Obama Represents, All The People ?

How can anyone honestly believe that Obama is a bipartisan President? :cuckoo:

Why should he be?

That's what he said he would be in his campaign!!!! Are you now saying he lied to get votes and it's OK to completely ignore the opposition?

A man's word is his bond. If his word is not worth anything then neither is he.

He said he'd have a bi-partisan approach, work with the 'other' side, etc., and he's tried. My question is why should he?

As far as ignoring the opposition? I guess I have no problem with him saying, "here's what we want to do" and asking for their input. Once. If the other party/opposition simply wants to stop his initiatives, fuck 'em. He (and the Congressional Democrats) have spent far too much time worrying about what the Rs are going to say and do.

Maybe, possibly, who knows but if Obama graced Fox News and started representing their viewer ship his numbers just might change. In the meantime his poll number for representing All the American people remain on the low, low.

:hellno:

(Rasmussen Reports)
Just 30% of U.S. voters now think President Obama is governing in a bipartisan fashion, down 12 points from late January and the lowest such finding of his presidency.

30% Say Obama Is A Bipartisan President - Rasmussen Reports™

:popcorn:

If Foxnews viewers want to see and hear the president, they can change the channel. Or have someone show them how that works.

Why should he be?

That's what he said he would be in his campaign!!!! Are you now saying he lied to get votes and it's OK to completely ignore the opposition?

He said he'd have a bi-partisan approach, work with the 'other' side, etc., and he's tried. My question is why should he?

As far as ignoring the opposition? I guess I have no problem with him saying, "here's what we want to do" and asking for their input. Once. If the other party/opposition simply wants to stop his initiatives, fuck 'em. He (and the Congressional Democrats) have spent far too much time worrying about what the Rs are going to say and do.

Please tell me how he tried to govern from the center.

And please....do not say he wanted to include the republican party in the healthcare debate but they only wanted to block it.

Being bipartisan means incorporating ideas fromn both sides of the aisle...not incoporating one side and saying to the other side "vote yes or you are not allowing me to be bi partisan."

Maybe when FoxNews starts representing all Americans

News is supposed to represent people?

They report...they do not represent.

What percent of Foxnews' programming is 'reporting'?

7AM to 9AM is a morning show...as with most, not news reporting
9AM to 4PM is ALL news reporting.
4-5 is busness news reporting
5-6 is commentary programming
6-8 is news reporting
8-11 is slated for commentary programming.

This being said...out of 16 hours a day, 9 of them is strictly news reporting, one is business news and 5 are commentary programs.

So about 56% is news reporting.

And not one single commentary propgram is advertised as news.

I never said that. I think he's too concerned about how the right will react. Pfft. He's liberal, he should govern like one.

I never said that. I think he's too concerned about how the right will react. Pfft. He's liberal, he should govern like one.

Actually, your post said that he tried to be bi-partisan....but I do not see when that happened....thus why I asked when he did.

Actually, your post said that he tried to be bi-partisan....but I do not see when that happened....thus why I asked when he did.

Here are a couple of articles that lay it out nicely:

Obama's Bipartisan Triumphs - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: What Would a "Bipartisan" Obama Look Like? (Hint: A Lot Like the One We're Seeing)

Maybe when FoxNews starts representing all Americans

And what % of CNN's is??

Now when it comes down to commentary shows and whatever.. fine... but don't call it news... on the actual news broadcasts, Fox is indeed pretty darn center based... I don't care what Hannity or whatever has on their shows as long as it is not listed as news

And what % of CNN's is??

Now when it comes down to commentary shows and whatever.. fine... but don't call it news... on the actual news broadcasts, Fox is indeed pretty darn center based... I don't care what Hannity or whatever has on their shows as long as it is not listed as news

It seems many on the left have a very similar trait as the white house...they cannot discerne between a news program and a commentary program.

I wonder what would have happened if Bush whined about Rachel Maddow and the inacccuracies in her "news reporting"

The bias in news coverage comes mainly from whose quotes you choose to broadcast. Do you quote people who are critical of Democrats, far left, moderates, Republicans, or the far right?? In what percentages?
Like I said - do the math yourself - pad, pen and a fair accounting.

The President (or White House staff) shouldn't even get into that crap.

No...they shouldn't.
And they are smart enough to know it.
So why are they?

As I said earlier...the only President I am aware of that did it was Nixon.
But they, too, were smart enough to know they shouldnt...but they did anyway.

But then again...they had something to hide.

Hmmmm....

The bias in news coverage comes mainly from whose quotes you choose to broadcast. Do you quote people who are critical of Democrats, far left, moderates, Republicans, or the far right?? In what percentages?

You are correct.

When was the last time NBC had both a democrat and a republican on offering views of an issue?

Fox does it EVERY TIME as a rule.

You are correct.

When was the last time NBC had both a democrat and a republican on offering views of an issue?

We can allow this disagree to proliferate through every thread I guess. But I've done my own fair-minded tally - I trust it. I encourage others who are interested in getting a truly fair and balanced view to do the same.

You are correct.

We can allow this disagree to proliferate through every thread I guess. But I've done my own fair-minded tally - I trust it. I encourage others who are interested in getting a truly fair and balanced view to do the same.

I watch Fox news during the day as I have it on in my office.
I watch NBC news at dinnertime, (My sons teacher insists they watch NBC news every night)...
Sorry...I see a big difference in coverage. According to NBC news...it seems the war in A-stan ended on 1-20-09...seems no one has died there since 1-20-09.....it seems that NO ONE showed up for the tea parties....and the Acorn scandal was a right wing conspiracy and thus why was not treated as a story.

On Fox news, I hear all about sanfords affair, all about the guy who brought his gun to a rally.....as well as the death toll in A-stan, the acorn scandal, etc.

Try it...you will like hearing ALL of the news.

Obama is correctly and competently punish Faux News. Move on.

Why? Have they lied about him?

If so...please tell me when.

You will not be able to, so dont even try.

But even if they did...the fact that you feel Obama should punish them and not let the people punish them by not watching them is something even YOU need to think about.

You are correct.

I watch NBC news at dinnertime, (My sons teacher insists they watch NBC news every night)...
Sorry...I see a big difference in coverage. According to NBC news...it seems the war in A-stan ended on 1-20-09...seems no one has died there since 1-20-09.....it seems that NO ONE showed up for the tea parties....and the Acorn scandal was a right wing conspiracy and thus why was not treated as a story.

On Fox news, I hear all about sanfords affair, all about the guy who brought his gun to a rally.....as well as the death toll in A-stan, the acorn scandal, etc.

I have tried it - and I rejected only hearing one - highly biased view point.
The only people who cannot admit the bias are those who share the bias.

Last edited:

I have tried it - and I rejected only hearing one - highly biased view point.
The only people who caqnnot admit the bias are those who share the bias.

On the news....or on a commentator's program?

Forum List

Back