meds.
I can actually drive but realize that I should not.

CANCUN, Mexico (AP) -- The head of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries said Tuesday that current international oil prices hovering around $80 a barrel are good for the world economy and oil-producing countries.

"In OPEC, we don't want a low price because (a) low price would not permit us to invest, so if we don't invest, we cannot have more oil," El Badri said. "And we don't want a very high price -- that will affect the demand."

OPEC Says Current Oil Prices 'Fair'

So once again, I ask those on the right, "What makes you think offshore oil will cause prices to drop?"

Come on now, make it good.

As I asked in my earlier post- what is this fixation with "dropping" oil prices? Is that the motivation behind finding new reserves in the U.S.? Hardly.

Imagine if the U.S. produced 100% of its petroleum needs... what would the price of oil be today? The same, assuming world supply/demand were as it is today.

This is about jobs, balance of trade, trade deficit, and energy security.

Heck the USA does not even refine all of our refined petroleum needs we import gas, diesel, etc.

And Virginia has stated that it will not allow Obamacare to be practiced on its citizens.

Actually, I think it's a 'bone' he's throwing out for you 'drill baby drill wingnuts', while at the same time taking this off the table as an election issue.

I'm guessing that many conservatives will blast him for this even though they always want to drill drill drill and criticize people for not drilling

As long as it's done safely, why not?
I agree.

Let's see what the left has to say about Obama's decision. I mean, they wanted to "kill Bush" for the perceived lack of concern for the environment.

For drilling in beautiful terrain and wildlife refuge. There is so much ocean, drill away I say. Unless they are visible from shore then they are probably an eyesore

If anyone wanted to bother, many clips of Obama can be produced saying that offshore drilling is a waste and won't reduce costs of energy in even 5 years if you started now.

Why does he suddenly want to do it?

actually, he said if he was shown a good reason for it, he would.

he shouldn't...

but you know, the rightwingnuts will still whine. *shrug*

Ame®icano;2162182 said:
Some six weeks ago, when Obama flipflop on nuclear power, I said this...

Sure it is. When polls are dropping, he'll agree to anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if he come up with idea to drill ...

LINK

____

You were correct.

The post-healthcare "bounce" was hardly noticeable, and has quickly vanished.

Despite the continued glorified rhetoric of the liberal media, Obama's is faltering where it matters most - the opinion of the American people...

He has to allow drilling in ANWR. It has the most oil for the least env. impact. The pipeline spur is only a few miles. The disturbed area is like a postage stamp on a football field. I applaud Obama's yielding to common-sense, but lets take the next big step to helping CA get solvent (drill off CA), and ANWR, since the caribou really don't need the oil.

Can someone explain how this is a "win" for Obama?

The oil companies who lease the land will put any found oil on the Open Market, which means we will have to compete for it. Prices will not go down.

If Obama "mandates" the oil be used in the US, then Republicans will "SCREAM" that Obama is taking over the oil industry.

Where is the "win"?

geezus Dean....no matter what this man does you bitch....you dam Leftists are all alike....Obama cant do nothing to please you guys.....it has to be because he is black....if it was a white Pres. you would be praising him.....how long will it take now for your Leftist Environmental wacko friends to start issuing death threats?......

Can someone explain how this is a "win" for Obama?

The oil companies who lease the land will put any found oil on the Open Market, which means we will have to compete for it. Prices will not go down.

If Obama "mandates" the oil be used in the US, then Republicans will "SCREAM" that Obama is taking over the oil industry.

Where is the "win"?

geezus Dean....no matter what this man does you bitch....you dam Leftists are all alike....Obama cant do nothing to please you guys.....it has to be because he is black....if it was a white Pres. you would be praising him.....how long will it take now for your Leftist Environmental wacko friends to start issuing death threats?......

I asked legitimate questions. All you did was rant. Where was I critical of Obama? What I gave were two scenarios that, to me, are the most likely.

Forum List

Back