Obama Tells Dems He'll Oppose Tax Cut Deal Without Unemployment Benefits, Other Relie

Obamanomics is working? Yeah?

You're telling me that record poverty and increasing unemployment to nearly double digit after 2 whole years is "working"

Is that right?

That's my question.

He wants to do his own thing...republicans block him. He tries to incorporate their ideas...they block him and deride him. They plan to use brute force to stop him...then BO used brute force to pass healthcare...and they wine.

When are the Dems going to get some balls?

The balance of power is such that they would lose anyway. No matter how loud they could get over this, they just aren't as loud as the right wing NOISE. So, in effect, Obama is simply saying "Okay, you think you can do better, then go ahead and try." (Actually, I'm probably one of the few who remembers he said that's what he would do if the public decided against his policies. And it appears they have.)

So let them now see what the Republicans can do to fix the economy and especially unemployment. I can't wait. What are their plans when they realize that many of the old jobs won't be coming back at all because the industry won't be coming back? What will they do when they realize that millions will have to be retrained? And who will pay for that? Will the Republicans still laugh at green jobs (which ARE the future for America--it's last gasp at global competition)? Or will they be satisfied with just a numbers game when unemployment does come down, but we have college educated and career individuals cleaning toilets for a living just to pretty up the unemployment numbers so Republicans can say "Look what WE did!!"

Forum List

Back