Obama reached out to Republicans, who left him with a handful of cancel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Nov 17, 2010.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,024
    [​IMG]

Once again, Obama reached out to Republicans who left him with a handful of cancel.

The right keeps saying that Obama never reaches out. He goes to their "retreat" and talks with them with NO teleprompter and freedom to discuss anything. He keeps saying he will work with them, from day one.

They vote against everything in a block. And even say their number one goal it to bring down his presidency. Over jobs, over suffering middle class Americans, over the deficit. Bringing him down is number one. I wonder what "number two" is?

I can't remember in my lifetime when the sitting President invited members of congress to the White House and they said, "Uh no, we are busy with OTHER plans".

So let's see. How will this be turned around as "Obama's fault". Or "It's Obama who is insulting the Republicans because he didn't check with their schedules first".

2. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Seriously.

How many times does Lucy have to pull the ball away from Charlie Brown before he realizes he's never going to get to kick that ball.

President Obama really should give up this asinine notion of "Bi-partisanship". I may not have liked President Bush's policies..but he had a fucking spine. It's really time to stop acting like a professor.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,666
    Elections have consequences. Maybe even more so after some are encouraged to punish their opposition or relegating them to the back seat. All in the spirit of bipartisan politics of course.

4. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,544
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifjRVLVjzA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Sounds like he is getting what he asked for, to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  5. Scaybeez

Scaybeez Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    One of the keys to understanding politics is being able to differentiate between what's election year bluster, designed to whip a party's base into acting, and what's actual policy. Clearly, Obama-in-action is not attempting to keep the Republicans in the back seat.

6. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    "Elections have consequences, and i won."- b. obama 2009

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUkVXi_S-iM[/ame]

:rofl:

7. Moon

Moon Why so serious?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    "If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder,"

Yeah, he's so bipartisan minded. The Republicans are just being meanies.

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Come on now. You are smarter than to believe the GOP actually wants to work with Obama on anything, right? Their #1 priority is to make Obama a one term President, per Mitch McConnell. The voters voted for gridlock, and gridlock they now have. Simple as that.

9. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,544
    That's a fine priority to me. Why would I want that Marxist to have the ability to fuck up our country for another four years with ramifications that will be felt for generations? He is ten times worse than George Bush.

10. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    Isn't OL'BO the guy who said he won??

Didn't he also tell the Reps to sit in the back and STFU??

Since he's lost his super majority he will have to work with the GOP. No choice. Unless he wants to be a lame duck for the next two years.

Oh wait. I forgot. He'll be running for Prez for the next two years.

Silly me. Ah well. It would be nice if he decided not to run for a second term but I don't see that happening.