Obama On Compromise WIth The GOP

So Obama is unwillng to change his hostile relationship with the GOP? Yeah, that was kinda the point here.
The objection was to the pose that the Republicans weren't obstructionist. They haven't done anything to prove the opposite. Why shouldn't the president be wary of the snake, after already getting bit?

What arrogance. To h**l with the will of the American people.

“You send me bills I don't like and I'll veto them.”

Well, that's his choice. It's the way our system works. But --- it may well be that Congress will have enough votes to override his vetoes. What will he do then? Issue Executive Orders telling the various departments not to obey those laws? I wouldn't put it past him.

Read the story @ Obama Warns Republicans He Plans to Veto Their Legislation CNS News

with more on it @ Obama readies veto pen and the new paradigm of obstructionism Hot Air
For the past several years, Republicans have shown us that it requires 60 votes in the Senate to pass anything. If the President decides to veto legislation he deems unsatisfactory, it would require a 2/3rd majority in both houses to override the veto. Republicans don't have the numbers to do it by themselves, and they don't want to work with Democrats on anything. It would take a minor miracle to override a presidential veto under these circumstances. Look for two years of nothing getting done, kind of like the past four years.

See, what Obama should have said is this:
I know the Republican leadership and I have differences of opinion and have clashed in the past. But I look forward to working with the new Congress on issues where we are closer together to hammer out compromises for the good of the American people.
See how simple that would have been?
You mean like he did here?

Obama has a rabid cult followers who will suck up to anything he says and does. A few right here on this board as you can see

Sad to be such a SUBJECT to a man who calls himself OUR President. He lost the House first and the Senate all IN SIX years so what does he do? Comes being the thug he's been all along. Call your Representatives and tell them to muzzle him and then make him eat those words
He also has a rabid cult of haters who think he is wrong 100% of the time on everything. A few right here on this board as you can see. They are the perpetually outraged.

Has anyone indicated what compromise Republicans are offering that Obama has refused?

What are Republicans asking?

I know the Republican leadership and I have differences of opinion and have clashed in the past. But I look forward to working with the new Congress on issues where we are closer together to hammer out compromises for the good of the American people.

Obama's problem is he says one thing and does somethng else. Or says somethng else. Like maybe you missed the OP.

Has anyone indicated what compromise Republicans are offering that Obama has refused?

Keystone Pipeline. Congress was about to pass bipartisan legislation that Obama had vowed to veto. It failed in the Senate by one vote anyway.

Keystone Pipeline. Congress was about to pass bipartisan legislation that Obama had vowed to veto. It failed in the Senate by one vote anyway.

Good one

Now........what have Republicans offered to compromise?

Compromise usually means something like this.........If you sign the Keystone Pipeline Bill we will do the following

Obama's problem is he says one thing and does somethng else. Or says somethng else. Like maybe you missed the OP.

Make up your fucking mind. You described what you think he should have said, and I gave you an example of him saying that. Trying to dodge a direct response aren't you.

Good one

Compromise usually means something like this.........If you sign the Keystone Pipeline Bill we will do the following
Idiot. That was the compromise. Dems and Republicans compromised to craft a bill. Reid and Obama killed it Where was their compromise? When did Obama say "make sure this is in the bill and I'll sign it"?

Make up your fucking mind. You described what you think he should have said, and I gave you an example of him saying that. Trying to dodge a direct response aren't you.

It's not me, moron. Read the OP. Obama just said he'll take out his veto pen.

Good one

Idiot. That was the compromise. Dems and Republicans compromised to craft a bill. Reid and Obama killed it Where was their compromise? When did Obama say "make sure this is in the bill and I'll sign it"?

I'm not sure when Obama vetoed that particular bill. Refresh my memory.

It's not me, moron. Read the OP. Obama just said he'll take out his veto pen.

We'll get to the complete OP in time. For now, how exactly are you saying I didn't adequately answer your specific statement?

Good one

Obviously, if the President doesn't agree with the bill there will have to be some compromise to get him to sign

What is the GOP offering?

Forum List

Back