Obama proclaims Irene a "historic" hurricane

We are now getting presidential weather forecasts. We have come so far

Oh yeah...so the president telling people that this could be an historic hurricane is somehow wrong. Guess what...it could be because hurricanes NEVER come close to NYC or the Northeast where there is dense population. This could be devastating for a lot of people and you're harping on this? Shame on you.

Oh yeah...so the president telling people that this could be an historic hurricane is somehow wrong. Guess what...it could be because hurricanes NEVER come close to NYC or the Northeast where there is dense population. This could be devastating for a lot of people and you're harping on this? Shame on you.

Well, you know, it's BAD that our President wants us to take this hurricane seriously. VERY BAD!!!!!

Karma. It's looking for you. Shall I tell It where to meet you?

You posses the skills of Karma?

I wouldn't think so highly of yourself.

I don't control Karma...no one does. But Karma knows how to make a grand entrance. Hope you're ready.

All you are doing is blowing hot wind. No hurricane is coming near me.

You are less threatening than Pee-Wee Herman at a daycare facility.

I'm mocking the fear mongering. People act like we've never delt with a hurricane before. As far as New York is concerned the hurricane is predicted to be a category 1 or less by the time it gets there. Lots of rain and high winds. Hopefully no one is injured but Obama inserting himself into the limelight is completely unnecessary.
He can't give us a jobs plan but he can forecast the weather. Give me a break.

I'm mocking the fear mongering. People act like we've never delt with a hurricane before. As far as New York is concerned the hurricane is predicted to be a category 1 or less by the time it gets there. Lots of rain and high winds. Hopefully no one is injured but Obama inserting himself into the limelight is completely unnecessary.
He can't give us a jobs plan but he can forecast the weather. Give me a break.

So, you know for sure that this is nothing. Amazing powers, man.

Obama needs to do something. He should at least go rolling skating while listening to Def Leppard.

That would be cool and we could stick to Yeltsin. Boris hates Def Leppard.

Oh dear! The Governor of New Jersey is holding a press conference telling people to be prepared and that the hurricane could be worse than they predicted yesterday.

I anticipate the thread complaining about him.

Perhaps we should wait until after the hurricane ends before pronouncing it historic.

But then maybe he is right. After all, isn't everything we do and everything that happens historic after it happens?

That depends. If Obama gave us word from experts that a meteor was set to devastate North America, he could announce it in advance as a historic event. The experts are saying this is going to be worse than any before, so his announcement to me seems logically driven.

What I find odd is, Bush made so many future predictions about everything, and none of those things happened. Maybe that is what Gramps places his ignorance on, Obama isn't Bush & the thinking capsule isn't loaded with whiskey.

God, he is clueless. So desperate for something, anything to take the spotlight off of himself.

The only thing historic is the level of his failure.

While I do think Obama is hoping for another excuse to blame for our Problems.

Irene does actually have the potential to be Historic. Not because it is extra powerful or anything. It has to do with the Projected Track. It looks as if the eye of the storm could pass just to the west of NYC. Most hurricanes that scrap the east coast do so with the eye well off shore, east of all the population. With the eye west of Populations if could be more destructive in terms of wind and storm surge than anything NYC has seen in over 160 Years.

Tell me about it. I worked nine out of the past ten days, and just got notified there is 72 hours of overtime available during my three day weekend, because so many of my coworkers are on the east coast.

Obama announced in advance that this could be a historic hurricane.

Obama announced in advance that the unemployment rate wouldn't go above 8% if his stimulus plan was enacted.

I'm just sayin.........

Perhaps we should wait until after the hurricane ends before pronouncing it historic.

But then maybe he is right. After all, isn't everything we do and everything that happens historic after it happens?

That depends. If Obama gave us word from experts that a meteor was set to devastate North America, he could announce it in advance as a historic event. The experts are saying this is going to be worse than any before, so his announcement to me seems logically driven.

What I find odd is, Bush made so many future predictions about everything, and none of those things happened. Maybe that is what Gramps places his ignorance on, Obama isn't Bush & the thinking capsule isn't loaded with whiskey.

What I find odd is they're evacuating Martha's Vineyard - and Obama & Co are staying put.

What I find odd is they're evacuating Martha's Vineyard - and Obama & Co are staying put.

what I don't find odd is how out of touch and uninformed you are. Obama is cutting his vacation short and going back to DC tomorrow.

Forum List

Back