Obama throws Gay community under the bus...

said he was expressing a liberal viewpoint

Which is false and has been shown to be such.

Really? Expanding the power of the federal government is NOT a liberal viewpoint? I gotta stop right there. LOL. You reaaally want to pursue that one? Do I really have to trot out the philosophies of various party honcho's over the decades to prove you wrong, or are you just going to go ahead and admit that one?

I've also already basically told you that your "strictest definition" of a conservative is, well, hogwash. Under your definition conservatives would be pining away for the days of FDR and the New Deal.

Really? They could go farther back and call fora return to the 1700s. Some strict Constitutionalists do, in fact. or they could call for the status quo ante circa 200BS or 1987. all would be Conservatives in the strictest sense.

You are absolutely correct that it would be conservative in your strictest sense. You know....the one that I was proving as ridiculous...and which you just proved as ridiculous as well. Do you always decide to point out the flaws in your own argument?

It was conservative by all applicable definitions.

Except for... you know... the whole smaller government thing...the one thing that the majority of conservatives agree is one of their founding principles.

Really? Expanding the power of the federal government is NOT a liberal viewpoint?

We're not talking about increasing the power of the fed, you moron. the Fed already has laws in place- DOMA for instance. We're talking about keeping things as they are (conservatism) or reducing the fed's say and expanding the legal recognition of unions and contracts (progressivism or old-school liberalism)

DOMA is currently the law, and the executive branch should uphold it. If they want to change it, then Obama should have his compatriots in congress introduce a bill to repeal or change it.

Now, having said that, I couldn't give a tinker's damn if homosexuals wish to marry. It does not affect my marriage in the least. And anyone who says that it affects them, unless they are gay, is full of it.

Well you're one person with one opinion. Thank God the vast majority DO care what marriage is, and want to keep it that way without being defiled by a bunch of perverts.

Vast majority? Marriage defiled? The only way homosexuals marrying each other could defile someone's marriage is if they invite the homosexuals into their marriage.

Methinks you're long on feeling, but a little short on facts. Like most liberals.
Sorry FM head, but you've had your head phones on a might too long it appears. There is no greater hard line CONSERVATIVE on this board than ME! And what is being DEFILED is the holy matrimony of marriage by the perverted nation, and yes, the only way they EVER get a law that says they can marry is for a PRO HOMO JUDGE TO LEGISLATE FROM THE BENCH. Every time it's put to a VOTE, IT GETS VOTED DOWN, and that is THE MAJORITY. Now step back from Y0UR liberal hand book and think for a moment before you go off and make another dumb post.

Last edited:
Well you're one person with one opinion. Thank God the vast majority DO care what marriage is, and want to keep it that way without being defiled by a bunch of perverts.

Vast majority? Marriage defiled? The only way homosexuals marrying each other could defile someone's marriage is if they invite the homosexuals into their marriage.

Methinks you're long on feeling, but a little short on facts. Like most liberals.

you realize that PR's post expresses a conservative/neo-conservative iew, right?

So what's your point... that makes me wrong because I'm a conservative? You really going to go there JB? You're reputation is slipping as is son... maybe you better think before you post more garbage like that.

you realize that PR's post expresses a conservative/neo-conservative iew, right?

So what's your point... that makes me wrong because I'm a conservative? You really going to go there JB? You're reputation is slipping as is son... maybe you better think before you post more garbage like that.

No, fool. You're wrong in this one, but is nothing to do with whether your views are conservative or not. Bear ion mind that I stand right-of-center on most matters. All I have said is that your position is conservative in nature and is generally held by both conservatives and neo-cons. Dumbass tried to claim that your position is a liberal one and I was demonstrating that he is a dumbass for saying so.

How the hell you drew your aboove conclusion, I have no idea

No, fool. You're wrong in this one, but is nothing to do with whether your views are conservative or not. Bear ion mind that I stand right-of-center on most matters. All I have said is that your position is conservative in nature and is generally held by both conservatives and neo-cons. Dumbass tried to claim that your position is a liberal one and I was demonstrating that he is a dumbass for saying so.

How the hell you drew your aboove conclusion, I have no idea

I see that now, sorry. I take back the prior post... :beer:

Let there be peace

guinness.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Never had the Harp. How is it? Thus far, Guiness is the only beer I really drink. I can't stand the American lagers (Budweiser and the like); they taste like crap and they make your stomach feel full

Forum List

Back