Wexler to resign

"U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler, the fiercely liberal lawmaker from South Florida, is expected to announce today that he is giving up his seat to take a public policy position dealing with the Middle East.

Wexler has scheduled a news conference this morning in Boca Raton. His office did not confirm any plans but Wexler had been calling close friends Tuesday to tell them the news.
If he does leave before his current term is up in November 2010, a special election would be held to fill the seat.
First elected in 1996, Wexler has enjoyed immense popularity in his district...
<snip>

"I certainly have no immediate plans to do anything other than continue in the job I love, which is a member of Congress representing Broward and Palm Beach counties," he told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel."

U.S. Rep. Wexler expected to step down from South Florida seat - St. Petersburg Times

*phew*

who did he screw?

He's a dem it wouldnt matter.

That's why Eliot Spitzer resigned with John Ensign and David "Diapers" Vitter still sit in office ...

Spitzer resigned because he was gonna get charged with a crime. Lets talk about how a certain Congressman from Louisiana was almost promoted before being charged, shall we? The democrats have a long history of not only not resigning when caught but being reelected and cheered as heros for being crooks and fucking interns.

"I certainly have no immediate plans to do anything other than continue in the job I love, which is a member of Congress representing Broward and Palm Beach counties" -Wexler.

He's a moonbat and now he is a quitter too.

How long will we have to wait until libs denounce him as a quitter?

The name doesn't matter.

It's that little 'D' after his name that makes all the difference in the world.

Forum List

Back