Obama reached out to Republicans, who left him with a handful of cancel

R

rdean

canstock3189118.jpg

Once again, Obama reached out to Republicans who left him with a handful of cancel.

The right keeps saying that Obama never reaches out. He goes to their "retreat" and talks with them with NO teleprompter and freedom to discuss anything. He keeps saying he will work with them, from day one.

They vote against everything in a block. And even say their number one goal it to bring down his presidency. Over jobs, over suffering middle class Americans, over the deficit. Bringing him down is number one. I wonder what "number two" is?

I can't remember in my lifetime when the sitting President invited members of congress to the White House and they said, "Uh no, we are busy with OTHER plans".

So let's see. How will this be turned around as "Obama's fault". Or "It's Obama who is insulting the Republicans because he didn't check with their schedules first".

Seriously.

How many times does Lucy have to pull the ball away from Charlie Brown before he realizes he's never going to get to kick that ball.

President Obama really should give up this asinine notion of "Bi-partisanship". I may not have liked President Bush's policies..but he had a fucking spine. It's really time to stop acting like a professor.

Elections have consequences. Maybe even more so after some are encouraged to punish their opposition or relegating them to the back seat. All in the spirit of bipartisan politics of course.

Elections have consequences. Maybe even more so after some are encouraged to punish their opposition or relegating them to the back seat. All in the spirit of bipartisan politics of course.

One of the keys to understanding politics is being able to differentiate between what's election year bluster, designed to whip a party's base into acting, and what's actual policy. Clearly, Obama-in-action is not attempting to keep the Republicans in the back seat.

canstock3189118.jpg

Once again, Obama reached out to Republicans who left him with a handful of cancel.

The right keeps saying that Obama never reaches out. He goes to their "retreat" and talks with them with NO teleprompter and freedom to discuss anything. He keeps saying he will work with them, from day one.

They vote against everything in a block. And even say their number one goal it to bring down his presidency. Over jobs, over suffering middle class Americans, over the deficit. Bringing him down is number one. I wonder what "number two" is?

I can't remember in my lifetime when the sitting President invited members of congress to the White House and they said, "Uh no, we are busy with OTHER plans".

So let's see. How will this be turned around as "Obama's fault". Or "It's Obama who is insulting the Republicans because he didn't check with their schedules first".

"Elections have consequences, and i won."- b. obama 2009

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUkVXi_S-iM[/ame]

:rofl:

canstock3189118.jpg

"Elections have consequences, and i won."- b. obama 2009

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUkVXi_S-iM[/ame]

:rofl:

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder,"

Yeah, he's so bipartisan minded. The Republicans are just being meanies.

canstock3189118.jpg

Come on now. You are smarter than to believe the GOP actually wants to work with Obama on anything, right? Their #1 priority is to make Obama a one term President, per Mitch McConnell. The voters voted for gridlock, and gridlock they now have. Simple as that.

Come on now. You are smarter than to believe the GOP actually wants to work with Obama on anything, right? Their #1 priority is to make Obama a one term President, per Mitch McConnell.

That's a fine priority to me. Why would I want that Marxist to have the ability to fuck up our country for another four years with ramifications that will be felt for generations? He is ten times worse than George Bush.

Isn't OL'BO the guy who said he won??

Didn't he also tell the Reps to sit in the back and STFU??

Since he's lost his super majority he will have to work with the GOP. No choice. Unless he wants to be a lame duck for the next two years.

Oh wait. I forgot. He'll be running for Prez for the next two years.

Silly me. Ah well. It would be nice if he decided not to run for a second term but I don't see that happening.

canstock3189118.jpg

Looks like a bunch of democrats who followed Obama lost their jobs. I dont' think you will see much more cooperation from anyone unless Obama decides to cooperate with the republicans.

Since he's lost his super majority he will have to work with the GOP. No choice. Unless he wants to be a lame duck for the next two years.

Silly me. Ah well. It would be nice if he decided not to run for a second term but I don't see that happening.

No he doesn't. The Democrats still control the White House and the Senate. If they start acting like Republicans circa 2000, 2004, 2006 they will do just fine.

Vote lockstep. Concede nothing. Don't allow votes on anything they don't want.

Seriously.

How many times does Lucy have to pull the ball away from Charlie Brown before he realizes he's never going to get to kick that ball.

President Obama really should give up this asinine notion of "Bi-partisanship". I may not have liked President Bush's policies..but he had a fucking spine. It's really time to stop acting like a professor.

It really is that simple.

It really is.

The Universe is just serving Obama a big steaming pile of Karma.

Did I miss it or did the OP provide some news story or factoid as to where Obama was "reaching out" to the GOP?
Obama never reached out to the GOP. Obama always felt "my way or the highway." Obama barely reached out to the Democrats who weren't radical leftists. The only think Obama is reaching out for is our wallets.

No he doesn't. The Democrats still control the White House and the Senate. If they start acting like Republicans circa 2000, 2004, 2006 they will do just fine.

Oh yes, Obstructionists.

Seems to me thats what they accused the Reps of being since 2006.

Business as usual. Doesn't matter who's got the reins. Same old, Same old.

canstock3189118.jpg

Come on now. You are smarter than to believe the GOP actually wants to work with Obama on anything, right? Their #1 priority is to make Obama a one term President, per Mitch McConnell. The voters voted for gridlock, and gridlock they now have. Simple as that.

They voted for gridlock and not against Obama policies Dims backed with their votes to make those policies realities? The party of saying no to Obama's various schemes got the support of the voters rather than the party that was in lockstep with him. They voted to end the madness and put Republicans in office to get it done, which they'll be able to do easily in the House and likely easier now in the Senate as the Dims, especially the 23 up for reelection in '12, don't want to risk getting sent home because of continued support for the loser in chief. If the Senate Dims gridlock the hope and change voters just expressed a desire for, they do so at their own peril.

IF the Democrats could have worked together amongst themselves, when they actually HAD the power, we would not even be having this conversation today. They could not, and we ended up with a watered down Healthcare reform bill. The Dems and President Obama will now pay the price for their own infighting. They can try to lay blame on the GOP if they want, but everyone knows that they did not need a single Republican vote to get any Healthcare legislation passed while they had a super majority.

One of the keys to understanding politics is being able to differentiate between what's election year bluster, designed to whip a party's base into acting, and what's actual policy. Clearly, Obama-in-action is not attempting to keep the Republicans in the back seat.

Elections aren't decided on policy though. Would that they were, it would be a saner world. They aren't though, they are decided on emotion and that "vision thing."
The republicans are better at communicating vision, and while the dems are better at crafting policy, they CAVE like the spineless cowards they are when implementation is debated in the corporate driven "public" (although most of the "public" is left out of the conversation except to tell us what we think) debate. Republicans NEVER shift left because of overwhelming "public"" demand. Democrats, in every administration I was alive for have shifted right. The democrats would have more successful policy initiatives if they simply said: the voters have spoken, this was our platform, the American people voted for it, and we're implementing it, so suck it up.
Fucking pussies. Not one and all, some have heart. They are gutted ruthlessly, and never more ruthlessly than by their own party.

Forum List

Back