Obama scores high marks again with 79% of Americans

This is not about fear. It's about our national security. But nice try simply picking one out of context sentence from my rather lengthy post.

Why don't you offer your own analysis of the WSJ piece and tell me why you believe it is a good thing for the US to be weak in the face of China, Russia and NK? >>>

It is all about fear and you are such an easy target. You send rightwing fringe articles and expect us to take them seriously. THis is why you lost BIG TIME!!!! This isn't a pissing contest, we saw how well that worked. No one thinks America is weak, quite the contrary.

There are a lot who think we aren't as strong as we were. North Korea, for one, which had the blessings from China. It really does seem to me that Obama is going through a 12 step program to show the mistakes that the democrats thought were made. Obama isn't trying to build nobility for the US. He's seems to be trying to take us down a notch or two with some powerful nations that aren't really our friends. In doing so, he is also taking us down a notch or two with our close allies. They might hesitate in tough times, because they aren't too sure about where we will stand...like with terrorism...or whatever the sugar coated words for terroism is now. In fact he hasn't been too successful in pledges on the stimulus of other countries, or military support. You can keep saying just how great he's doing in just 2-3 months on the job. But that is certainly a bias view of it. Yeah, China, Russia, and Iran are licking their chops at Obama....because being naive, is a sign of weakness.

This is not about fear. It's about our national security. But nice try simply picking one out of context sentence from my rather lengthy post.

Why don't you offer your own analysis of the WSJ piece and tell me why you believe it is a good thing for the US to be weak in the face of China, Russia and NK? >>>

It is all about fear and you are such an easy target. You send rightwing fringe articles and expect us to take them seriously. THis is why you lost BIG TIME!!!! This isn't a pissing contest, we saw how well that worked. No one thinks America is weak, quite the contrary.

There are a lot who think we aren't as strong as we were. North Korea, for one, which had the blessings from China. It really does seem to me that Obama is going through a 12 step program to show the mistakes that the democrats thought were made. Obama isn't trying to build nobility for the US. He's seems to be trying to take us down a notch or two with some powerful nations that aren't really our friends. In doing so, he is also taking us down a notch or two with our close allies. They might hesitate in tough times, because they aren't too sure about where we will stand...like with terrorism...or whatever the sugar coated words for terroism is now. In fact he hasn't been too successful in pledges on the stimulus of other countries, or military support. You can keep saying just how great he's doing in just 2-3 months on the job. But that is certainly a bias view of it. Yeah, China, Russia, and Iran are licking their chops at Obama....because being naive, is a sign of weakness.

There's a happy medium between "yer either with us or agin us" and an FU attitude towards other countries and a meek "we're afraid to offend" posture.

Bush ran on a promise to inject humility in foreign policy but on things like Kyoto and Palestine and Iraq he was the total opposite. There is no question that US popularity worldwide declined. Some think that doesn't matter, I think it does. I think we have something to gain if the view of the average Muslim in the ME or European of the US is more positive.

Obama's just starting out, and letting folks know that there's a new Govt in place and acknolwedging that some of what happened under the last administration was not popular. We'll see how he does over time.

The politics of fear are over.

Deal with it.

really....why did obama run around telling everyone if his bailout spendulus plan didn't pass we were headed for financial apocalypse?

Why do you make up silly quotes like this? Another dittohead!

i posted numerous links to it in this thread....before you open your mouth and prove you are a fool...try doing a quick google

Weakness is when you go off on your own and waste a trillion dollars on a useless war and then bankrupt the country with deregulation.

Strength is when you re-regulate the markets, get out of Iraq, and move toward clean energy.

Strength is also when you reestablish good relations with your allies and gain a consensus moving forward. That is called leadership.

Weakness is when you go off on your own and waste a trillion dollars on a useless war and then bankrupt the country with deregulation.

Strength is when you re-regulate the markets, get out of Afghanistan, and move toward clean energy.

Strength is also when you reestablish good relations with your allies and gain a consensus moving forward. That is called leadership.

We won the Iraq war. They are now a functioning democracy ready to take on their own security, instead of a brutal dictatorship.

We leave Iraq because we won, so now most of those troops are heading towards Iraq. We have no meaningful new regulation that matters. Most the market mechanics are still well beyond federal regulators, because most of it resides in Asia, Caymens, Gulf Oil states who could care less what we think...

And what consensus? Obama wanted massive European stimulus and got none. He wanted united commitment against Iran, he got none, and wanted major troop commitments to Afghanistan and he got NONE! So what "consensus"???? Clapping ignorant masses on the streets are useless, the LEADERS just smiled at him until he left....

We "won" the Iraq war?

We created a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

It cost us a trillion dollars and 4,000 American lives, not to mention destroying the country of Iraq and displacing millions of Iraqis.

And things are still bad in Iraq.

There's a happy medium between "yer either with us or agin us" and an FU attitude towards other countries and a meek "we're afraid to offend" posture.

Bush ran on a promise to inject humility in foreign policy but on things like Kyoto and Palestine and Iraq he was the total opposite. There is no question that US popularity worldwide declined. Some think that doesn't matter, I think it does. I think we have something to gain if the view of the average Muslim in the ME or European of the US is more positive.

Obama's just starting out, and letting folks know that there's a new Govt in place and acknolwedging that some of what happened under the last administration was not popular. We'll see how he does over time.

Obama is doing one of two things. Either 1) he's Nevel Chamberlain idiot and really believes his own pacafisitc apeasment nonsense, or 2) he's intentionally being "nice" for no other reason to prove how useless it is, so he can later come back and say, "OK, we tried it your way, so now it back to using our bombs, A-10s, Abrahms tanks, B2's and the 10 Mtn Division to do our talking....

Obama is doing one of two things. Either 1) he's Nevel Chamberlain idiot and really believes his own pacafisitc apeasment nonsense, or 2) he's intentionally being "nice" for no other reason to prove how useless it is, so he can later come back and say, "OK, we tried it your way, so now it back to using our bombs, A-10s, Abrahms tanks, B2's and the 10 Mtn Division to do our talking....

You really are clueless.

I will give you an example of what leadership is.

During the first Gulf War, Bush Sr. got on the phone and got everyone to contribue even the Japanese. As a result the first Gulf War costs us only a few billion dollars.

During the invasion of Iraq, Bush-Cheney insulted our allies, waged war alone, and it cost us hundreds of billions of dollars.

So the Wall Street Journal is now a "fringe" publication?. If that's true the NYT must be a left wing fringe newspaper. And yeah, NK was so scared by Obama's rhetoric on the missile launch that they immediately scrubbed the test right?

And if you learned to use the quote fuction, your posts would be easier to follow.

And, really, you haven't been here long enough to assume I am a republican as you so obviously do.

Last edited:

Strength is when you re-regulate the markets, get out of Iraq, and move toward clean energy.

That's just funny.

I never supported the Iraq war. It was a bad idea but that said since our esteemed politicians, both repudlican and dimocrat voted to go. You cannot place all the blame on GW and since the war was approved by congress we at least have the responsibility to leave Iraq in basically the same shape it was in before the invasion.

But you do know that GW never signed any deregulation into law don't you?

And don't be naive about green energy. Obama's cap and trade tax scheme will bankrupt this country. And running up a 12 trillion dollar deficit is not what I would call a good idea.

Diplomacy and foreign relations are one thing, but you don't insult your own country and its citizens in the process. That is not leadership.

It's also called investment in America's future, which is going to cost MONEY at the outset. Republicans seem to think we can accomplish all of the above without spending and with tax cuts.

Strength is when you re-regulate the markets, get out of Afghanistan, and move toward clean energy.

We won the Iraq war. They are now a functioning democracy ready to take on their own security, instead of a brutal dictatorship.

We leave Iraq because we won, so now most of those troops are heading towards Iraq. We have no meaningful new regulation that matters. Most the market mechanics are still well beyond federal regulators, because most of it resides in Asia, Caymens, Gulf Oil states who could care less what we think...

And what consensus? Obama wanted massive European stimulus and got none. He wanted united commitment against Iran, he got none, and wanted major troop commitments to Afghanistan and he got NONE! So what "consensus"???? Clapping ignorant masses on the streets are useless, the LEADERS just smiled at him until he left....

What you're missing in your logic (last paragraph) is that the G-20 conference didn't involve sitting down at the negotiating table to achieve those respective goals you list. None of the countries flat out said NO to anything. These were simply proposed outlines presented as a way to engage all of the major countries into common goals. Their respective leaderships will hereafter decide what to do. If you need an analogy, think of "pledging" a donation. Coming up with the actual dollar donation may, or may not, happen at all.

Just as with the demand for immediate action by Obama on everything else, you are expecting immediate action by global leaders? THINK!!!! It simply doesn't happen that way.

He has never ruled out the latter.

So the Wall Street Journal is now a "fringe" publication?. If that's true the NYT must be a left wing fringe newspaper. And yeah, NK was so scared by Obama's rhetoric on the missile launch that they immediately scrubbed the test right?

And if you learned to use the quote fuction, your posts would be easier to follow.

And, really, you haven't been here long enough to assume I am a republican as you so obviously do.

[Off topic, but I find the multi-quote function to be annoyingly cluttered if there is a response to each "box."] I prefer the copy/paste method as well sometimes.]

When the economy is still suckin' canal water in 2012, Obama will be voted out of power. Liberals will say: "Obama is a great President and he's such a nice guy. We overcame our racism by voting for the Black guy and we love Michelles' toned arms too, they're a great couple. But we need someone with a different skill set right now" and they'll nominate a different Liberal all the while commenting that they can vote for Obama again in the future. They will never admit that Obama had been a complete fuck-up. Just look at Jimmy Carter for proof of that.

Hey, that's what Major League ball clubs do when they fire their managers: "We enjoyed the time that Coach Smith was here and he did a great job, but we need to move in another direction. We wish Coach Smith well".

But if Coach Smith was so great, he'd still have the job.

Well PJ we will see when the terrorists figure out we have a paper tiger as a President, which they will, that we won't retaliate for an attack on our country and citizens. I suggest you read, Inside Gitmo, by Lieutenant Colonel Gordon Cucullu. It's scary these Islamic extremists are intent on destroying all freedom and murdering anyone they consider an infidel.

We haven't used a trillion in the Iraq war, Chrissy...get that through that pea brain of yours. Stop your lying...you liar!
Just what kind of regulations would you put in place, Chrissy?? A smart person wouldn't want to over regulate any industry...but, I doubt over regulation is even in your pea brain vocabulary.
Just who do you want to reestablish good relations with? Iran, Russia, China??? Try as you will, it just isn't going to happen. You can kiss their ass...probably what your for, but it still won't help.
Leadership is moving the country forward..I agree, but Obama keeps looking back. Until Obama starts talking about the goodwill, and nobility of this country, and not apologizing for this country, he is going to be viewed as weak. I wish he would start acting like the president of the greatest nation in the history of the world.

I was not polled, nor do I know anyone who has been polled, must be another of those left coasts polls.

Forum List

Back