Obama Orders Climate Change Be Considered in Military Planning

Considering that Lake Mead was greatly increased by the Hoover Dam, which was built after the timeframe you specified, I'm guessing without the dam they would be much lower. However, the Hoover Dam has been there since, and if you look at the shoreline of the lake (and I have, did so in the mid 2000's), you would see how far the lake has dropped and hasn't returned to normal levels yet.

Damn..............know your history before you try to burn someone while putting your foot in your mouth.

God damn you are stupid, the hover damn created lake mead.

And you're the idiot trying to make a false equivalency between before the dam was built and after. Current water levels in Lake Mead are at all time lows, and it's because of drought.

Here is a picture of lake mead 1920 you retarded old fool compliments of the tampon squad huff post

slide_438876_5769360_compressed.jpg

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7745916

I don't know To you but that lake don't have any Fucking water in it.

Never said anything about the lake having no water in it. I said that the levels of Lake Mead have dropped considerably over the past few years. Here's a chart to help you out.

Request Rejected
It was engineered to do that....did you have another point?

Keep waiting- I'm not your mother. You know how to use google. Ay caramba...
You guys make the claim rising oceans are submerging islands and you can't tell us how high the ocean rose to do that?
Tsk tsk. It's almost as if you're liars.

They say in this century, it will rise to about 7 meters. And, hate to say it, but several islands have already been lost. Read it for yourself.

5 Islands Disappear Into Pacific Due to Climate Change

Bullshit. Next you are going to blame the Hawaiian islands from disspaering due to man made climate change..they will sink eventually it is a known fact.

I call bullshit..........post a link proving your claim that Hawaii is going to eventually sink into the ocean. They're built on an uplift fault line and has regular volcanic activity, which builds up the islands more.

Have you ever been to Hawaii? I have.

Go ahead.................I challenge you............post a valid scientific link that proves Hawaii is sinking.
So....you're settled science will keep them afloat.....is there anything your settled science can't do?:lol:

They won't "sink" because they were formed on a tectonic uplift by volcanoes. At the very worst, they will become low lying islands.

That is............unless one of you right wing non science types decides to go out to Hawaii and deflate the pontoons holding them up. /sarcasm.

You guys make the claim rising oceans are submerging islands and you can't tell us how high the ocean rose to do that?

They say in this century, it will rise to about 7 meters. And, hate to say it, but several islands have already been lost. Read it for yourself.

Bullshit. Next you are going to blame the Hawaiian islands from disspaering due to man made climate change..they will sink eventually it is a known fact.

I call bullshit..........post a link proving your claim that Hawaii is going to eventually sink into the ocean. They're built on an uplift fault line and has regular volcanic activity, which builds up the islands more.

Go ahead.................I challenge you............post a valid scientific link that proves Hawaii is sinking.
So....you're settled science will keep them afloat.....is there anything your settled science can't do?:lol:

They won't "sink" because they were formed on a tectonic uplift by volcanoes. At the very worst, they will become low lying islands.

That is............unless one of you right wing non science types decides to go out to Hawaii and deflate the pontoons holding them up. /sarcasm.
So, you truly believe your settled science does keep them afloat.....fascinating....

Seriously you don't even know that?

It was on national geographic or PBS a few years ago.

Well, considering that Nat Geo and PBS both have websites, it shouldn't be too hard for you to post a link for your (until proven otherwise) bullshit claims.

Go ahead.............post something valid about Hawaii's islands sinking.

God damn you are science illiterate and don't know about it.

Kiss that Hawaiian timeshare goodbye / Islands will sink in 80 million years

Guess you can find anything to scare you if you look hard enough.

This one says that they're not "sinking" as you claim, but rather are going to erode from the inside out because of the groundwater dissolving the volcanic rock, and eventually instead of mountains, the islands will be as flat as Midway (but still not sunk).

Oh yeah..............before that happens, scientists say that the islands will continue to grow for the next 1.5 MILLION years.

According to the researchers’ estimates, the net effect is that Oahu will continue to grow for as long as 1.5 million years. Beyond that, the force of groundwater will eventually triumph and the island will begin its descent to a low-lying topography.”

Hawaiian Islands Are Dissolving And Will Disappear, Study Finds | PlanetSave

No, they aren't sinking, but due to erosion will eventually become low lying islands instead of the mountainous places that they currently are, but that will take a while. OVER 1.5 MILLION years to give a rough estimate.

I love it when people post bullshit, because then it makes me go look for the truth knock them upside the head with.

You win a gold star ..I made you learn something last night so are you still going to blame AGW?

So, you truly believe your settled science does keep them afloat.....fascinating....

Islands don't float. They are mountains on the ocean floor that are taller than the water they stand in.

Islands don't float. They are mountains on the ocean floor that are taller than the water they stand in.
You and your settled science are looking foolish....

Just exactly where is this water drying up due to gullible warming?

Ever heard of a place called California? Ever seen what the current water levels of lake Meade are?

Remind us again the water levels of lake mead prior 1931?

Damn know your history before you start debating you're to easy To burn.

Considering that Lake Mead was greatly increased by the Hoover Dam, which was built after the timeframe you specified, I'm guessing without the dam they would be much lower. However, the Hoover Dam has been there since, and if you look at the shoreline of the lake (and I have, did so in the mid 2000's), you would see how far the lake has dropped and hasn't returned to normal levels yet.

Damn..............know your history before you try to burn someone while putting your foot in your mouth.

God damn you are stupid, the hover damn created lake mead.

And you're the idiot trying to make a false equivalency between before the dam was built and after. Current water levels in Lake Mead are at all time lows, and it's because of drought.

No! The water level is lower because they are taking too much water out of the river ABOVE the dam!

Before the dam, there was almost no water in the river there anyhow!

Hawaii sinking? WTH are talking about? LOL. So many subjects you're ignorant about...

Well, considering that Nat Geo and PBS both have websites, it shouldn't be too hard for you to post a link for your (until proven otherwise) bullshit claims.

Hawaii Beach Erosion Blamed on Rising Seas
How high have the seas risen?

I keep asking but everyone is afraid of the answer......

For reference here is a 2,000 year old port that Paul in the Bible used. It's well inland now.

image.jpeg

Here is Ft Summter, high and dry as it was when Scott wrote his poem.

image.png

image.jpeg

Hawaii sinking? WTH are talking about? LOL. So many subjects you're ignorant about...
Indeed...

I'm so old I remember when the goal of the military was to destroy the enemy.

Obama orders climate change be considered in military planning

Anti-science is the enemy of man.

Professional Climate Change deniers should be jailed.

It's one thing to be an ignorant denier troll on some internet discussion board, we pity you.

But if you're taking a salary to spread false information that slows down meaningful progress on Global Warming solutions, then we need to charge you with a crime as you are causing harm.

I was to tired to find this last night and To busy at work...listen pal I was 100% right. They will sink eventually the ocean floor is littered with past islands that formed today's Hawaiian islands.

The hot spot is stationary and the islands move because of plate tectonics.

The islands don’t last forever. As the Pacific plate moves Hawaii’s volcanoes farther from the hotspot, they erupt less frequently, then no longer tap into the upwelling of molten rock and die. The island erodes and the crust beneath it cools, shrinks and sinks, and the island is again submerged. Millions of years from now, the Hawaiian Islands will disappear when the edge of the Pacific plate that supports them slides under the North American plate and returns to the mantle.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/trave...rning-about-hawaii-74730/#M0B6abpOhKbLsOj3.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Of course Obama will do anything to weaken our military and our nation.

It's one thing to be an ignorant denier troll on some internet discussion board, we pity you.

But if you're taking a salary to spread false information that slows down meaningful progress on Global Warming solutions, then we need to charge you with a crime as you are causing harm.
Who is claiming the climate has been the same for millions of years?

What other strawmen you going to battle with?

So it's now Bear513 : 2

Your ignorant ass on science: 0

Want To try me again?

You mean MMGW....

For reference here is a 2,000 year old port that Paul in the Bible used. It's well inland now.

View attachment 90843

View attachment 90844
View attachment 90845

You are confused. Fort McHenry is in Baltimore where the Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812. Fort Sumter is in Charleston SC and was shelled during the Civil War.

View attachment 90843

View attachment 90844
View attachment 90845

You are confused. Fort McHenry is in Baltimore where the Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812. Fort Sumter is in Charleston SC and was shelled during the Civil War.
Sorry, got my submerged forts confused.

View attachment 90843

View attachment 90844
View attachment 90845

I wish we could correct the MMGW hoax so easily....

View attachment 90843

View attachment 90844
View attachment 90845

Neither one are submerged. I passed by Fort Sumter every time I went to sea when I was stationed in Charleston. My CO said he liked when I drove down the river. Other guys scared the crap out of him!

Forum List

Back