Obama: 'No excuse' for health care signup problems

Never got to Congress. Never got passed. Even though they had all the power.

Would not have solved much if it did. It was weak.

Bush and the GOP abdicated all responsibility to the Democrats.

They had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate? When? For how long?

Are you really that ignorant of the fact the GOP never even tried?

Never. Tried. Period.

You claimed that they had "All the power." I want to know what the fuck planet you have been living on, and the only way I can figure that out is if you specify when they had all the power.

Would you prefer I just assume you are lying?

They have enrolled. The state is verifying the information the applicants filled out. Isn't that one of the gripes from the Right, that there was no verification process?

Looks like there is. At least in New York.

You're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. :lol:

It took California about 5 minutes to verify the information I provided. Strangely enough, i still can't find out what doctors and/or hospitals are available for the 3 different plans that are available.

Not to worry though, not having all those choices is good for me, just as the government.

The GOP managed to start two wars, double the national debt, create a massive new Cabinet department, and deregulate the shit out of Wall Street.

So your weak "filibuster-proof" Senate excuse couldn't funnier, Quantum Windbag. :lol:

I guess I will have to assume you are lying.

Irony. You guys have completely failed to show any attempt whatsoever by the GOP to reform the rising cost of healthcare. No matter how much smoke you throw up, this is a simple fact.

They ahve shown numerous attempts. The fact they refute your argument is not grounds for dismissing them out of hand.
Remind me how the Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs.

I have never said Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs. In fact, every time I have talked about ObamaCare with respect to costs, I have very specifically stated ObamaCare will not bend the cost curve down.

Want some links? I have plenty.

Why would anyone with a brain think the government could control the cost of anything.

They ahve shown numerous attempts. The fact they refute your argument is not grounds for dismissing them out of hand.
Remind me how the Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs.

I have never said Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs. In fact, every time I have talked about ObamaCare with respect to costs, I have very specifically stated ObamaCare will not bend the cost curve down.

Want some links? I have plenty.

OK, so the Democrats, with total control over government, could not pass a plan that would rein in health care costs. And you're criticizing the GOP, which did not have control, for not passing a plan?? :cuckoo:

The weird part is that I have had numerous arguments with him about how Obamacare will increase the cost of healthcare, and he called me an idiot for saying it.

Don't you love how Obama says the opposite of what he does -- sometimes in the same sentence? He does it when he talks about civility, cooperation and bipartisanship while lashing out at people who disagree with him. And he did it in his speech today.

"There's no sugarcoating it. The website has been too slow. People are getting stuck during the application process."

If that's not sugarcoating, it's at least bizarrely understated. It's unbelievable how willing people are to carry water for such a fundamentally dishonest person.

Last edited:
Some other hard facts you all will have to deal with:

The web site will get fixed.

Millions will enroll.

The GOP better get in front of these facts instead of branding themselves as sore losers who failed to help.

Read this: MASSACHUSETTS HEALTH CARE REFORM: SIX YEARS LATER

Funny thing, Obama didn't say a thing about the website getting fixed today, did he? What he said is that it is unacceptable that the website is not working. Do you want a list of all the things Obama has said that are unacceptable that have been fixed? It really won't take long, there aren't that many.

Tell me something, given his track record, when do you think the website will be fixed?

Given that he suddenly is talking about signing up by mail, which was not an option 2 weeks ago, how long do you think it will be before they fix the site?

Given that he is so excited about people being able to sign up by phone, which was not an option 2 weeks ago, how long do you think it will be before the website is fixed?

Given the fact that we are in the 21st century, and that no one uses snail mail, how many young people will sign up?

Given the fact that we are in the 21st century, and no one calls call centers, how many young people will sign up?

Do you have any idea of the death spiral that will result if young people don't sign up?

G5000 you keep trying to claim you are a republican?

Registered Republican since probably before you were born. Have actually dined with William F. Buckley and Ronald Reagan.

For several decades, my voting options have been:

1. Vote straight Republican ticket.

2. Don't vote.

There have been no other options for me, and up until 2006, I always went with Option 1. Since then, I have gone with Option 2 because this isn't the GOP any more. It is packed with psychotic foaming mouth breathers like yourself.

The GOP stopped earning my vote when it doubled the national debt, created a massive new Cabinet department that promptly began spying on Americans on the GOP's watch, suspended habeas corpus for US citizens, tortured detainees, and ramped up its hatred of blacks, Muslims, homosexuals, and Mexicans. I have been seeing an alarming amount of White Nationalist rhetoric bleeding over into the faux right wings rhetoric.

So I am doing my part to take out the trash from our house. Cleaning up our side of the street, as it were.

It's a full time job these days.

If you really want to take the trash out of the Republican party, leave. The real problem with the party is that they, like you, don't want smaller government, they want a government designed to promote their ideology over that of the Democrats. We really need to get both parties out of the government if we have a hope of fixing it.

Remember Bill Clinton's surplus budgets?

A great deal of that was paid for by reducing Medicare reimbursements over the following years.

Except each of the following years, Congress undid its work and enacted "doc fixes". Right up to the present day.

But let's focus on a web site! It's more fun!

Do I remember the fake Clinton surplus? Of course I do, I also remember the fake surplus in California.

No excuse for Benghazi

No excuse for targeting American citizens with drones

No excuse for the IRS suppressing political opposition

No excuse for the economy being in the dumps after 5 years of Obamaeconomics.

No excuse for the unemployment rate or the work force participation rate.

And the list goes on and on

One thing we do know, that buck no longer stops with the President, it is always someone else. Over 4 years to get ready and it is a clusterfuk. One would think that his signature legislation would be as flawless as possible. Not so with this President.

Obama: 'No excuse' for health care signup problems - Timesonline.com: Health & Wellness

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama on Monday said there was "no excuse" for the cascade of computer problems that have marred the rollout of key elements in his health care law, but declared he was confident the administration would be able to fix the issues.

"There's no sugarcoating it," Obama said. "Nobody is more frustrated than I am."

The president said his administration was doing "everything we can possibly do" to get the federally run websites up and running. And he guaranteed that everyone who wants to get insurance through the new health care exchanges will be able to.

NO EXCUSE????

Seriously?
:eusa_eh:

79c914c255113c7edc3f62b5838ee8b.jpg

:eusa_shifty:

Don't you love how Obama says the opposite of what he does -- sometimes in the same sentence? He does it when he talks about civility, cooperation and bipartisanship while lashing out at people who disagree with him. And he did it in his speech today.

"There's no sugarcoating it. The website has been too slow. People are getting stuck during the application process."

If that's not sugarcoating, it's at least bizarrely understated. It's unbelievable how willing people are to carry water for such a fundamentally dishonest person.

He declared it was "unacceptable." Just like he declared use of chemical weapons in Syria were unacceptable. And Iran's nuclear program was unacceptable.
By jove, if that isn't leadership, I don't know what is!

So then you can tell us all about the healthcare reform Bush and the GOP Congress passed?

Go ahead!

Look at what Bill and Hillary put on the table to solve the rising health care cost problem. Remember HillaryCare? So even someone as dense as you and your friends know the cost problem has been with us since at least the 90s.

Then look at what Gore and Kerry put on the table while the GOP had all the power.

Even the liberal masturbation fantasy TV show West Wing all during Bush's tenure telegraphed what the lefties would do given half a chance.

But the GOP sat on its ass and did nothing, even though it was being inundated from all directions to do something. Talk about no excuse!!!

So the GOP gets it ass kicked to the curb and ObamaCare is passed.

Now you idiots are reduced to whining about a web site not working that will get fixed.

And STILL most of the people in America could not tell you what the GOP would do about the problem of rising health care costs.

A web site. Jesus H. Christ. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees!!!

I can tell you about the Bush proposal. The real problem is that, even if I did, you would deny it exists.

Bush Health Care Plan Seems to Fall Short (washingtonpost.com)

Never got to Congress. Never got passed. Even though they had all the power.

Would not have solved much if it did. It was weak.

Bush and the GOP abdicated all responsibility to the Democrats.

Seriously? Here you go again.

Democrats Stall Medical Malpractice Bill | Fox News

And, really, this is about the disaster of Obamacare sign up - not what the GOp has or has not done. Why not try just once to stay focused.

Last edited:

But that is exactly what the left ALWAYS does - they tell one lies, they do the other and they have something yet other in their mind. And you would not like that at all - that is why they have to lie in order to have a power garab - if you would know what are their real plans - they would never get the possibility of power.

But that is exactly what the left ALWAYS does - they tell one lies, they do the other and they have something yet other in their mind. And you would not like that at all - that is why they have to lie in order to have a power garab - if you would know what are their real plans - they would never get the possibility of power.

and when the lies come to fruition they have a media that is compliant in brushing them under the rug. Really a sad state of affairs.

and when the lies come to fruition they have a media that is compliant in brushing them under the rug. Really a sad state of affairs.

and the general populace is so dumbded down that they are oblivious to what is going on until it is too late.
Left grip over education of all levels and dumbing the young generations and brainwashing them - is an integral part of this total makeover.

95,000 sign ups in New York.

150,000 sign up in California.

That's close to a quarter million in just 2 states. And you 'nuts want to do what? Shut it all down for a year? Let all the people know who already are on board, that oops, sorry, it's all been postponed...

Use your heads, people. Learn to think for yourselves.

That's close to a quarter million in just 2 states. And you 'nuts want to do what? Shut it all down for a year? Let all the people know who already are on board, that oops, sorry, it's all been postponed...

Registered? or Enrolled?

BS.. as of 10/17 that number was 360,000.. nationwide.

:lol:

Forum List

Back