Obama says the private sector is "DOING JUST FINE" LMAO

Well, when you Repukes got through with us in 2009, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. Today, we are not gaining nearly enough jobs, but we are gaining. And the GDP is positive. That is better than the situation you left us in.

its 2012. wake up.......that shit is so over. go ahead run on that, I'll be waving when the messiah gets his helicopter ride back to hyde park.

Its 3 yeara in , 33 months after the recession ended ad we are at at sub 2% growth.....give me a break. I don't give a crap how the president is and what party ghes from if they had those numbers they go.....

The problem with you people this election cycle is that you are pushing all the same policies that put us into the recession in the first place. Kind of like if was really a stupid thing to do the first time, why is repeating it going to be less stupid?

reality, try it sometime.

I believe Obama thinks if he says it enough it will be true.. Because he sure repeats himself over and over and over and over .. Something like TM does LOL:lol::eusa_shifty:

Every tme obama says let me be clear, the next words out of his mouth is a lie.

Well, when you Repukes got through with us in 2009, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. Today, we are not gaining nearly enough jobs, but we are gaining. And the GDP is positive. That is better than the situation you left us in.

The problem with you people this election cycle is that you are pushing all the same policies that put us into the recession in the first place. Kind of like if was really a stupid thing to do the first time, why is repeating it going to be less stupid?

I know that's the progressive "party line", Old Rocks but it's getting almost comical at this point. The recession that hit us in 2007 was a team effort of both Democrats and Republicans. The whole notion of putting people into houses they couldn't afford by pressuring the banks to make sub prime loans that NEVER would have been even considered being made twenty years ago led to one of the great real estate bubbles of all time and a subsequent bursting of that bubble. Couple that idiocy with the lunacy of letting financial institutions bundle all those bad loans and sell them as "secure" with almost no money held in reserve to guarantee them...also a combined Democratic and Republican effort...and you've got the recipe for an economic melt down. That wasn't a Republican failing...that was a political failing of both parties. I know that you folks on the left LOVE to blame this all on W. but the truth is...he was one of the few warning ABOUT the situation and calling for change before the whole house of cards collapsed. Or have you forgotten about Barney Frank pooh poohing concerns about bad loans being written by Fannie and Freddie?

We've lost almost half a million public sector jobs in this cycle. That's half a million Americans who lose one job and have to find another.

We've lost almost half a million public sector jobs in this cycle. That's half a million Americans who lose one job and have to find another.

so ? and? how many private sector jobs have we lost?

and, there is no law that says the gov. must employee a certain number of people....of course in your mind there is no limit, which is exactly why you lost in Wisconsin...wake up.

obama has been non stop campaigning. Every once in a while he calls a press conference to tell the people what a superb job he is doing. He doesn't know what kind of job he's doing. He isn't doing any job, he's campaigning. Naturally he's going to get it wrong. He's so busy, he's clueless.

4 million jobs is laughable!! thats it? Sarah Jessica Parker,,,,are u that dumbfounded? and did u forget the mention Obama's debt and defecit in your ad?

Actually, 4 million jobs is exactly the same amount as Reagan saw in his first 3 years of office...

Food for thought.

The difference being...Reagan was in the process of bringing us out of the Stagflation he inherited from Jimmy Carter. The Fed tightened up the money supply drastically and that led to higher levels of unemployment. Now contrast that with what Obama has done since HE took office. He's had the Fed keep interest rates as low as possible trying to stimulate economic growth and lower unemployment...yet both have remained stagnant. By the end of Reagan's 3rd year the economy took off and started growing in a big way because he'd done the hard work to turn it around. Anyone here think that's about to happen now?

Job creation is the lowest of any recovery,not even enough to absorb the growing labor force.

Because public sector job losses are offsetting private sector job gains.

What the hell did you people think was going to happen when your entire party platform consists of "shrinking government"?

Major companies have lots of money in the bank because they cannot invest it in new products and equipment because they cannot price those investments.

What?

Small companies are going out of business. Major investment has shifted to overseas, where there is a more stable legal system and economy.

There's a "more stable legal system in India, China and Singapore?

What have you been smoking exactly? I want some.

Investment has shifted overseas because corporations have no sense of patriotism, and are taking their jobs to countries where they can pay workers 20 cents an hour.

But even with all those jobs being sent overseas, there is still a net surplus in the private sector in the US, and has been for some time.

Austerity measures in the states, and a withdrawal of federal funding to the states, is offsetting those numbers.

Which is exactly the point the President was making.

Frankly this will go down as the biggest embarassment of Obama's administration. I liked Jindal's comment: Obama is so removed from the private sector he needs a passport to get there.

Perhaps to right-wingers, who are immersed in their own bubble world where "the private sector" means the same thing as "the economy".

so ? and? how many private sector jobs have we lost?

and, there is no law that says the gov. must employee a certain number of people....of course in your mind there is no limit, which is exactly why you lost in Wisconsin...wake up.

Don't lie about what I believe. Act like an adult for once in your wretched existence.

obama has been non stop campaigning. Every once in a while he calls a press conference to tell the people what a superb job he is doing. He doesn't know what kind of job he's doing. He isn't doing any job, he's campaigning. Naturally he's going to get it wrong. He's so busy, he's clueless.

good blurb I saw on this-

"If you are president of the United States and you don't have anything to say, don't have a press conference to say it. If you're the president of the United States and by Thursday it's widely believed you've had one of the worst weeks of your presidency, take Friday off, and specifically avoid having a press conference."

‘Uhhh,’ the president’s ‘uhhh’ press conference was ‘uhhh’ terrible - The Insiders - The Washington Post

Forum List

Back