Obama proclaims Irene a "historic" hurricane

Obama announced in advance that this could be a historic hurricane.

Obama announced in advance that the unemployment rate wouldn't go above 8% if his stimulus plan was enacted.

I'm just sayin.........

Now that is logical thinking, at last, as far as predictions go. Question is, what advantage does Obama get for warning Americans? Who put him up to making this announcement for the benefit of the American people.

As Hurricane Irene barrels toward the East Coast, President Obama interrupted his Martha's Vineyard vacation to urge residents in the path of the storm to make emergency preparations and heed evacuation orders from authorities.

"I cannot stress this highly enough," Obama said in statement to television cameras from his vacation compound of Blue Heron Farm in Chilmark, "if you are in the projected path of this hurricane, you have to take precautions now. Don’t wait. Don’t delay. We all hope for the best, but we have to be prepared for the worst."

The president, who is scheduled to leave Martha's Vineyard on Saturday morning to return to Washington, D.C., after his 10-day vacation, said Americans need "to take this storm seriously."

"You need to listen to your state and local officials, and if you are given an evacuation order, please follow it," Obama said, adding that the federal government was taking its own precautions by ordering an aircraft group out to sea Thursday to avoid the storm.

ZOMG!! That BASTARD!!!

Hurricane Irene: Obama says prepare, then get out of the way - latimes.com

So far there is NOTHING historic about it. It's a catagory 2 and losing strength.

Hurricanes NEVER come close to NYC. There hasn't been one in that area for over 50 years. It's not something to be partisan over because it could be very bad for a lot of people.

Being a native Floridian I often mused what it would be like if the "pompous New Yorkers" were to get hit by a hurricane.

Now that it's closer to being a reality I'm not finding any satisfaction from it.

We're talking MILLIONS of people, in just that 1 city, without power.
Flooded subways.
Children and elderly.

Prayers going up.
:(

Perhaps we should wait until after the hurricane ends before pronouncing it historic.

But then maybe he is right. After all, isn't everything we do and everything that happens historic after it happens?

That depends. If Obama gave us word from experts that a meteor was set to devastate North America, he could announce it in advance as a historic event. The experts are saying this is going to be worse than any before, so his announcement to me seems logically driven.

What I find odd is, Bush made so many future predictions about everything, and none of those things happened. Maybe that is what Gramps places his ignorance on, Obama isn't Bush & the thinking capsule isn't loaded with whiskey.

What I find odd is they're evacuating Martha's Vineyard - and Obama & Co are staying put.

Maybe Michelle & him took a suicide pac. keep Biden in the bunker. I suppose there will be time for them to evacuate, or perhaps he wants to be there for the people. Some presidents do actually care about Americans.

Obama announced in advance that this could be a historic hurricane.

Obama announced in advance that the unemployment rate wouldn't go above 8% if his stimulus plan was enacted.

I'm just sayin.........

Now that is logical thinking, at last, as far as predictions go. Question is, what advantage does Obama get for warning Americans? Who put him up to making this announcement for the benefit of the American people.

actually, I was really just being a smart ass.

I have no problem with his statement, or the advanced preparations he's put into place.

Better safe, than sorry.

Most liberals live on the coasts in this country. Interesting possibilities eh?

That's because that is where the expensive real estate is located. You hillbillies can't afford it.

You make a ridiculous post, you get a ridiculous response.

Odds that Grampa will be involved in a post hurricane thread that claims Obama is not handling the cleanup/recovery properly?

That depends. If Obama gave us word from experts that a meteor was set to devastate North America, he could announce it in advance as a historic event. The experts are saying this is going to be worse than any before, so his announcement to me seems logically driven.

What I find odd is, Bush made so many future predictions about everything, and none of those things happened. Maybe that is what Gramps places his ignorance on, Obama isn't Bush & the thinking capsule isn't loaded with whiskey.

What I find odd is they're evacuating Martha's Vineyard - and Obama & Co are staying put.

Maybe Michelle & him took a suicide pac. keep Biden in the bunker. I suppose there will be time for them to evacuate, or perhaps he wants to be there for the people. Some presidents do actually care about Americans.

unfortunately it's not this bozo.

The emergency services people have already stated, if you wait until the storm hits, they won't come get you...

You listening Mr. Obama?

unfortunately it's not this bozo.

Actually, it is. But it'd take a special kind of stupid to think you're capable of rational thought - and that's not me.

Pretty funny watching BDBoop dish crap...

...with her rep turned off...

...and doesn't read neg rep comments...

We need a Waaaaahbulance here people!

Reading her posts can be very entertaining. Kinda like the old Saturday morning Elmer Fudd cartoons.

lil%20abner.jpg

As fun as it is to mock Obama we should all be hoping this storm misses New York. Does anyone know if parts of NY are below sea level?

What do sheep know about unemployment predictions made by Obama? Or the "summer of recovery"?

What do sheep know, period. Did you know that the longer someone watches Faux News, the more ignorant they become? True story.

If true you must have watched it 24/7 cause you are by far the dumbest bitch I know.

:lol::lol::lol:

Says the poster who started a whining thread about the President preparing for the worst with this hurricane.....that's a bad thing........apparently. :doubt:

as hurricane irene barrels toward the east coast, president obama interrupted his martha's vineyard vacation to urge residents in the path of the storm to make emergency preparations and heed evacuation orders from authorities.

"i cannot stress this highly enough," obama said in statement to television cameras from his vacation compound of blue heron farm in chilmark, "if you are in the projected path of this hurricane, you have to take precautions now. Don’t wait. Don’t delay. We all hope for the best, but we have to be prepared for the worst."

the president, who is scheduled to leave martha's vineyard on saturday morning to return to washington, d.c., after his 10-day vacation, said americans need "to take this storm seriously."

"you need to listen to your state and local officials, and if you are given an evacuation order, please follow it," obama said, adding that the federal government was taking its own precautions by ordering an aircraft group out to sea thursday to avoid the storm.

zomg!! That bastard!!!

hurricane irene: Obama says prepare, then get out of the way - latimes.com

impeach him!!!!

Forum List

Back