Obama says the private sector is "DOING JUST FINE" LMAO

His point, clear to anyone who understands English, is that private sector jobs are growing and the big drag on employment are state and local government layoffs. It's also a point that happens to be true.

That is not what he said. That is your broad interpretation of what he said.....really broad.
Period.

Soo... far be it from me to break in on this bubble fest, but...

Has private sector hiring not increased every month for the last 2 1/2 years?

Has public sector hiring not decreased for almost every month over that time period?

Have corporate profits not dramatically increased?

Has GDP not increased at a pretty good clip over that time period?

Did the DJIA fall back beneath 7000 while I had my head turned?

So, I'm not really seeing where what he said was incorrect here.

Perhaps you can help me.

As far as I can see, the only reason unemployment is still at 8.2 percent is that so many people have been laid off in the public sector.

public sector jobs are the driving forces behind bankrupting the states. Hello

Soo... far be it from me to break in on this bubble fest, but...

Has private sector hiring not increased every month for the last 2 1/2 years?

Has public sector hiring not decreased for almost every month over that time period?

Have corporate profits not dramatically increased?

Has GDP not increased at a pretty good clip over that time period?

Did the DJIA fall back beneath 7000 while I had my head turned?

So, I'm not really seeing where what he said was incorrect here.

Perhaps you can help me.

As far as I can see, the only reason unemployment is still at 8.2 percent is that so many people have been laid off in the public sector.

And public sector jobs need to stay gone. Those people need to find jobs in the private sector. In case you hadnt noticed we are near bankruptcy and can no longer afford to grow the govt sector. Walker gave you guys a solution and you spit in his face.

And public sector jobs need to stay gone. Those people need to find jobs in the private sector. In case you hadnt noticed we are near bankruptcy and can no longer afford to grow the govt sector. Walker gave you guys a solution and you spit in his face.

Whether they need to "stay gone" or not is not the point.

The point is that they are gone, and therefore unemployment has stayed high.

Private Sector jobs have been rising steadily since about Feb 2010.

Which was his point.

If you want to complain about unemployment, then you must acknowledge what is causing said unemployment.

Whether they need to "stay gone" or not is not the point.

The point is that they are gone, and therefore unemployment has stayed high.

Private Sector jobs have been rising steadily since about Feb 2010.

Which was his point.

If you want to complain about unemployment, then you must acknowledge what is causing said unemployment.

Mistrust of Obama and his policies plays a large role in why we are stagnant. Admit it or not, I dont care.

Actually, the reason why the states suddenly went bankrupt is that tax revenues suddenly dried up thanks to the economic collapse.

And they have been firing their employees ever since.

Are you going to blame Obama for the economic meltdown now too?

Actually, the reason why the states suddenly went bankrupt is that tax revenues suddenly dried up thanks to the economic collapse.

No, but I will partially blame him for this shitty recovery.

Mistrust of Obama and his policies plays a large role in why we are stagnant. Admit it or not, I dont care.

I will admit that at many points, Obama has shown a lack of leadership which has had quite a negative effect.

But "a large role in why we are stagnant"? We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

There are many, many factors as to why our economy is stagnant, and, honestly, few of them have to do with presidential policy.

No, but I will partially blame him for this shitty recovery.

Fair enough. He was in charge, after all.

I there not a clear difference between "the private sector" and "the economy" as a whole?

Is there something I'm not seeing here that makes this a "flip-flop"?

Are corporate profits not in fact higher than they've ever been?

Is wall Street not up over 6K points since Obama took office?

Has private sector hiring not steadily grown?

Last edited:
I there not a clear difference between "the private sector" and "the economy" as a whole?

Is there something I'm not seeing here that makes this a "flip-flop"?

Are corporate profits not in fact higher than they've ever been?

Is wall Street not up over 6K points since Obama took office?

Has private sector hiring not steadily grown?

The left constantly says the 99% are suffering. So which is it? And I'd also like to point out wallstreet is not main street.

My business while rebounding is still lagging far behind where it was in 08.

Obama is a buffoon

$808c8bfb3e232b2147569191e2e1b0b9.jpg

$lame2.gif

$4042477862.gif

The left constantly says the 99% are suffering. So which is it? And I'd also like to point out wallstreet is not main street.

My business while rebounding is still lagging far behind where it was in 08.

Ahh, those are good points.

Points that have more to do with income inequality than the state of the private sector economy.

Also about huge multinational corporations pushing the little guys out of business.

You may want to talk to Congress about that. Tell them to change international trade laws so WalMart stops taking over main street.

Forum List

Back