Obama Must Do Better Than "He Misspoke"

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
I voted for Obama, but his response to Axelrod's comments is shockingly weak. Either he had a conversation with the governor, or he didn't. If Obama wants to start lying before he's even taken the oath of office, his hair will turn gray faster than Clinton's did.

I voted for Obama, but his response to Axelrod's comments is shockingly weak. Either he had a conversation with the governor, or he didn't. If Obama wants to start lying before he's even taken the oath of office, his hair will turn gray faster than Clinton's did.

Tapper already answered a lot of that, see other threads.

Link? Are you saying Obama had a conversation about selling his senate seat?

Who knows?? We have obamalama saying he didn't talk to the govenor and we got david axelrod saying he did,, who knows.. since axelrod spoke first on Nov. 23,, I tend to lean toward him a bit..

Link? Are you saying Obama had a conversation about selling his senate seat?
Well. If we go by the regular pattern of Obama. He denied even having a conversation, then said he 'misspoke' about that...

Let's go back in the past.

He couldn't possibly have known Rev. Wright was controversial. Then, he knew but hadn't ever been in the pew... Then, he was in the pew... Then, well, I don't go there no more but he's my 'crazy uncle'... Then, I ran over him with my boat yesterday so that he won't be able to talk anymore.... (this after, I remind you exactly one year after, the interview with Wright in TIME that Wright specifically spoke about how they talked about how to distance Obama from Wright, saying how they knew he was too controversial and how they would have to do it if it became apparent he might win the nomination).

And that is just one crazy pastor, imagine if he had something real to hide!

How many steps before we finally get the truth from Obama?

Well. If we go by the regular pattern of Obama. He denied even having a conversation, then said he 'misspoke' about that...

Let's go back in the past.

He couldn't possibly have known Rev. Wright was controversial. Then, he knew but hadn't ever been in the pew... Then, he was in the pew... Then, well, I don't go there no more but he's my 'crazy uncle'... Then, I ran over him with my boat yesterday so that he won't be able to talk anymore.... (this after, I remind you exactly one year after, the interview with Wright in TIME that Wright specifically spoke about how they talked about how to distance Obama from Wright, saying how they knew he was too controversial and how they would have to do it if it became apparent he might win the nomination).

And that is just one crazy pastor, imagine if he had something real to hide!

How many steps before we finally get the truth from Obama?
Yeah, I agree on his relationship with Rev. Wright...he's full of shit. But I'm asking about this current thing...because I don't think the question was if he talked to Blago, the question was if he talked about selling his senate seat, and it seems rather clear that he did not. Like I said on another thread, Blago is on tape saying fuck Obama more than once...that doesn't sound like cooperation.

Yeah, I agree on his relationship with Rev. Wright...he's full of shit. But I'm asking about this current thing...because I don't think the question was if he talked to Blago, the question was if he talked about selling his senate seat, and it seems rather clear that he did not. Like I said on another thread, Blago is on tape saying fuck Obama more than once...that doesn't sound like cooperation.
It's a pattern with Obama, that was my point. If he said he never spoke to him, but we find out that he has... well, in about 3 months after the inauguration we'll find out that Obama ordered the Governor to sell his seat and they came up with a plan together on how to get away with it without incriminating Obama... But it will be Blogo's word against his and he's "The One"...

Last edited:
It's a pattern with Obama, that was my point. If he said he never spoke to him, but we find out that he has... well, in about 3 months after the inauguration we'll find out that Obama ordered the Governor to sell his seat and they came up with a plan together on how to get away with it without incriminating Obama....
It isn't possible that as a senator he never spoke to his state's gov...so methinks you all are getting your panties in a twist over some misrepresentation on a wingnut blog.

It isn't possible that as a senator he never spoke to his state's gov...so methinks you all are getting your panties in a twist over some misrepresentation on a wingnut blog.
Methinks you are taking obvious sarcasm too seriously. This usually means at least a "lean" to the left... (more obvious sarcasm for the humor impaired)

;)

Obamanation so loathed the Governor that he wasn't invited unto their platform at the convention.

If you're being informed that Obama and that Gov were pals, I don't know where you're getting that information, but it run contrary to everything I've heard.

Apparently nobody in either party liked that Gov, precisely because he was so obviously a grasping crook.

Obamanation so loathed the Governor that he wasn't invited unto their platform at the convention.

If you're being informed that Obama and that Gov were pals, I don't know where you're getting that information, but it run contrary to everything I've heard.

Apparently nobody in either party liked that Gov, precisely because he was so obviously a grasping crook.

You've not a clue. It's been an open secret that Blago was under investigation since at least 2003, yet Obama was an enthusiastic supporter in 2006-7. It's only since it's become inevitable via other indictments/convictions, that he was going down, that distancing in 2008 happened. Of course, national news isn't Chicago news, so you are excused.

Exactly .. and why would Obama want to sell the seat so Blogo could profit.

More birth certificate, ACORN, Ayers, Wright reaching for straws from losers.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I also don't engage in stupid attacks.

Obama is an idiot for trying to appeal to people who will hate him no matter what he does.

In Chicago, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said prosecutors were making no allegations that Obama was aware of any scheming. And Blagojevich himself, in taped conversations cited by prosecutors, suggested that Obama wouldn't be helpful to him. Even if the governor was to appoint a candidate favored by the Obama team, Blagojevich said, "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation."

Republicans pounced nonetheless.

Analysis: Scandal threatens to dog Obama - Yahoo! News

Who knows?? We have obamalama saying he didn't talk to the govenor and we got david axelrod saying he did,, who knows.. since axelrod spoke first on Nov. 23,, I tend to lean toward him a bit..

well considering the Fitzpatrick stated unequivocably that Obama was in no way implicated and appears to have NO knowledge of the Gov actions I'd say he didn't speak to him. Keeping in mind this gov conversations had been being taped since Mid to Late OCTOBER! IF Obama had spoken with the gov it would be ON TAPE, would it not?

It also appears that Rham Emanuel might be who turned the gov in for his corrupt behavior!

Then there is the fact that on tape the gov is heard calling Obama a mother fucker and saying all that was being offered by his team was appreciation and to FUCK THEM!

Now you righties can cry and moan all you want but it's obvious that Obama was in no way involved with this situation.

You've not a clue. It's been an open secret that Blago was under investigation since at least 2003, yet Obama was an enthusiastic supporter in 2006-7. It's only since it's become inevitable via other indictments/convictions, that he was going down, that distancing in 2008 happened. Of course, national news isn't Chicago news, so you are excused.

who should he have supported, the Republican challenger? :cuckoo:

This reminds me of the guy that wakes up with a hangover and realizes that he took the ugly girl home with him last night.:lol:

I haven't read all the threads here on this but it looks like Obama pushed for ethics reform in Illinois, which contributed to Blagojevich being investigated -

In a sequence of events that neatly captures the contradictions of Barack Obama’s rise through Illinois politics, a phone call he made three months ago to urge passage of a state ethics bill indirectly contributed to the downfall of a fellow Democrat he twice supported, Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich.

Mr. Obama placed the call to his political mentor, Emil Jones Jr., president of the Illinois Senate. Mr. Jones was a critic of the legislation, which sought to curb the influence of money in politics, as was Mr. Blagojevich, who had vetoed it. But after the call from Mr. Obama, the Senate overrode the veto, prompting the governor to press state contractors for campaign contributions before the law’s restrictions could take effect on Jan. 1, prosecutors say.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us/politics/10chicago.html?em

This is just more get even shit from the right to try and destroy Obama's chances of helping the country. If he does that, he makes the right look bad, and they would rather see the country sink in shit before that happens.:cuckoo:

He didn't give it to Obama because Obama didn't offer him money for the seat.

Come on righties, let's see if we can continue the Bush legacy of making US a third world country.

FU.:lol:

Forum List

Back