Obama throws Bush under the bus......accuses him of torture

Obama: U.S. 'crossed a line,' tortured after 9/11 - CNN.com

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

About time our country stopped covering for the abuses of Bush/Cheney

Didn't Obama openly kill the first US citizen without trial? Think he's done it a few times... Wonder if they suffered or if getting murdered was quick and painless... Hmm, maybe Obama has that info.

We were much safer under Bush than we are today.

I don't really give a fuck about torture. If they have information we need get it any way possible. We are the only country in the world that promises a paradise existence after we catch you. The rest will do what they have to. Why hamstring ourselves with this bullshit we are the only ones willing to practice?

Torture away. Do we need the info? Yes. Get it. In any way possible. Nobody else gives a fuck if they capture one of ours so fuck them. We play by your rules, you torture we torture. You stop doing that and we will stop. Until it's equal on both sides I don't really care about the liberal bleeding heart bullshit.

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

Blah....Blah...Blah....Blame Bush....Blah.....Blah....Blah Damn fool trying to deflect again. :cuckoo:

REALLY !!! How dare that ****** speak ill of the man that ignored the warnings of Clinton about Ossama and hire the man that was supposed to find him the best VP then take the terrorist's advice up to and including lying to the American people and Congress about WMDs and ties to Bin Ladin.

Don't worry you NeoGOPChristianFascist traitors, torturers and murderers. Obama doesn't expect you to take responsibility for your actions. He was just commenting on the findings of the sub commitee investigating torture.

Funny how after your 6 years of name calling and refusal to do a damned thing for the American people in it's only goal to make the spook look weak and inneffective you get weak knee'd at the thought of just a few of your disgusting policies.

Why don't you just issue an orange or red terrorist alert like you did after 9/11 every time your bullshit came to light? Oh... ,that's right you can't...too bad. It worked so well terrifying the American public whenever it was self serving.

If only you people were just damned fools like Bush. You people are fucking monsters. ... The worst people to ever gain power in the history of the planet. Pure evil. I'm including the NAZIS. At least the NAZIS did a lot of good public works for the citizens of Germany. You assholes have done nothing but murder and torture...many hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis and Afgahnis.. Caused injury to millions.. displaced millions and completely destroyed that civilization.

Why are you pissing down your legs NOW?

Just go on down to your mega church and say you are sorry to the beejeebus..

Disgusting pussies. Just blame it on Obama. Your followers are too stupid to read a calander anyway.

Its about time we throw the current idiot out of office. Bush was ten times better and smarter than obamashitforbrains.

Blah....Blah...Blah....Blame Bush....Blah.....Blah....Blah Damn fool trying to deflect again. :cuckoo:

REALLY !!! How dare that ****** speak ill of the man that ignored the warnings of Clinton about Ossama and hire the man that was supposed to find him the best VP then take the terrorist's advice up to and including lying to the American people and Congress about WMDs and ties to Bin Ladin.

Don't worry you NeoGOPChristianFascist traitors, torturers and murderers. Obama doesn't expect you to take responsibility for your actions. He was just commenting on the findings of the sub commitee investigating torture.

Funny how after your 6 years of name calling and refusal to do a damned thing for the American people in it's only goal to make the spook look weak and inneffective you get weak knee'd at the thought of just a few of your disgusting policies.

Why don't you just issue an orange or red terrorist alert like you did after 9/11 every time your bullshit came to light? Oh... ,that's right you can't...too bad. It worked so well terrifying the American public whenever it was self serving.

If only you people were just damned fools like Bush. You people are fucking monsters. ... The worst people to ever gain power in the history of the planet. Pure evil. I'm including the NAZIS. At least the NAZIS did a lot of good public works for the citizens of Germany. You assholes have done nothing but murder and torture...many hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis and Afgahnis.. Caused injury to millions.. displaced millions and completely destroyed that civilization.

Disgusting pussies. Just blame it on Obama. Your followers are too stupid to read a calander anyway.

:eusa_clap:

Nicely Unhinged.

Obama should have the decency to acknowledge the stuff he did, but that won't happen.

An election is coming up and the plan is to vilify Bush and Republicans because that is the only strategy the left can come up with. They can't run on their record, so time to ramp up the vitriol and rhetoric about war on women blah blah and hope that people get mad about things that haven't even happened and won't happen. If they can convince the mind-number robots that the right is mean, hopefully they'll go out and vote to save the liberal politicians.

Hard to take him seriously anymore. Water boarding would suck, but beats the hell out of real torture and getting your head chopped off. I feel no sympathy for any of the terrorists, who laughed at the enhanced interrogation. Seriously, the left felt worse about a few terrorists getting water boarded than they did about the victims who died horrible deaths at the hands of Muslims.

Last edited:

The racist idiot speaks but onle farts out his pie hole.

REALLY !!! How dare that ****** speak ill of the man that ignored the warnings of Clinton about Ossama l
Is that the same Clinton that bragged he could have killed OBL but chose not to?

REALLY !!! How dare that ****** speak ill of the man that ignored the warnings of Clinton about Ossama l
Is that the same Clinton that bragged he could have killed OBL but chose not to?

Funny how the libs have selective memory and "forgot" how the terrorists beheaded American civilians...

I don't really give a fuck about torture. If they have information we need get it any way possible. We are the only country in the world that promises a paradise existence after we catch you. The rest will do what they have to. Why hamstring ourselves with this bullshit we are the only ones willing to practice?

Torture away. Do we need the info? Yes. Get it. In any way possible. Nobody else gives a fuck if they capture one of ours so fuck them. We play by your rules, you torture we torture. You stop doing that and we will stop. Until it's equal on both sides I don't really care about the liberal bleeding heart bullshit.

The reliability of the information is unknown. Risk vs reward has to be very good.

Might be useful in very specific information that is the key to stop a terrorist attack that you know will be happening very soon and there is no other option.

Laws would need to change and safeguards put in place to prevent abuse.

You are a propaganda controlled idiot drone. Bush absolutely let 9/11 happen on his watch & let Bin Laden go free. Bush did the opposite of keeping US safe. Bush got about 9,000 of US killed & created more terrorist. Over 60,000 US soldiers & citizens dead or wounded & retards claim Bush kept us safe. Get out your wallet because this was & continues to be a huge expense.

The Bush admin had all the intelligence necessary to prevent 9/11 but REFUSED to stop the attack. Bush & the Neoconservative leaders at Pentagon wanted an offensive war instead of defending US citizens from a real attack. Neocons from the Pentagon told Bush that the C.I.A. had been fooled; Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract him from Saddam Hussein, who is a greater threat. Intelligence officials protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, as ridiculous. Bush receives another Presidential Daiy Brief entitled “The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden”, Bush ignored it.

So allowing the Bush admin to torture everyone on the planet would not have stopped 9/11. He had the intel, but allowed it to happen anyway because he wanted a war with Saddam. Torture has not produced any good intel, negotiations have gotten us good cooperation.

You should read the letters to Obama from the people from the NSA. They said they gave Bush all the intel necessary to stop 9/11. After 9/11 Bush converted the NSA from spying on our enemies gathering precise information to protect US, to a huge unmanageable agency collecting & storing all available data on everyone. They claim the NSA can no-longer be proactive in preventing attacks like the Boston Bombing. They can only find archived info on them after they attack.

Last edited:
Which part of the Geneva Convention applies to radical jihadist who are neither non combatants or uniformed solider's in a nations armed forces?

Article 75

The following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever, whether committed by civilian or by military agents:

Which one of those are radical jihadist? There not civilian and not part of any military.

Juridica International

As far as Obama is concerned, he should join him there. How many lines has he crossed, perchance?

Someone should have blindfolded you, thrown you on a helicopter and flown you to a black site somewhere in Poland where you had a hose put up your nose, so you could appreciate the vast understatement that Obama made.

I wish Obama had named names when he made that comment.

You are a propaganda controlled idiot drone. Bush absolutely let 9/11 happen on his watch & let Bin Laden go free. Bush did the opposite of keeping US safe. Bush got about 9,000 of US killed & created more terrorist. Over 60,000 US soldiers & citizens dead or wounded & retards claim Bush kept us safe. Get out your wallet because this was & continues to be a huge expense.

The Bush admin had all the intelligence necessary to prevent 9/11 but REFUSED to stop the attack. Bush & the Neoconservative leaders at Pentagon wanted an offensive war instead of defending US citizens from a real attack. Neocons from the Pentagon told Bush that the C.I.A. had been fooled; Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract him from Saddam Hussein, who is a greater threat. Intelligence officials protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, as ridiculous. Bush receives another Presidential Daiy Brief entitled “The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden”, Bush ignored it.

So allowing the Bush admin to torture everyone on the planet would not have stopped 9/11. He had the intel, but allowed it to happen anyway because he wanted a war with Saddam. Torture has not produced any good intel, negotiations have gotten us good cooperation.

You should read the letters to Obama from the people from the NSA. They said they gave Bush all the intel necessary to stop 9/11. After 9/11 Bush converted the NSA from spying on our enemies gathering precise information to protect US, to a huge unmanageable agency collecting & storing all available data on everyone. They claim the NSA can no-longer be proactive in preventing attacks like the Boston Bombing. They can only find archived info on them after they attack.

Don't forget the 186,000 Iraqi civilians who died nor the 150 American contractors who were told they would be protected.

Hahaha hahaha hhahah hahahahah hahahahaha

Good comments! Obama and those supporting him are dumbasses!

Republicans are the party of torture after all

They actually celebrate it

Other than sociopaths (who exist in both parties) I don't think anyone "celebrates" it. But I can tell you quite honestly, that if someone kidnapped my little girl and I knew he knew where she was I would make him suffer till he told me where she was.

Anyone who says different in a similar situation is a flat out liar.

Ah yes.

Ye olde "Ticking Time Bomb" defense of torture.

That was the Republican/Conservative meme at the time.

It was bullshit then, it's bullshit now.

Forum List

Back