Obama/Reagan -- a study...

I don't know. It's a progressive disease and to be fair I don't think it played a huge role in Reagan's decision making process.

The deisease he had progresses slowly and for that reason I do believe some of his more contrversial decisions that I feel were "odd" may have been because of his mental illness.

What decisions specifically did you...

To further confirm this, please read the attached letter Reagan shared with the nation following his diagnosis. In it we all once again were witness to the depths of grace and dignity that marked this great man. A self-assured intelligence that held close the simple principles of freedom and self-determination that are the foundations of the best of American Life.

Ronald Reagan's Farewell Letter To The Nation
Your unabshed adoration of such a simple and---ahem---great man is pathetic.

Witness as good an example of a sycophantic acolyte of Ronald Smoke and Mirrors Reagan, and his policies...were witness to the depths of grace and dignity that marked this great man. A self-assured intelligence that held close the simple principles of freedom and self-determination that are the foundations of the best of American Life....anyone will ever witness.

It has been said that Obama studied the Reagan handbook and admired Reagans skill at governing---some would call it manipulating. hmmmm,

what did Reagan do? I say he got blue collar Dems and others to vote identity over self-interest. What is Obama doing...copying Reagan? I say yes, Obama is getting many a progressive and liberal and others to vote/go along with a sense of belonging---identity--- over self-interest.

:eusa_whistle:

Obama is much brighter than Reagan. Reagan was a figurehead, a script reader, very lazy and had no ideas. He was much more like your other party leader, Rush Limbaugh.

Obama is substantive, thoughtful, very smart, and has a lot of energy. He is his own man and unique so quit trying to take credit for him.

I'm sorry. Could you repeat that? It was hard to hear you with your lips superglued to Obama's ass cheek.

The point being that by taking an biased source for clips of an unrepresentative sample you can somehow make some point?

What do you say we do a statistically meaningful examination and look at voters with advanced education degrees and compare the percentage that voted Obama vs. McCain?

one could do the same do a statistically meaningful examination and look at voters with advanced education degrees, with people throughout history who've voted for fascist governments and/or for racist and genocidal policies. do not ever underestimate the gullibility and stupidity of educated people with eduaxcational degrees---advanced or otherwise. :lol:

The Bell Curve is a controversial, best-selling 1994 book by the late Harvard psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and American Enterprise Institute political scientist Charles Murray
eugenics anyone?
The modern field and term were first formulated by Sir Francis Galton in 1883,[10] drawing on the recent work of his cousin Charles Darwin. From its inception eugenics was supported by prominent people, including Margaret Sanger, H. G. Wells, Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, Emile Zola, George Bernard Shaw, John Maynard Keynes, William Keith Kellogg, Winston Churchill, and Sidney Webb.[11][12][13] Its most infamous proponent and practitioner was however Adolf Hitler who praised and incorporated Eugenic ideas in Mein Kampf, and emulated Eugenic legislation for the sterilization of "defectives" that had been pioneered in the United States.[14]
-Eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What you 'believe' is irrelevant... for you posted no fact whatsoever... sounds just like the bullshit claims of Obama being "the President with the highest IQ ever" or that W Bush had the lowest IQ ever...

And as Sinatra stated... Reagan's accomplishments are a record of fact. And to say the man had no ideas is about as preposterous as anything I have ever seen written on this board, and that is saying a lot

Here's a quick review of the Reagan years, links to factual info at the site:

Ronald Reagan - The Bonzo Years

For those of us who lived (and paid attention) during the Reagan years, life was interesting. What would that wacky, happy guy say or do next? Would he embarrass the country by falling asleep at an international summit? Would he show us some more pie charts while increasing the national debt? Would he allow junk bond kings to destroy entire communities while downsizing fever ruined countless lives?

All this and more. Every day was a new experience, a new challenge to see just how much the American public would take. Of course, the answer (as provided by his next two successors) is: just about anything. Not to pick on the ol' Gipper, but the clips below are a matter of public record. Take a walk down memory lane and remind yourself of why future historians will look back on the Reagan Error and say: "Where was the rest of him?"

Some people may find the following funny, others may find it painful. As there's quite a bit of stuff here, please feel free to use the following links to jump to the year of your choice. Listed are just a couple of "highlights" from each year.

Ronald Reagan - The Bonzo President

Reagan worship is misplaced, imo. You all keep saying we worship Obama so much, it isn't that as much as we're attempting to stop you all from comparing any of yours to ours and actually feeling superior.

You know, the Internet has several dictionaries where you can look up the word "factual", because you clearly have no clue what it means.

Here's a quick review of the Reagan years, links to factual info at the site:

Reagan worship is misplaced, imo. You all keep saying we worship Obama so much, it isn't that as much as we're attempting to stop you all from comparing any of yours to ours and actually feeling superior.

A little home made amateur whack-job site... priceless

Goes to show why you have your 'belief' in things that are not based in fact

Nobody is saying to worship Reagan... I'm not even saying that you as a far lefty should 'like' his accomplishments... but he has a long list of actual accomplishments, and to say otherwise simply points out extreme partisanship

That site has been there for at least 10 years. It is factual, but way to minimize anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Good you're not saying to worship Reagan, I'm not saying to worship Obama either but it always seems to bother you on the Right whenever Obama is mentioned at all.

How long was Art Bell on the radio, telling us that space aliens were beaming messages into the fillings in his teeth? Longevity doesn't make insanity any more sane, and it doesn't make bullshit fact.

You may not be saying WE should worship Obama, but you're sure as hell saying YOU do.

It has been said that Obama studied the Reagan handbook and admired Reagans skill at governing---some would call it manipulating. hmmmm,

what did Reagan do? I say he got blue collar Dems and others to vote identity over self-interest. What is Obama doing...copying Reagan? I say yes, Obama is getting many a progressive and liberal and others to vote/go along with a sense of belonging---identity--- over self-interest.

:eusa_whistle:

Obama is much brighter than Reagan. Reagan was a figurehead, a script reader, very lazy and had no ideas. He was much more like your other party leader, Rush Limbaugh.

Obama is substantive, thoughtful, very smart, and has a lot of energy. He is his own man and unique so quit trying to take credit for him.

I'm sorry. Could you repeat that? It was hard to hear you with your lips superglued to Obama's ass cheek.

As a liberal I am embarrassed by progressive Obama-bum-kissers who like the Reaganites, have no problem publicly expressing such unabashed idiocy mixed with adoration. I am embarrassed because like the neo-cons who pose as conservatives...many progressive ass kissers pose as liberals.

sigh

That site has been there for at least 10 years. It is factual, but way to minimize anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Good you're not saying to worship Reagan, I'm not saying to worship Obama either but it always seems to bother you on the Right whenever Obama is mentioned at all.

so has the onion. :lol::lol:

Yes, so has the Onion. The Bonzo site is pretty good, just saying that it is all lies and comedy doesn't make it so.

"Pretty good" apparently equals "says all the things I want to hear".

MaggieMae:
To sum up the debate over all 3 of those major issues, both Republicans and Democrats have had decades to improve upon them but have done nothing of any significance that could be considered "progress." Without a healthy citizenry, without an educated citizenry, we cannot begin to tackle the other major problems that are coming at us fast and furious these days. It's that simple.

Kindly explain, then, why Obama (in his own words) has so much on his plate right now, and isn't concentrating / focusing on his (in his own words) priority list -- in order?
Give the democrats some some credit...they tried. The modern GOP has been nothing but a party of obstruction since 1992.

The point being that by taking an biased source for clips of an unrepresentative sample you can somehow make some point?

What do you say we do a statistically meaningful examination and look at voters with advanced education degrees and compare the percentage that voted Obama vs. McCain?

one could do the same do a statistically meaningful examination and look at voters with advanced education degrees, with people throughout history who've voted for fascist governments and/or for racist and genocidal policies. do not ever underestimate the gullibility and stupidity of educated people with eduaxcational degrees---advanced or otherwise. :lol:

The Bell Curve is a controversial, best-selling 1994 book by the late Harvard psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and American Enterprise Institute political scientist Charles Murray
eugenics anyone?
The modern field and term were first formulated by Sir Francis Galton in 1883,[10] drawing on the recent work of his cousin Charles Darwin. From its inception eugenics was supported by prominent people, including Margaret Sanger, H. G. Wells, Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, Emile Zola, George Bernard Shaw, John Maynard Keynes, William Keith Kellogg, Winston Churchill, and Sidney Webb.[11][12][13] Its most infamous proponent and practitioner was however Adolf Hitler who praised and incorporated Eugenic ideas in Mein Kampf, and emulated Eugenic legislation for the sterilization of "defectives" that had been pioneered in the United States.[14]

I have a book you might be interested in. It's called "Intellectual Morons", and talks about specific stupid ideas and the snake-oil salesmen who promoted them and took in generations of the intellectual elite in this country. Most of them still do, in fact.

eugenics anyone?

I have a book you might be interested in. It's called "Intellectual Morons", and talks about specific stupid ideas and the snake-oil salesmen who promoted them and took in generations of the intellectual elite in this country. Most of them still do, in fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I luv IT!!! I am currently reading Michael Shermer(Michael Shermer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and his take on things.

Amazon.com: Intellectual Morons: How Ideology Makes Smart People Fall for Stupid Ideas: Daniel J. Flynn: Books

Last edited:
The historical facts remain - Reagan wrote chapters of American history.

He consistently ranks among the best Presidents of the 20th Century.

Obama has a loooooong way to go before he ascends to Reagan-like status. For now, he is more concerned with descending into the second term of Jimmy Carter.

Whether or not Obama succeeds as president remains to be seen...

eugenics anyone? -Eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I luv IT!!! I am currently reading Michael Shermer(Michael Shermer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and his take on things.

Amazon.com: Intellectual Morons: How Ideology Makes Smart People Fall for Stupid Ideas: Daniel J. Flynn: Books

The one I found most eye-opening was the section on Alfred Kinsey. It just stuns me that people still believe his "reports" to be any sort of factual account of general human sexuality.

Excerpt from the GOP Book of spin:

"The historical facts remain - Reagan wrote chapters of American history.He consistently ranks among the best Presidents of the 20th Century. Obama has a loooooong way to go before he ascends to Reagan-like status. For now, he is more concerned with descending into the second term of Jimmy Carter..."

Excerpt from the GOP Book of spin:

"The historical facts remain - Reagan wrote chapters of American history.He consistently ranks among the best Presidents of the 20th Century. Obama has a loooooong way to go before he ascends to Reagan-like status. For now, he is more concerned with descending into the second term of Jimmy Carter..."

This is rhetorical and not based on fact.

Sarah,

is there any GOP supporter who doesn't think Reagan was the "greatest" ? The man was actually quite dim witted and a pawn of big busniess. He destroyed the US economy and darn near destroyed the world with his insane nuclear threats.

Sarah,

is there any GOP supporter who doesn't think Reagan was the "greatest" ? The man was actually quite dim witted and a pawn of big busniess. He destroyed the US economy and darn near destroyed the world with his insane nuclear threats.

I had to put my 2 cents in on that one.

ronald_reagan_2012_bumper_sticker-p128400265241241368trl0_400.jpg

Forum List

Back