Obama: 'No excuse' for health care signup problems

The GOP managed to start two wars, double the national debt, create a massive new Cabinet department, and deregulate the shit out of Wall Street.

So your weak "filibuster-proof" Senate excuse couldn't funnier, Quantum Windbag. :lol:

I guess I will have to assume you are lying.

The GOP controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House. They managed to start two wars, enact two separate tax cut acts, create a whole new massive Cabinet department, and double the national debt.

That's how much power they had. So your lame filibuster excuse is insanely hilarious. It's way up there for stupidity.

I have never said Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs. In fact, every time I have talked about ObamaCare with respect to costs, I have very specifically stated ObamaCare will not bend the cost curve down.

Want some links? I have plenty.

OK, so the Democrats, with total control over government, could not pass a plan that would rein in health care costs. And you're criticizing the GOP, which did not have control, for not passing a plan?? :cuckoo:

The weird part is that I have had numerous arguments with him about how Obamacare will increase the cost of healthcare, and he called me an idiot for saying it.

You, too, are thinking of someone else. Please provide a link where I denied Obamacare will increase the cost of healthcare. In the meantime, chew on these, idiot:

But ObamaCare won't bend the per capita spending down.

Obama only knows how to move wealth around, not create it.

ObamaCare was a classic bait-and-switch con. It was hyped as necessary because we needed to bring health care costs down. Remember all the rubes posting data all over the internet about per capita spending on healthcare during the debates?

Yeah. So do I.

ObamaCare actually further entrenches things which bend the cost of healthcare up.

This was not about cutting costs. This was yet another attempt to immanentize the eschaton.

How in the world did you get the impression health insurance rates are down? Even your own link shows they have climbed dramatically.

ObamaCare was not designed to bend the cost curve down. The rubes were victimized by a classic bait-and-switch con.

Plenty more where that came from. I told you idiots I have LOTS of links.

Your turn! [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]

They ahve shown numerous attempts. The fact they refute your argument is not grounds for dismissing them out of hand.
Remind me how the Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs.

I have never said Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs. In fact, every time I have talked about ObamaCare with respect to costs, I have very specifically stated ObamaCare will not bend the cost curve down.

OK, so the Democrats, with total control over government, could not pass a plan that would rein in health care costs. And you're criticizing the GOP, which did not have control, for not passing a plan?? :cuckoo:

The Democratic plan has always been a government takeover of healthcare. They have signaled this for DECADES. Everyone knew what they would do if they were given a chance.

The GOP decided not to get in front of that when it controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House and do it right.

Good men did NOTHING. And that is why we now have this evil government takeover of healthcare. The GOP sat on its ass and did virtually nothing to stop it. The GOP reacts instead of being proactive. To put it more simply just for you: The GOP complains, instead of fixes.

We all got fucked in the ass not just by Obama and the Democrats, but also by dumb fuck Republicans. You all are too blinded by your partisan hackery to see the second half of that equation.

Last edited:

The Democratic plan has always been a government takeover of healthcare. They have signaled this for DECADES. Everyone knew what they would do if they were given a chance.

The GOP decided not to get in front of that when it controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House and do it right.

Good men did NOTHING. And that is why we now have this evil government takeover of healthcare. The GOP sat on its ass and did virtually nothing to stop it. The GOP reacts instead of being proactive. To put it more simply just for you: The GOP complains, instead of fixes.

We all got fucked in the ass not just by Obama and the Democrats, but also by dumb fuck Republicans. You all are too blinded by your partisan hackery to see the second half of that equation.

So if the Dem plan was gov't takeover, and the GOP needed the Dems to pass some other kind of reform, why do you think the Dems would back a GOP reform that would obviate the need for a gov't takeover, which was their plan all along?
You aren't terribly bright or inquiring, are you?

The GOP managed to start two wars, double the national debt, create a massive new Cabinet department, and deregulate the shit out of Wall Street.

So your weak "filibuster-proof" Senate excuse couldn't funnier, Quantum Windbag. :lol:

The GOP controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House. They managed to start two wars, enact two separate tax cut acts, create a whole new massive Cabinet department, and double the national debt.

That's how much power they had. So your lame filibuster excuse is insanely hilarious. It's way up there for stupidity.

They did all that by convincing the Democrats that it was a good idea. The Democrats, on the other hand, passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote, and you insist that they were right, and that the Republicans were wrong, while simultaneously insisting that you are a Republican.

Remember Bill Clinton's surplus budgets?

A great deal of that was paid for by reducing Medicare reimbursements over the following years.

Except each of the following years, Congress undid its work and enacted "doc fixes". Right up to the present day.

But let's focus on a web site! It's more fun!

Do I remember the fake Clinton surplus? Of course I do, I also remember the fake surplus in California.

Bush didn't think the surplus was fake. He justified his tax cuts by saying we had a surplus.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-274334.html

President Bush said Saturday that the most important number in the budget he sends to Congress next week is the $5.6 trillion surplus it projects over the next 10 years.

That huge projected surplus provides the underpinning of all the administration's tax-cut and spending plans, Mr. Bush said in his recorded weekly radio address.

"A surplus in tax revenue, after all, means that taxpayers have been overcharged," the president said. "And usually when you've been overcharged, you expect to get something back." The surplus figure "counts more than any other" in the budget, he said.

Last edited:

So if the Dem plan was gov't takeover, and the GOP needed the Dems to pass some other kind of reform, why do you think the Dems would back a GOP reform that would obviate the need for a gov't takeover, which was their plan all along?
You aren't terribly bright or inquiring, are you?

The GOP got the Bush tax cuts passed. So again, your excuse is blown apart.

Stop repeating your lame lies.

The weird part is that I have had numerous arguments with him about how Obamacare will increase the cost of healthcare, and he called me an idiot for saying it.

You, too, are thinking of someone else. Please provide a link where I denied Obamacare will increase the cost of healthcare. In the meantime, chew on these, idiot:

ObamaCare was a classic bait-and-switch con. It was hyped as necessary because we needed to bring health care costs down. Remember all the rubes posting data all over the internet about per capita spending on healthcare during the debates?

Yeah. So do I.

ObamaCare actually further entrenches things which bend the cost of healthcare up.

This was not about cutting costs. This was yet another attempt to immanentize the eschaton.

How in the world did you get the impression health insurance rates are down? Even your own link shows they have climbed dramatically.

ObamaCare was not designed to bend the cost curve down. The rubes were victimized by a classic bait-and-switch con.

Your turn! @Quantum Windbag

If I was perfect I would be Obama.

Everything in that post is fact. If you are too retarded to know recent history, I can't help you.

So we know who the real liar is. You.

You lied.

A great deal of that was paid for by reducing Medicare reimbursements over the following years.

Except each of the following years, Congress undid its work and enacted "doc fixes". Right up to the present day.

Do I remember the fake Clinton surplus? Of course I do, I also remember the fake surplus in California.

Bush didn't think the surplus was fake. He justified his tax cuts by saying we had a surplus.

Bush: Surplus Justifies Tax Cut - CBS News

President Bush said Saturday that the most important number in the budget he sends to Congress next week is the $5.6 trillion surplus it projects over the next 10 years.

That huge projected surplus provides the underpinning of all the administration's tax-cut and spending plans, Mr. Bush said in his recorded weekly radio address.

"A surplus in tax revenue, after all, means that taxpayers have been overcharged," the president said. "And usually when you've been overcharged, you expect to get something back." The surplus figure "counts more than any other" in the budget, he said.

Doesn't change my opinion of the fake surplus even slightly. Could that be because I am not a Republican, and have no desire to defend Bush?

Bush: Surplus Justifies Tax Cut - CBS News

What Bush was saying was, we have a chance to pay down some of our debt, but we're not going to do that.

And who on the right disagreed with him?

Everything in that post is fact. If you are too retarded to know recent history, I can't help you.
Everything in a post is a lie. You lied and continue to lie

So we know who the real liar is. You.

You lied.

I didn't lie, I was wrong.

You, however, keep insisting that the Republicans had all the power, even when you know they didn't.

The sooner you deranged people realize ObamaCare is going to be very popular, the better off you will be. A glitchy web site won't bring ObamaCare down.

Sure, it will frustrate people. For a little while.

But when people start going to bed sleeping easier because they have health insurance they were not able to have before, that's going to start having a profound effect.

If people are losing insurance because their employer cut their hours, that is eventually going to whiplash back on the employers.

If people in red states are not getting the subsidies or Medicaid because their Republican legislatures and Governors are standing in the way, they are going to kick those red asses over the moon. Like I keep saying, the issue ad practically writes itself.

And the new blue legislatures are going to start redrawing Congressional districts. And no amount of Voter ID laws will stop that.

These are the realities you need to be focusing on. Not some temporary web site trouble.

Better to be in front of the situation than behind the eight ball.

Last edited:
95,000 sign ups in New York.

150,000 sign up in California.

That's close to a quarter million in just 2 states. And you 'nuts want to do what? Shut it all down for a year? Let all the people know who already are on board, that oops, sorry, it's all been postponed...

Use your heads, people. Learn to think for yourselves.

BS.. as of 10/17 that number was 360,000.. nationwide.

:lol:

Well, I guess I got my numbers mixed up:

As of this morning morning, nearly 150,000 New Yorkers have completed the application process and deemed eligible--a total representing about 30% of the total US number, a state health official said. The state says "thousands" have selected a health plan.

NYS Health Department Transmits First Batch Of Approved Obamacare Applications To Insurers | New York Daily News

The sooner you deranged people realize ObamaCare is going to be very popular, the better off you will be. A glitchy web site won't bring ObamaCare down.

Sure, it will frustrate people. For a little while.

But when people start going to bed sleeping easier because they have health insurance they were not able to have before, that's going to start having a profound effect.

If people are losing insurance because their employer cut their hours, that is eventually going to whiplash back on the employers.

If people in red states are not getting the subsidies or Medicaid because their Republican legislatures and Governors are standing in the way, they are going to kick those red asses over the moon. Like I keep saying, the issue ad practically writes itself.

And the new blue legislatures are going to start redrawing Congressional districts. And no amount of Voter ID laws will stop that.

These are the realities you need to be focusing on. Not some temporary web site trouble.

Better to be in front of the situation than behind the eight ball.

You are delusional. But we knew that.
People are being asked to sign up for insurance that is 1) more expensive, and 2) offers fewer benefits than they currently have. Since when do you win people over by raising the price and lowering the quality?
Recall that over 90% of people were satisfied with their health insurance before all this started.
People are smarter than to blame their employers for acting rationally in the face of Obamacare. They will not blame their employers. They will blame the Democrats.

Forum List

Back