Obama says

Maybe you need some political hack to care about you, but I don't. I will have less freedom when I have less money and I am going to have less money and worse health care because of this health care "crisis" that wasn't there.

You don't get it, nitwit.

Jeez, I said I was sorry, don't need to fly off the handle like that. BTW, did you know Andrew Jackson is most often credited as the founder of the modern Democratic party?

I didn't "fly off the handle". Just explaining things to ya.

Andrew Jackson was a real Democrat. These pusillanimous pissant prarie punks running our country are not real Democrats.

I agree. They're too moderate, almost like Republicans. The actual Republicans are extreme rightist ideologues. True Democrats? I can think of about 3.

You are a Jackson fan but prefer the contemporary GOP over contemporary Democrats? That's just silly.

h93836.jpg

...............waiting for it
Those work well on nice flat rivers. Now, if we could just get the ocean to stay flat....

Not to change the subject, but Obama did say other things. He telegraphed his boastful directive to be delivered to BP....like he has the constitutional authority to make BP do a damn thing. Shrimpers are not the only ones laughing their asses off.

Obama is using this crisis to expand government, obligate more taxes to the paying of federal wages, create more red tape and inefficient management of resources, further stifle the US production of oil with inane environmentalist concerns and continue on his Marxist path toward total ruination of the present American way of life.

IF I were BP and Obama came to me and told me I had to create an escrow account I'd give him a check for the $75M , the federally mandated cap, and turn the entire mess over to him.

Yep.. and let him spend all 75 million suing me. :lol:

Every time BO has an agenda it costs us more in money and loss of freedom. It sounds good and some people jump on his bandwagon, but we all know it is going to cost us plenty.

I'm feeling like we are watching a movie. This guy is not the real President. He's an actor playing a part. He instills absolutely no confidence. He hasn't got a clue except for his agenda and he will use any crisis to push his agenda. The "health crisis" for instance. That was all we heard during the debate. Now we hear nothing about a health crisis. If there is such a health crisis then why do we have to wait 4 years to implement this mess?

All of you BO supporters are nuts. Thank God he will be neutered this fall and he will be out in 2 more years.

I'm in a calm and altruistic mood tonight, so I will help you out, and I won't even call you a dimwit.

1. You have not lost any freedoms. Your taxes have stayed exactly the same or went down.
2. Certain aspects of the HCR are immediate, some are phased in over time. Take it to the healthcare forum.
3. If history is any lesson, the Republicans (who I assure you, give far less a fuck about you than Obama does) will win back some seats. They are not slated to win any majorities.
4. You're a dimwit GOD DAMN IT I did it again. Sorry about that.

1. flat lie, maybe income taxes haven't went up but other taxes have
2. You're correct, not the right forum but no benefits will be seen for 4 years
3. You are mistaken if you think ANY politician cares about you at all
4. Probably can't argue with you there

He is lying. When he signed the health care bill your taxes went up. All the money your company spends on your policy will now be counted as your income and you will be taxed on it. Yes and you lost the freedom to choose too. If you don't do what they tell you to do they will tax your ass.

Last edited:
Those work well on nice flat rivers. Now, if we could just get the ocean to stay flat....

Not to change the subject, but Obama did say other things. He telegraphed his boastful directive to be delivered to BP....like he has the constitutional authority to make BP do a damn thing. Shrimpers are not the only ones laughing their asses off.

Obama is using this crisis to expand government, obligate more taxes to the paying of federal wages, create more red tape and inefficient management of resources, further stifle the US production of oil with inane environmentalist concerns and continue on his Marxist path toward total ruination of the present American way of life.

IF I were BP and Obama came to me and told me I had to create an escrow account I'd give him a check for the $75M , the federally mandated cap, and turn the entire mess over to him.

Yep.. and let him spend all 75 million suing me. :lol:

Damn right and if he pushed me too hard I'd shut down US operations for about 30 days (and pay everyone their full salaries) and let him flounder around when gas suddenly jumped to $8/gal because of an oil shortage here.

Obama's hand isn't near as strong here as he would like to believe.

private industry will naturally work harded on finding an alternative to petroleum based propulsion when it becomes more economically advantageous to do so. If gas is at $6/gal, then a lot more alternatives become economically viable... and once they do, economies of scale will naturally bring down the cost of those alternatives even further.

They come economically feasible for who? The guy who is making $10/hr and driving a 10 year old car b/c that's the best he can afford while raising a family so he's stuck paying $6/GAL for gas while the rich toodle around feeling smug in their battery powered jet packs? What about that guy? FUCK HIM??? I though yall were the party of compassion?

IDOTS

are you really suggesting that gasoline at $8/gal does not make other energy sources more economically feasible? And do you not believe that, if a technology can become economically feasible at some marginal volume of production, that it cannot and will not become more affordable with the economies of scale kicking in with larger production?

why don't we make all rich demonRats put their money where their mouffs are and pay 40 bucks a gallon and leave the poor white people alone?

They come economically feasible for who? The guy who is making $10/hr and driving a 10 year old car b/c that's the best he can afford while raising a family so he's stuck paying $6/GAL for gas while the rich toodle around feeling smug in their battery powered jet packs? What about that guy? FUCK HIM??? I though yall were the party of compassion?

IDOTS

I have to quote this because you misspelled idiots. :lol:

But I might as well respond.

There are other sides to this than raising the price at the gas pump, which naturally fluctuates anyways. Investment in R&D is another side; as the technology becomes more efficient, as more of those "rich toodles" invest in these technologies, and other toodles use these technologies, then they would become cheaper than fossil fuels over the long term.

Long-term transition, not a short-term false dichotomy.

I think that private investment will continue to increase if the market gets clear signals of commitment from the government.

oops type, and a pet peeve of mine to.

But to address the real issue of your post. You really don't think the automakers are dumping HUGE sums of money into this already and that bankrupting Americans through gas taxes is the only way to make it happen? What good does a water powered car in 10 years do ANYONE if 90% of American can't afford to buy one because they have been bankrupted by an insane taxing structure on gasoline?

I see your point.

This talk about wind-powered cars is fun and all, but alternatives are mainly focused on energy infrastructure in the long term, with transportation being secondary.

Will energy prices increase relative to income in the long term? Yeah, I think so, regardless of whether we stick with fossil fuels or go to alternatives.

I have to quote this because you misspelled idiots. :lol:

But I might as well respond.

There are other sides to this than raising the price at the gas pump, which naturally fluctuates anyways. Investment in R&D is another side; as the technology becomes more efficient, as more of those "rich toodles" invest in these technologies, and other toodles use these technologies, then they would become cheaper than fossil fuels over the long term.

Long-term transition, not a short-term false dichotomy.

I think that private investment will continue to increase if the market gets clear signals of commitment from the government.

But to address the real issue of your post. You really don't think the automakers are dumping HUGE sums of money into this already and that bankrupting Americans through gas taxes is the only way to make it happen? What good does a water powered car in 10 years do ANYONE if 90% of American can't afford to buy one because they have been bankrupted by an insane taxing structure on gasoline?

I see your point.

This talk about wind-powered cars is fun and all, but alternatives are mainly focused on energy infrastructure in the long term, with transportation being secondary.

Will energy prices increase relative to income in the long term? Yeah, I think so, regardless of whether we stick with fossil fuels or go to alternatives.

Not eternally. Once fusion power comes to fruition, I think we're going to see some significant price drops, and a hindrance on innovation lifted beyond our wildest dreams...

ITER - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a damn good read, I actually read it a few years ago, it may have progressed further by now. If you are particularly into this sort of thing, be ready for a hour-plus wiki session following links, etc. Stuff like this blows my mind, I don't understand why they don't shift resources and get it done a whole lot faster.

IDOTS

are you really suggesting that gasoline at $8/gal does not make other energy sources more economically feasible? And do you not believe that, if a technology can become economically feasible at some marginal volume of production, that it cannot and will not become more affordable with the economies of scale kicking in with larger production?

why don't we make all rich demonRats put their money where their mouffs are and pay 40 bucks a gallon and leave the poor white people alone?

not just poor white people.

Seriously , it is easy to say man let's pay $8/gal for gasoline so that people are encouraged to go green IF you can afford $8/gal. Not so easy when you're struggling at $2.78/gal, or in the case of these stupid fucking politicians who probably haven't bought a gallon of gasoline in years.

I see your point.

Not eternally. Once fusion power comes to fruition, I think we're going to see some significant price drops, and a hindrance on innovation lifted beyond our wildest dreams...

It's a damn good read, I actually read it a few years ago, it may have progressed further by now. If you are particularly into this sort of thing, be ready for a hour-plus wiki session following links, etc. Stuff like this blows my mind, I don't understand why they don't shift resources and get it done a whole lot faster.

Ah, cool. I've heard of it, but wasn't aware of the advancements.

There's potential for these technologies, but I think the main obstacle is a lack of political will because of the potential short-term increase in prices for the end consumer. This will probably end up being an all-of-the-above scenario for the next few decades, but there's no doubt in my mind that by the time I'm cruising in a wheelchair with Life Alert around my neck, fossil fuels will be obsolete.

I see your point.

There's potential for these technologies, but I think the main obstacle is a lack of political will because of the potential short-term increase in prices for the end consumer. This will probably end up being an all-of-the-above scenario for the next few decades, but there's no doubt in my mind that by the time I'm cruising in a wheelchair with Life Alert around my neck, fossil fuels will be obsolete.

Man though, ITER's entire budget $5B conservatively, $10B on the high end... 1/200th or 1/100th tops of the military budget for one year in the US. Idk why I even torment myself thinking about that kind of thing though. :)

Man though, ITER's entire budget $5B conservatively, $10B on the high end... 1/200th or 1/100th tops of the military budget for one year in the US. Idk why I even torment myself thinking about that kind of thing though. :)

This is kind of old news from last year, but China is getting their shit together on that front. They're planning to build 28 additional plants by 2020. Here in the US, I don't think we've built one since the mid-90s

China to Build 28 More Nuclear Power Reactors by 2020 (Update2) - BusinessWeek

This is kind of old news from last year, but China is getting their shit together on that front. They're planning to build 28 additional plants by 2020. Here in the US, I don't think we've built one since the mid-90s

I'm all for nuclear, We need all of them we can get. But that doesn't address the main issue of who the cap and trade will KILL. Lower income Americans. Many of them can't even afford a decade old used hybrid, let alone a new one, so alternative energy does them no good, they are stuck paying $8/gal for gasoline so that assholes that live in houses like this

rosiegs_l.jpg

can brag to their friends that they switched to an environmentally friendly car.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Oh, and if the President were serious about not using so much oil, he would park this

Air_Force_One_over_Mt._Rushmore.jpg

I mean the sheer fucking arrogance of this liar in chief. Look here

Obamas fly chef 860 miles to the White House... just to make pizza | Mail Online

They don't have fucking pizza in Washington DC? I'm pretty sure they do , and someone who was concerned with the environment would not do anything so wasteful of our precious resources.

This is NOTHING but a money grab, plain and simple.

Every time BO has an agenda it costs us more in money and loss of freedom. It sounds good and some people jump on his bandwagon, but we all know it is going to cost us plenty.

I'm feeling like we are watching a movie. This guy is not the real President. He's an actor playing a part. He instills absolutely no confidence. He hasn't got a clue except for his agenda and he will use any crisis to push his agenda. The "health crisis" for instance. That was all we heard during the debate. Now we hear nothing about a health crisis. If there is such a health crisis then why do we have to wait 4 years to implement this mess?

All of you BO supporters are nuts. Thank God he will be neutered this fall and he will be out in 2 more years.

I'm in a calm and altruistic mood tonight, so I will help you out, and I won't even call you a dimwit.

1. You have not lost any freedoms. Your taxes have stayed exactly the same or went down.
2. Certain aspects of the HCR are immediate, some are phased in over time. Take it to the healthcare forum.
3. If history is any lesson, the Republicans (who I assure you, give far less a fuck about you than Obama does) will win back some seats. They are not slated to win any majorities.
4. You're a dimwit GOD DAMN IT I did it again. Sorry about that.

We let 3-Mile Island scare us away from nuclear power plants. We'd have been way ahead of this game we're playing with OPEC had we learned from it instead of creating fear in the minds of the public.

Why the US is not building cooling towers by the dozen each year is beyond me. I cannot imagine people so stupid.

The French have learned to recycle their nuclear waste and they generate something like 40% of their electricity needs with nuclear plants.

We should be building nuclear powered hospital ships and nuclear powered carriers...along with more nuclear powered submarines.

We should be building nuclear power plants up and down all major rivers.

In the mean time, we should be drilling in North Dakota, Alaska, shallow waters off shore, resume the deep water drilling and produce as much of our own oil as possible. Then maybe we wouldn't have to sit around and buy tanker after tanker of oil from countries that do not like us....countries that sit around and decide what the price of oil is going to be.

The following is still only my opinion. It is not debatable.

People who are against drilling for our own oil and against building our own nuclear power plants are by definition quite stupid. They simply do not get the picture.

Last edited:
I watched OL'BO on the tube last night. Can't say I was too impressed.

His speech was just what I thought it would be. A way to further his Crap and Trade bs.

Good luck with that one though.

Does anyone think the Dems would actually pass this bs bill?? I sure don't. Not with elections coming up in Nov. Hell. THe Dems look bad enough already. How good would they look if they passed this bill. After all. The companies won't be paying the costs of Crap and Trade. The comsumer will. With higher elctric costs and who knows what else.

His speech was a lot of noise. Just what I expected. Jeeze.

YOU LIE, Mr. President . . .
WASHINGTON — In assuring Americans that BP won’t control the compensation fund for Gulf oil spill recovery, President Barack Obama failed to mention that the government won’t control it, either.
That means it’s anyone’s guess whether the government can, in fact, make BP pay all costs related to the spill.
Obama aimed high in his prime-time Oval Office address Tuesday night — perhaps higher than the facts support and history teaches — as he vowed to restore livelihoods and nature from the still-unfolding calamity in the Gulf of Mexico.
A look at some of his statements and how they compare with those facts:
OBAMA: “We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused and we will do whatever’s necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy. … Tomorrow, I will meet with the chairman of BP and inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company’s recklessness. And this fund will not be controlled by BP. In order to ensure that all legitimate claims are paid out in a fair and timely manner, the account must and will be administered by an independent, third party.”
THE FACTS: An independent arbiter is no more bound to the government’s wishes than an oil company’s. In that sense, there is no certainty BP will be forced to make the Gulf economy whole again or that taxpayers are off the hook for the myriad costs associated with the spill or cleanup. The government can certainly press for that, using legislative and legal tools. But there are no guarantees and the past is not reassuring.
It took 20 years to sort through liability after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska, and in the end, punitive damages were slashed by the courts to about $500 million from $2.5 billion. Many people who had lost their livelihoods in the spill died without ever seeing a check.
. . .
OBAMA: Temporary measures will capture leaking oil “until the company finishes drilling a relief well later in the summer that is expected to stop the leak completely.”
THE FACTS: That’s the hope, but experts say the relief well runs the same risks that caused the original well to blow out. It potentially could create a worse spill if engineers were to accidentally damage the existing well or tear a hole in the undersea oil reservoir.
___
OBAMA: “From the very beginning of this crisis, the federal government has been in charge of the largest environmental cleanup effort in our nation’s history.”
THE FACTS: Early on, the government established a command center and put Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen in charge of coordinating the overall spill response. But officials also repeatedly have emphasized that BP was “responsible” and they have relied heavily on BP in making decisions from hiring cleanup workers to what oil dispersing chemicals to use. Local officials in the Gulf region have complained that often they don’t know who’s in charge _ the government or BP.
Read It All

Oh my God, he is doing it. He's using this oil spill to push Green Energy. God only knows where this is going.

Darn it all...just think...without an ecological disaster, there would be no reason to push solutions to ecological disasters.

Nice try except that Obama was clearly wanting Cap and Trade long before this disaster, so don't try to play it off like "oh man he doesn't want $8/gal gasoline but dammit this disaster, this crisis forced him to do it" we already heard that song about taking over GM.

Nobody said sever oil supply immediately, either. We're discussing a president who wants to shift additional focus to alternatives. Meanwhile you guys try to make it look ridiculous and make fun of his intentions with ridiculous satire like wind powered cars and hang-gliders in place of planes.

I don't think there is a God. If there is he's played a cruel joke on us.

BO is not God's fault. BO is the fault of a bunch of naive educated dummies who voted for him.

Jeez, I said I was sorry, don't need to fly off the handle like that. BTW, did you know Andrew Jackson is most often credited as the founder of the modern Democratic party?

I didn't "fly off the handle". Just explaining things to ya.

Andrew Jackson was a real Democrat. These pusillanimous pissant prarie punks running our country are not real Democrats.

I agree. They're too moderate, almost like Republicans. The actual Republicans are extreme rightist ideologues. True Democrats? I can think of about 3.

You are a Jackson fan but prefer the contemporary GOP over contemporary Democrats? That's just silly.

I never said I "prefer the contemporary GOP". You must be hearing voices. I'd get that checked out if I were you.

Forum List

Back