Obama the global has-been

Iraq... You realize that was under Bush's timetable... right?

As for Afghanistan... 10 Facts About the US Withdrawal from Afghanistan - Countdown to Drawdown

I did not see Bush withdraw from Iraq

After his blunder in deciding to attack Iraq in the first place, insufficient troop strength, misreading of the Iraq political climate and inability to garner global support of the invasion

It took Obama to finally get us out of Bush's mess
you are smarter than this, and I know it.

The exit from Iraq was on Bush's timetable. Obama simply kept to it.
Nutwinger is incapable of this kind of honesty. He's the guy telling us what a great job Obama did at Copenhagen, when in fact he did nothing but waste time and money.
Yes, it was Bush's timetable. But Obama still managed to screw it up by failing to negotiate a continued presence to stabilize things. We see where Iraq is going now.

From this AM's WSJ, Bret Stephens.
Stephens: Barack Obama, Global Has-Been - WSJ.com

Consider the record. His failed personal effort to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chicago. His failed personal effort to negotiate a climate-change deal at Copenhagen in 2009. His failed efforts to strike a nuclear deal with Iran that year and this year. His failed effort to improve America's public standing in the Muslim world with the now-forgotten Cairo speech. His failed reset with Russia. His failed effort to strong-arm Israel into a permanent settlement freeze. His failed (if half-hearted) effort to maintain a residual U.S. military force in Iraq. His failed efforts to cut deals with the Taliban and reach out to North Korea. His failed effort to win over China and Russia for even a symbolic U.N. condemnation of Syria's Bashar Assad. His failed efforts to intercede in Europe's economic crisis. ("Herr Obama should above all deal with the reduction of the American deficit" was the free advice German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schäuble offered this year.)
More at the source.
Why should they? When he begs them for something, the American people lose untold promises in handovers of American territorial waters to those two and Cuba! They just keep holding out to his friends and rack up broken trashed promises they will be hammering all of us with long after Obama is embarrassed out of office by angry voters who've had it with his disastrous foreign trips, decimation of the American tourist industry by doubling and even tripling gasoline prices, and ill will on the home front by calling states such as Arizona headed by Republican "enemies" and withholding from the people of the Great State of Arizona information they need from Homeland Security to avert an international incident on Arizona soil.

I hope angry voters hang him out to dry. And I hope the new Republican Congress will make sure Arizona gets reinstated with the Homeland Security their Income Taxes paid for before Obama instructed--what was supposed to have been a neutral, non-partisan ACORN--on getting lots of votes for Democrats. :evil:

Forum List

Back