Obama: Say One Term Is Enough

Mar 5, 2009
Admittedly, I never was a fan of President Obama, either as a candidate or now as president. I always suspected, based on his dependence on corporate money and his lackluster career as a state and US senator that he would, ultimately, prove to be a big disappointment to the millions of Democrats, liberals, progressives and independents that fell for his slick rhetoric. He has always been too much a part of the two-party plutocracy to ever be a true reformer. Here are some of the main reasons that he should cut his ties to corporate and political elites, announce that he will not run for reelection and, instead, become the populist, reformist president the nation desperately needs:

Please read the rest of my article at:

:clap2:

Admittedly, I never was a fan of President Obama, either as a candidate or now as president. I always suspected, based on his dependence on corporate money and his lackluster career as a state and US senator that he would, ultimately, prove to be a big disappointment to the millions of Democrats, liberals, progressives and independents that fell for his slick rhetoric. He has always been too much a part of the two-party plutocracy to ever be a true reformer. Here are some of the main reasons that he should cut his ties to corporate and political elites, announce that he will not run for reelection and, instead, become the populist, reformist president the nation desperately needs:

Please read the rest of my article at:

:clap2:

A pretty good article, and I'm glad you posted it.

I'll give you a rep in a moment.

And if you don't mind I'd like to twist the thread a bit, from 'he shouldn't run,' to why he will have a second term
1. This guy is an amazing speaker.

2. Many Americans are too busy to study the landscape the way we do it here on the board, and will be swayed by his speaking ability.

3. Form and substance are too often confused- or is that the same as #2?

4. Check out the number of anti-Obama folks who are interested in a third party: this would insure a second term.

5. Republicans can only win if Americans are wise enough to vote ideas instead of personalities, and the Repubs don't have as charming a candidate as President Obama.

So, the President would be silly not to pick up all the marbles, as they will be just sitting there.

The big hope is taking back the House in '10.

That's my 2 cents.

6. Republicans don't have a candidate who is worth a spit

Unfortunately neither does the Democratic Party or Libertarians or Greens...

Truly no one is able to face what must be faced. The people do, so... who will step up and listen to what they want?

That is who will win. If no one does, be careful what you wish for.

Truly no one is able to face what must be faced. The people do, so... who will step up and listen to what they want?

Democrats have President Obama and also Hillary who are highly electable

Republicans do not have a single candidate capable of winning a general election

10 months into the Obama presidency with a horrible recession in place when he took office and some are already writing the guy off?

A fan of Obama I am not, however this appears to be fearmongering partisan politics to write him off at this time for a second term.

When the time comes I will look back at his performance and compare it to his opponents and vote to the best of my ability for the one I feel is least destructive to my country.

WingyDingy: Love it when you puke out your opinion. Then, people who don't have the time to do the research, but are rational, simply go the opposite way.

In my case, I can't resist clobbering a Political Idiot.....after I do the research, and go the other way.

10 months into the Obama presidency with a horrible recession in place when he took office and some are already writing the guy off?

A fan of Obama I am not, however this appears to be fearmongering partisan politics to write him off at this time for a second term.

When the time comes I will look back at his performance and compare it to his opponents and vote to the best of my ability for the one I feel is least destructive to my country.

Commienutjob, Dya think that anyone wants to know the opinion of a whacked out self admitted commie ?

Ya know, they might. Just to pull the same move against you as they would against WingyDingy.

Commienutjob, Dya think that anyone wants to know the opinion of a whacked out self admitted commie ?

Ya know, they might. Just to pull the same move against you as they would against WingyDingy.

that is Conservative Communist to you bub.

If Obama doesnt run again Sarah still cant win.

I still cant figure out why Rs love their candidates to be stupid and uninformed and only want them to look good in jeans and spout stupid shit like "drill baby drill" or "I'm the decider".

If Obama doesnt run again Sarah still cant win.

I still cant figure out why Rs love their candidates to be stupid and uninformed and only want them to look good in jeans and spout stupid shit like "drill baby drill" or "I'm the decider".

I don't think that represents all (or even a majority of) Republicans. Just like silly, empty rhetoric from the left doesn't represent all (or even a majority of) Democrats.

But there certainly are elements in both parties who just gobble up that crap.

Republicans do not have a single candidate capable of winning a general election

I believe you are forgetting Sarah Palin. She is MORE than qualilfied to be POTUS. Just ask her.

I believe you are forgetting Sarah Palin. She is MORE than qualilfied to be POTUS. Just ask her.

OH yes--She can properly fold an American Flag!! That is what I call Presidential material!!

Forum List

Back