Obama: 'No excuse' for health care signup problems

The GOP should have put a plan on the table along these lines:

1. Raise the Medicare eligibility age to 70, and then index it to 9 percent of the population. We are living decades longer than our ancestors, we should be working longer.

2. Get government OUT of the healthcare business as much as possible. It is completely fucked up the government is in the healthcare business AND gets to write the rules affecting its private sector competitors.

3. Eliminate the tax exemption for employer-sponsored health insurance. Employer-sponsored health insurance bends the cost of healthcare up, and it should be discouraged as much as possible.

I should be buying my health insurance the same way I buy my auto, home, and life insurance. If I lose my job, I don't automatically lose my auto, home, or life insurance.

That is what the Right should be banging on and on and on about. Not some stupid temporary web site glitch.

Idiots.

They actually plans like that. Guess what? The Dems torpedoed them, swearing the GOP was throwing grandma out o n the street.

Two serious flaws in your argument.

First, the GOP did not attempt any legislation with these provisions.

Second, the Republicans torpedoed HillaryCare, but it did not stop the Democrats from continuing to bang the drum until they got what they wanted.

So they never had an opportunity to pass anything about healht care.
That's two propositions of your blown to hell. You should quit while behind.
I'm sorry, but when you make shit up, that does not put me behind. :lol:

Yes of course they did.
Two, And rightly so. Hillarycare was almost as much a fiasco as Obamacare. That wasn't a flaw in my argument, btw. I'd suggest a course in remedial logic.

And? And people still aren't signing up for coverage. New York enrolled how many? Yeah, zero.
New York had 40,000 sign up as of October 9.

California, New York enroll 68K while brokers still struggle - Articles - Health Insurance Exchange

Yeah, that's a lie.
Zero Obamacare Enrollments in New York | National Review Online

They have enrolled. The state is verifying the information the applicants filled out. Isn't that one of the gripes from the Right, that there was no verification process?

Looks like there is. At least in New York.

You're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. :lol:

They actually plans like that. Guess what? The Dems torpedoed them, swearing the GOP was throwing grandma out o n the street.

Second, the Republicans torpedoed HillaryCare, but it did not stop the Democrats from continuing to bang the drum until they got what they wanted.

So they never had an opportunity to pass anything about healht care.
That's two propositions of your blown to hell. You should quit while behind.

Yes of course they did.
Two, And rightly so. Hillarycare was almost as much a fiasco as Obamacare. That wasn't a flaw in my argument, btw. I'd suggest a course in remedial logic.

Irony. You guys have completely failed to show any attempt whatsoever by the GOP to reform the rising cost of healthcare. No matter how much smoke you throw up, this is a simple fact.

Yes of course they did.

Irony. You guys have completely failed to show any attempt whatsoever by the GOP to reform the rising cost of healthcare. No matter how much smoke you throw up, this is a simple fact.

no, it is not. it is a lie.

The GOP managed to start two wars, double the national debt, create a massive new Cabinet department, and deregulate the shit out of Wall Street.

So your weak "filibuster-proof" Senate excuse couldn't funnier, Quantum Windbag. :lol:

Yes of course they did.

Then show me the Act where they reformed it!

Oh, and the GOP managed to pass two major tax reforms!

"Bush tax cuts". Ring a bell with anyone?

But nothing on health care, except Medicare Group D to get votes from seniors, and which added more cost to the federal budget.

But...but...but...they didn't have a filibuster proof Senate!...BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Last edited:
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPlan_061709.pdf
Seriously? The Republicans Have No Health Plan? - Forbes
It’s arguably the favorite myth of progressives, the oft-repeated claim that Republicans have no health plan. Hence, President Obama was fully justified in ignoring them and proceeding to enact a comprehensive health reform law on a strict party line vote—something completely unprecedented in American political history.

the comprehensive healthcare reform plans introduced by GOP go as far as by 2003:

Comprehensive Republican health reform plans introduced in Congress

Let’s start with 5 comprehensive health reform proposals that have actually been introduced in Congress—some well before President Obama even was nominated for president, and all months before the House (11/7/09) or Senate (12/24/09) voted on what eventually became Obamacare.

Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (S. 1783) introduced by Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) July 12, 2007.http://www.enzi.senate.gov/public/i...rm-health-care?p=10StepstoTransformHealthCare
Every American Insured Health Act introduced by Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Bob Corker (R-TN) with co-sponsors Tom Coburn (R-OK), Mel Martinez (formerly R-FL) and Elizabeth Dole (formerly R-NC) on July 26, 2007.http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...Group_id=7a55cb96-4639-4dac-8c0c-99a4a227bd3a
Senators Bob Bennett (R-UT) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the Healthy Americans Act on January 18, 2007 and re-introduced the same bill on February 5, 2009.Healthy Americans Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 introduced by Senators Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Richard Burr (R-NC) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Devin Nunes (R-CA) on May 20, 2009.http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=d2f94455-368c-45b5-8d56-fc195a833884
H.R. 2300, Empowering Patients First Act introduced July 30, 2009 by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA).
http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR 2300 Section by Section.pdf

It’s arguably the favorite myth of progressives, the oft-repeated claim that Republicans have no health plan. Hence, President Obama was fully justified in ignoring them and proceeding to enact a comprehensive health reform law on a strict party line vote—something completely unprecedented in American political history.

the comprehensive healthcare reform plans introduced by GOP go as far as by 2003:

Let’s start with 5 comprehensive health reform proposals that have actually been introduced in Congress—some well before President Obama even was nominated for president, and all months before the House (11/7/09) or Senate (12/24/09) voted on what eventually became Obamacare.

Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (S. 1783) introduced by Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) July 12, 2007.http://www.enzi.senate.gov/public/i...rm-health-care?p=10StepstoTransformHealthCare
Every American Insured Health Act introduced by Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Bob Corker (R-TN) with co-sponsors Tom Coburn (R-OK), Mel Martinez (formerly R-FL) and Elizabeth Dole (formerly R-NC) on July 26, 2007.http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...Group_id=7a55cb96-4639-4dac-8c0c-99a4a227bd3a
Senators Bob Bennett (R-UT) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the Healthy Americans Act on January 18, 2007 and re-introduced the same bill on February 5, 2009.Healthy Americans Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 introduced by Senators Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Richard Burr (R-NC) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Devin Nunes (R-CA) on May 20, 2009.http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=d2f94455-368c-45b5-8d56-fc195a833884
H.R. 2300, Empowering Patients First Act introduced July 30, 2009 by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA).
http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR 2300 Section by Section.pdf

Last edited:
So, maybe it is time to finally stop LYING, and educate yourself, g-5000?

Likewise, conservative market-oriented health policy scholars have developed a rich menu of potential replacement plans for Obamacare:

Individual Pay or Play proposed in 2005 by John Goodman; this is a minimalist version of a broader reform envisaged by Goodman built on converting the tax exclusion into universal tax credits.
Health Status Insurance originally proposed by John Cochrane in 1995.
Universal Health Savings Accounts proposed by John Goodman and Peter Ferrara in 2012. This combines fixed tax credits with individual pay or play and health status insurance concepts along with Roth-style Health Savings Accounts.
Fixed tax credits. A variety of proposals have centered on using fix tax credits to replace the current inefficient and unfair tax exclusion for employer-provided health benefits. Two good explanations of how that would work are here:

Income-Related Tax Credits proposed by Mark Pauly and John Hoff in Responsible Tax Credits (2002) and endorsed by the American Medical Association. More recently, 8 scholars from Harvard, University of Chicago, and USC–Jay Bhattacharya, Amitabh Chandra, Michael Chernew, Dana Goldman, Anupam Jena, Darius Lakdawalla,Anup Malani and Tomas Philipson—released Best of Both Worlds: Uniting Universal Coverage and Personal Choice in Health Care (2013) which also is built around a model of individual health insurance subsidized with income-related tax credits.
Flexible Benefits Tax Credit For Health Insurance by Lynn Etheredge in 2001.
Near-Universal Health Insurance Exchanges proposed in 2001 by Sara Singer, Alan Garber and Alain Enthoven (covers only non-elderly).
Universal Health Insurance Exchanges proposed in 2013 by former CBO director Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Avik Roy (covers Medicare and Medicaid in addition to privately insured).

They have enrolled. The state is verifying the information the applicants filled out. Isn't that one of the gripes from the Right, that there was no verification process?

Looks like there is. At least in New York.

You're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. :lol:

I post an article saying there are zero enrollments and you counter "they've enrolled". One of us has a tenuous grasp of reality. And it's you.

they did not have the power to ram it through the throats of American people as obamacare was - because GOP never had a super-majority like dimocraps had in 2009.

but the 5 different reform bills were introduced and I have already provided links to that.

don't forget to continue to lie as if you weren't provided this information - "GOP never had and never introduced any healthcare plans".

what else is new? :rolleyes:

Yes of course they did.

They ahve shown numerous attempts. The fact they refute your argument is not grounds for dismissing them out of hand.
Remind me how the Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs.

All of those were introduced after the GOP lost its control of Congress. Too little, too late. They were introduced after John Edwards threw down the gauntlet in early 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/06/us/politics/06edwards.html?_r=0

It was Edwards who got the ball rolling.

Last edited:

they did not have the power to ram it through the throats of American people as obamacare was - because GOP never had a super-majority like dimocraps had in 2009.

but the 5 different reform bills were introduced and I have already provided links to that.

don't forget to continue to lie as if you weren't provided this information - "GOP never had and never introduced any healthcare plans".

what else is new? :rolleyes:
No, you know what the GOP plan is. Just ask Alan:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco]Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube[/ame]

Yes of course they did.

They ahve shown numerous attempts. The fact they refute your argument is not grounds for dismissing them out of hand.
Remind me how the Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs.

I have never said Democrats have succeeded in reining in health care costs. In fact, every time I have talked about ObamaCare with respect to costs, I have very specifically stated ObamaCare will not bend the cost curve down.

Want some links? I have plenty.

The GOP managed to start two wars, double the national debt, create a massive new Cabinet department, and deregulate the shit out of Wall Street.

So your weak "filibuster-proof" Senate excuse couldn't funnier, Quantum Windbag. :lol:

You really need to be bitch slapped unto eternity.

GOP managed to start two wars.

Like fucking 911 didnt happen? You douche bag. Like GW wanted to start a war in Afghanistan mother fucker?

You asshole.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Forum List

Back