Obama takes the bait

Just a few minutes ago The Mccain campaign made a statement that they wont be at the debate unless the bailout has been resolved. I dont want them rushing to figure this thing out. Mccain could spend the next few days in Washington and still do the debate.

He did?

That man is nuts.

What he is saying is that he'd afraid to debate Obama, then.

I am frankly shocked the man wimped out.

I thought he was made of sterner stuff than that.

I think that all but the right wingnuts will realise that McCain is playing partisan politics with the financial disaster.

1. He is scared of debating Obama right now. What's Friday night's topic? Is it Foreign Policy? If so he should be less scared than if it was the economy, but he's still wussed out.

2. He attempted to embarrass Obama into going along with the cancellation of the debate. Obama wasn't fooled and importantly he has demonstrated that he is above populism. If Obama had gone along with it he would have been seen as a follower to McCain's leadership. McCain's petard has well and truly blown him up.

3. The polls will show that Americans are awake to what McCain is up to and that they see that Obama is more then a damn fine speaker.

McCain is finished.

Last edited:
Keep up the good work, folks. Your playing right into McCain's hands.

Mark my words, if no deal is reached today, Senator McCain will not announce his decision to attend the debate until the last possible moment.

This will be the most watched debate in modern history, just the way Senator McCain wanted.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I hate being right so often :frown:

Seriously though, it's truly amazing how McCain's people have made an extremely calculated political and partisan move seem non-political and bi-partisan. Like I said in the other thread - I love me some Rovian-Palinian police state tactics :D

More: BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington - News Story - WNBC | New York

uh, takes what bait? The President of the United States of America has recalled Congress. Three of the four people out campaigning are in Congress. I truly don't understand what the big deal is here.

Keep up the good work, folks. Your playing right into McCain's hands.

Mark my words, if no deal is reached today, Senator McCain will not announce his decision to attend the debate until the last possible moment.

This will be the most watched debate in modern history, just the way Senator McCain wanted.

Yeah, people are really going to cancel their Friday evening plans just to watch the presidential debate.... :cuckoo:

McCain is finished.
I believe some announcer said the same thing about Kirk Gibson when he stepped into the batters box in what was it, game one of the 1988 World Series? You remember what happened?:

[youtube]Oscr6I1xJH0[/youtube]

"I don't believe what I just saw!" :omg:

McCain would be a fool to let Obama show up to the debate and grandstand for an hour, unopposed, on the economy.

Brainiacs. Just keep thinking McCain's campaign staff are stooopid. works for me.

Let a conservative tell you about McCain.

washingtonpost.com

"Under the pressure of the financial crisis, one presidential candidate is behaving like a flustered rookie playing in a league too high. It is not Barack Obama.

Channeling his inner Queen of Hearts, John McCain furiously, and apparently without even looking around at facts, said Chris Cox, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, should be decapitated. This childish reflex provoked the Wall Street Journal to editorialize that "McCain untethered" -- disconnected from knowledge and principle -- had made a "false and deeply unfair" attack on Cox that was "unpresidential" and demonstrated that McCain "doesn't understand what's happening on Wall Street any better than Barack Obama does."
ad_icon

To read the Journal's details about the depths of McCain's shallowness on the subject of Cox's chairmanship, see "McCain's Scapegoat" (Sept. 19). Then consider McCain's characteristic accusation that Cox "has betrayed the public's trust.""

Well, in all fairness, he has said he doesn't really understand economics.

I believe some announcer said the same thing about Kirk Gibson when he stepped into the batters box in what was it, game one of the 1988 World Series? You remember what happened?:

[youtube]Oscr6I1xJH0[/youtube]

"I don't believe what I just saw!" :omg:

Oh yeah. I didn't think he was going to make it around the bases. Never trust a relief pitcher...ever.

I thought the debate was Friday. How does this rule out the scheduled debate? Oh, right. McCain will be too exhausted from kissing Dubya's ass on Thursday.

There's something I don't understand. If a President has to be able to do more than one thing at a time why didn't Obama simply agree to go to DC with McCain when McCain asked him to?

Politically I think this would have been the smart, bold move on Obama's part. Instead it seems to me Obama played politics and took an obvious cheap shot at McCain on the "doing more than one thing" line.

For a smart guy I just don't understand how Obama could be so dumb. :cuckoo:

John McCain is a genius and he deserves to win this election. He played you Democrats like a fiddle AGAIN and so far, no one on this board has figured out his strategy. I'll give you a hint...then again perhaps not. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag.

Hint: War College Graduate. :tongue:

McCain sounds like a mumbling old man.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/us/politics/25campaign.html?ref=politics

Some of the criticisms:

Thursday September 17th Harry Reid whines: "No one knows what to do" regarding the financial crises.

Tuesday September 23rd Harry Reid goads McCain: "John McCain needs to support this bailout or it won't pass."

Wednesday September 24th John McCain smacks down Reid: "It has become clear that no consensus has developed to support the Administrations proposal. I do not believe that the plan on the table will pass as it currently stands, and we are running out of time. Tomorrow morning, I will suspend my campaign and return to Washington.

:clap2:

There's something I don't understand. If a President has to be able to do more than one thing at a time why didn't Obama simply agree to go to DC with McCain when McCain asked him to?

Politically I think this would have been the smart, bold move on Obama's part. Instead it seems to me Obama played politics and took an obvious cheap shot at McCain on the "doing more than one thing" line.

For a smart guy I just don't understand how Obama could be so dumb. :cuckoo:
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back