Obama Phones!!

I got so fed up with my company issued cell phone not working right I tossed it out the car window as i was driving.My boss was pissed at me when I got to the office cause he was trying to get hold of me.
I said to him what's his friggin problem just replace it with a free Obama phone....

This story did not end well for me.
Prolly cause of my skin color.

No ... it didn't sit well with you because you have not paid attention to any of the more than half dozen times you've been shown that

President Obama

has

nothing

to

do

with

this

program.​

I got so fed up with my company issued cell phone not working right I tossed it out the car window as i was driving.My boss was pissed at me when I got to the office cause he was trying to get hold of me.
I said to him what's his friggin problem just replace it with a free Obama phone....

No ... it didn't sit well with you because you have not paid attention to any of the more than half dozen times you've been shown that

President Obama

has

nothing

to

do

with

this

program.​

But the voters are giving him credit for it.......... Why is this so difficult to understand... He is getting votes off of it and not denying what the people are saying.........

President Obama

has

nothing

to

do

with

this

program.​

But the voters are giving him credit for it.......... Why is this so difficult to understand... He is getting votes off of it and not denying what the people are saying.........

That is correct. I don't find a record where he personally has commented on it, but his administration is not taking questions about it. Those raising red flags of fraud and corruption running rampant in the program are wondering why it is no longer an application program and who is indiscriminately pushing thousands of free phones onto people?

It does appear some government funding has been added to the program:
More problems with free cell phone program | KMOV.com St. Louis

And the program has expanded under Obama:
For the record, government sponsored cell phones started long before President Obama took office. However, the size of the program (and its cost) have grown considerably since 2008.
Obama Supporter at Romney Event in Ohio Says Vote Obama for Free Phone | Video | TheBlaze.com

And, contrary to my previous post, the Bush administration also put a lot of money into it, though there was nobody then suggesting George Bush was giving them a free cell phone. This should raise questions now about why people think Barack Obama is giving them cell phones, yes?

The video is drawing attention to the government program — Lifeline — as a national debate unfolds on entitlements and the growing percentage of Americans who pay no income taxes and get a long menu of government benefits. But even though some beneficiaries may credit President Obama for providing the phones, Lifeline is an extension of a program that has existed since 1985. Still, critics including Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark., note the program has swelled from $772 million in 2008 to $1.6 billion.
“It's a government-run, taxpayer-funded program that's running wild and costing more and more,” reads Griffin’s official House of Representatives website.
Read more: Viral video touting free 'Obama phone' puts spotlight on federal program | Fox News

Hubby and I are on a retirement budget and buy minimal minutes for our cell phones that we buy ourselves and pay the monthly bills on. We figure those minimal minutes take care of any emergencies or necessary calling.

Under Obama:
The program also covers 250 free minutes each month. As many as 5.5 million residents in Pennsylvania alone could qualify for the program, which is funded primarily by the Universal Service Fund fee added to the bills of land-line and wireless customers.
CORRUPTION? Obama is buying your votes. Obama hands out 20 million free cell phones, free minutes to those on government assistance - Politics & Policy - Catholic Online

Has to be some government funding just by the simple fact that it is under some control of the FCC....

Last time I checked Freddiy's Candy Company was still a government agency......

poor people were first given phones during the new deal.

reagan codified the program.

bush brought it into the cellphone age.

want to try again, honey?

Yep. This actually goes back to Woodrow Wilson (I posted the link yesterday) and yet, the rw's want to blame Obama.

Until the truth was pointed out to them, rw's here were saying it was an Obama program.

They refuse to READ THE LINKS but they think President Obama should have called them or written them personally to tell each and every one of then that this is not an Obama program.

poor people were first given phones during the new deal.

reagan codified the program.

bush brought it into the cellphone age.

want to try again, honey?

No Honey....

The Lifeline program was started in 1984 under President Reagan and was expanded in 1996 under President Clinton to allow qualifying households to choose to apply the benefit to either a landline or a cell phone. So no, Bush didnt do it, and neither did Obama.

Im still trying to figure out why you direct that at me though. :confused:

My thread originated in Flame Zone to pick at Rderp.... I somehow got lumped in with all the other threads.

Oh well.... I am still waiting for the idiot in chief to announce to his minions that he didnt do it. :eusa_whistle:

Has to be some government funding just by the simple fact that it is under some control of the FCC....

Last time I checked Freddiy's Candy Company was still a government agency......

they are subsidized to the tune of around $10 per line back in 2008. Don't know if that has gone up or not, but then they allowed 68 minutes a month. Today they allow 250 minutes and 250 text messages, so my guess is we are paying more for it.

Infidel - another rw waiting for a phone call telling him this is not an Obama program.

Boggles the mind.

While I don't mind helping the poor get cell Phones, I have a real problem with the Web Site actually being called ObamaPhone. The Man takes tax payer dollars to give people phones, and wants those people to feel like he personally bought them a phone.

They should be called Tax Payer Phones, because that is who is really giving them to them.

no, actually it's funded by consumers via the universal services fee on your phone bill.

the only obamaphone website i could find was dead.

That fee on your Phone bill, is a Tax my friend. If you have a land line you are paying it. It's one of those Taxes we don't even think about when we talk about how much People pay in taxes.

And the fact is,we didn't have ANYBODY reported as appreciative that FDR or Wilson or Clinton or Bush gave them a free phone. Probably few of us even knew there was a government program to help people get phones. The funding for the program was expanded during the Bush administration--link provide in my previous post--but you didn't have welfare queens gushing that George Bush gave me a phone. The program has been more than doubled in funding since Obama took office, the restrictions for getting the phones have been significantly relaxed, and you have people all over the place gushing that Obama gave me a free phone.

Why is that do you think? Is there any possibiility that Obama is making damn sure people are informed that he is the reason they are getting a free phone? Is there any other possibility that you can think of for that?

Are people gonna get Obama HDTV next?.....
Maybe a little Play Station 3 action with some high speed internet connection.

Or you can go to work and try to get that stuff your self.

While I don't mind helping the poor get cell Phones, I have a real problem with the Web Site actually being called ObamaPhone. The Man takes tax payer dollars to give people phones, and wants those people to feel like he personally bought them a phone.

They should be called Tax Payer Phones, because that is who is really giving them to them.

no, actually it's funded by consumers via the universal services fee on your phone bill.

That fee on your Phone bill, is a Tax my friend. If you have a land line you are paying it. It's one of those Taxes we don't even think about when we talk about how much People pay in taxes.
It sure is a tax, Charles. And it's a federal tax, which means Congress has slipped another tax on people who pay phone bills. So they're lying when they're saying they didn't raise taxes on the middle class. They raised a lot of money off the middle class who earn money to pay for their own phones, to be tapped twice for people they're already providing rent, food, medicine, and clothing for through the federal welfare theft program.

It sure is a tax, Charles. And it's a federal tax, which means Congress has slipped another tax on people who pay phone bills. So they're lying when they're saying they didn't raise taxes on the middle class. They raised a lot of money off the middle class who earn money to pay for their own phones, to be tapped twice for people they're already providing rent, food, medicine, and clothing for through the federal welfare theft program.

Yes. And if every American family chipped in, the cost to each family for just the Obamaphones program would cost us between $10 and $15 per year. And if you narrow it down to those who are actually paying income taxes, the cost per family unit is probably at least triple that. That is just for the phone program. Much MUCH more more is allocated for food stamps, aid to dependent children, Medicaid, housing subsidies, and other federal welfare programs.

If the purpose of the phone is to have one in case of emergencies, do people really need more than one? And do they need more than 20 or 30 minutes per month paid for at taxpayer expense? And do they need phones that do anything other than make and receive calls?

I am not an uncompassionate person. But I really do think we have our priorities all screwed up. And however much compassion we feel for anybody and everybody, there is going to be a limit as to how much more resources we can take away from the ever shrinking group of tax payers in this country. We have to be smarter.

There are over 1 million people in Ohio alone that have Obamaphones.

I wonder if Ohio is important in this election....
I wonder who all these people who got free Obama phones will be voting for in this upcoming election?

Anyone want to venture a guess. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back