Obama/Reagan -- a study...

Ignorance is just too easy to spot...

You're position is throughly VOID of anything resembling reality; proving that you have absolutely NO knowledge of Ronald Reagan or the world changing history he lead us through.

really? I know a heck of a lot about Reagan. Some things I know from people who had to work with him (or pretend to be working with him as he was not ever really at work.) Reagan and his style of management...
WASHINGTON TALK; Did the Reagan Style of Management Fail Him?
By STEVEN V. ROBERTS
Published: Friday, March 6, 1987
Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Single-Page
Reprints
ShareClose
LinkedinDiggFacebookMixxMySpaceYahoo! BuzzPermalinkWas the Iran arms affair an ''aberration'' in the history of the Reagan Administration?
-washington-talk-did-the-reagan-style-of-management-fail-him.html

How long during his Presidency did Reagan have that mental disease? (Alzeimers)

You're position is throughly VOID of anything resembling reality; proving that you have absolutely NO knowledge of Ronald Reagan or the world changing history he lead us through.

really? I know a heck of a lot about Reagan. Some things I know from people who had to work with him (or pretend to be working with him as he was not ever really at work.) Reagan and his style of management...
By STEVEN V. ROBERTS
Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Single-Page
Reprints
ShareClose
LinkedinDiggFacebookMixxMySpaceYahoo! BuzzPermalinkWas the Iran arms affair an ''aberration'' in the history of the Reagan Administration?

Who were these people who "had" to work with Reagan you speak of? What years were they employed?

Please tell me the specific White House staff they were members of.

I will be happy to cross-reference that with my own data.

Thank you!

I don't know. It's a progressive disease and to be fair I don't think it played a huge role in Reagan's decision making process.

The deisease he had progresses slowly and for that reason I do believe some of his more contrversial decisions that I feel were "odd" may have been because of his mental illness.

I don't know. It's a progressive disease and to be fair I don't think it played a huge role in Reagan's decision making process.

The deisease he had progresses slowly and for that reason I do believe some of his more contrversial decisions that I feel were "odd" may have been because of his mental illness.

What decisions specifically did you find "odd"?

As to the specifics of Mr. Reagan's Alzheimers, he was not diagnosed until six years after leaving the White House. Doctors later disclosed that they had been monitoring Mr. Reagan as potentially developing the disease for the the year prior - and at the time of the initial diagnosis, Reagan was in "the initial stages" of the disease, meaning it was just beginning. The subsequent longevity of Reagan after this initial diagnosis would strengthen that medical assertion - which in turn reinforces the assertion that Reagan was NOT suffering from Alzheimers at any time during his presidency.

To further confirm this, please read the attached letter Reagan shared with the nation following his diagnosis. In it we all once again were witness to the depths of grace and dignity that marked this great man. A self-assured intelligence that held close the simple principles of freedom and self-determination that are the foundations of the best of American Life.

Ronald Reagan's Farewell Letter To The Nation

Sinatra,

If Reagan didnt suffer from the disease while President then he certainly had some other mental deficit. He was at times completely irrational.

Last edited:
Maybe not mentally unstable but he wasn't very bright. Nice man, he was definately loved by his supporters but he was a bumbler.

It has been said that Obama studied the Reagan handbook and admired Reagans skill at governing---some would call it manipulating. hmmmm,

what did Reagan do? I say he got blue collar Dems and others to vote identity over self-interest. What is Obama doing...copying Reagan? I say yes, Obama is getting many a progressive and liberal and others to vote/go along with a sense of belonging---identity--- over self-interest.

:eusa_whistle:

What he did, when it came to "the vote", was dazzle 'em with bullshit. Anyone of them who was actually challenged to answer what changes he would actually make and why they were necessary, and how they would be made, were speechless....

Here's an oldie but goodie, but it proves your point"

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

It has been said that Obama studied the Reagan handbook and admired Reagans skill at governing---some would call it manipulating. hmmmm,

what did Reagan do? I say he got blue collar Dems and others to vote identity over self-interest. What is Obama doing...copying Reagan? I say yes, Obama is getting many a progressive and liberal and others to vote/go along with a sense of belonging---identity--- over self-interest.

What he did, when it came to "the vote", was dazzle 'em with bullshit. Anyone of them who was actually challenged to answer what changes he would actually make and why they were necessary, and how they would be made, were speechless....

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The point being that by taking an biased source for clips of an unrepresentative sample you can somehow make some point?

What do you say we do a statistically meaningful examination and look at voters with advanced education degrees and compare the percentage that voted Obama vs. McCain?

Sinatra,

If Reagan didnt suffer from the disease while President then he certainly had some other mental deficit. He was at times completely irrational.

Huh?

How many clips do we have of Obama stumbling n bumbling? 57 states ring a bell? Or inflate your tires and get a tune up? Or admitting he was a Muslim before being corrected by Matt Lauer? Or reading the lines from the visiting dignitaries speech via his teleprompter? Or today once again fumbling the teleprompted message? And on and on and on...

So Obama suffers from a mental deficit?

Your logic is completely illogical...

Sinatra,

Please my son. There is no comparison between Obama and Reagan. Not only is Obama of Negro/Caucasian racial mixture he's alos intellectual, you know, he's smart ! Reagan on the otherhand...well I won't even go into it.

Sinatra,

Please my son. There is no comparison between Obama and Reagan. Not only is Obama of Negro/Caucasian racial mixture he's alos intellectual, you know, he's smart ! Reagan on the otherhand...well I won't even go into it.

What does Obama's mixed race have to do with anything?

Obama came from a background of relative privilege - Reagan was born to a poor alcoholic father who moved from town to town repeatedly.

As to intelligence, what evidence do you have for Obama being "smart"?

Reagan on the other hand, showed a mind able to grasp numerous complex issues and devolve them into easily understood themes - such was one of his greatest political attributes. It relegated his political competition to secondary players.

Now Obama may well rise to that level - something no president has been able to do since Reagan, but it is utter foolishness to suggest he has done so already.

I would suggest the following reading for you:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Reagan-His-Own-Hand-Revolutionary/dp/074320123X]Amazon.com: Reagan, In His Own Hand: The Writings of Ronald Reagan That Reveal His Revolutionary Vision for America: Ronald Reagan, Annelise Anderson, George P. Shultz, Martin Anderson: Books[/ame]

These are taken from Reagan's vast collections of handwritten entries on various political topics of the four years leading up to his being elected President of the United States. The text is at times astonishing in its scope - very similar to some of the writings of the Founding Fathers. There is a remarkable craft , where Reagan's passage of thought wraps itself around the topic in a way unmatched by say, an "intellectual" president such as Carter - who was to have known so much - but knew so little. (A play on a common remark describing Reagan.)

If you truly wish to better know and understand the history of your own nation, and specifically that of the Reagan era, this would be an excellent starting point to do so.

Good luck with your studies...

You were obviously born long after Ronald Reagan & have no memory of him. Obama & Ronald Reagan are polar opposites. Reagan believed is less government, less spending, & less taxes.

Obama believes in more government, more spending & eventually no matter how much you would like to deny it--higher taxes FOR EVERYONE. 5% of the nation aka the over 250K crowd cannot give the other 95% a tax break & pay for all this additional spending.

"Government is not the solution--it's the problem:" Ronald Reagan

How retarded do you have to be to believe that single most heavily regulated industry in America - the healthcare industry is unregulated. Why does everyone here thing the Feds are the only ones that do regulation?

The point being that by taking an biased source for clips of an unrepresentative sample you can somehow make some point?

What do you say we do a statistically meaningful examination and look at voters with advanced education degrees and compare the percentage that voted Obama vs. McCain?

Well, I'm waitin'

MaggieMae:
To sum up the debate over all 3 of those major issues, both Republicans and Democrats have had decades to improve upon them but have done nothing of any significance that could be considered "progress." Without a healthy citizenry, without an educated citizenry, we cannot begin to tackle the other major problems that are coming at us fast and furious these days. It's that simple.

Kindly explain, then, why Obama (in his own words) has so much on his plate right now, and isn't concentrating / focusing on his (in his own words) priority list -- in order?

Well, I'm waitin'

Voters with Postgraduate Study
Obama 58%
McCain 40%

United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Postgraduates overwhelmingly voted for Obama. But apparently the video of Obama voters didn't bother to interview any of them.

By STEVEN V. ROBERTS
Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Single-Page
Reprints
ShareClose

Who were these people who "had" to work with Reagan you speak of? What years were they employed?

Please tell me the specific White House staff they were members of.

I will be happy to cross-reference that with my own data.

Thank you!

"...had to work with him..." House Reps and staff. Hello, are you this stupid in real life?

You were obviously born long after Ronald Reagan & have no memory of him. Obama & Ronald Reagan are polar opposites. Reagan believed is less government, less spending, & less taxes.
and Reganb gave us more government, more spendingand more taxes...same as he did while Gov opf CA.

obviously you are a complete moron.

Obama believes in more government, more spending & eventually no matter how much you would like to deny it--higher taxes FOR EVERYONE. 5% of the nation aka the over 250K crowd cannot give the other 95% a tax break & pay for all this additional spending.

"Government is not the solution--it's the problem:" Ronald Reagan
Government IS NOT the problem...bad government is...witness the government of Reagan and W Bush.

thanks
:eek:

Forum List

Back