Obama throws Bush under the bus......accuses him of torture

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Obama: U.S. 'crossed a line,' tortured after 9/11 - CNN.com

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

About time our country stopped covering for the abuses of Bush/Cheney

Last edited:

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

Obama wouldn't recognize one if they bit him.

Republicans are the party of torture after all

They actually celebrate it

Republicans are the party of torture after all

They actually celebrate it

Other than sociopaths (who exist in both parties) I don't think anyone "celebrates" it. But I can tell you quite honestly, that if someone kidnapped my little girl and I knew he knew where she was I would make him suffer till he told me where she was.

Anyone who says different in a similar situation is a flat out liar.

SO why isnt Obama prosecuting Bush era aides who advocated that policy? Torture is illegal, remember?

Obama is a pussy, so are the Dems

Afraid to stir up the ghosts of the past

Somebody should have thrown Bush II under a bus in 2000, the US would be 2 trillion plus richer, and thousands of Americans would still be alive.

SO why isnt Obama prosecuting Bush era aides who advocated that policy? Torture is illegal, remember?

Obama is a pussy, so are the Dems

Afraid to stir up the ghosts of the past
Ford pardoned Nixon, which was a mistake and no president has prosecuted his predecessor since. I don't recall any president doing it before that either.

Nobody has done anything remotely like what Nixon did, there has been NO reason to pardon anyone else.

Forum List

Back