Obama Must Do Better Than "He Misspoke"

Sheesh! Obama is not even sworn in yet! The electoral college hasn't even voted yet! And this guy is already surrounded with scandal.

What is Obama trying to do? Rehabilitate Bill Clinton's legacy by making Bill look like a choir boy by comparison?!?

Last edited:
It stands to reason Obama would have talked with Blagojevich about a replacement. That would seem to me to be 'normal' in such a situation.

That does not mean, however, that Obama suggested anything that was inappropriate or illegal, or that he knew about what Blagojevich was doing.

I've read that a good prosecutor can get a ham sandwich indicted with enough grande jury time.

Let's give Obama the Scooter Libby treatment. Twelve hours of grande jury grilling without a lawyer to advise, to make him trip up and catch him with obstructing justice or perjury or some other process crime...

It stands to reason Obama would have talked with Blagojevich about a replacement. That would seem to me to be 'normal' in such a situation.

That does not mean, however, that Obama suggested anything that was inappropriate or illegal, or that he knew about what Blagojevich was doing.
Then why did he deny that he spoke to him if there is nothing to hide? :confused:

I agree with this... I do not believe Obama had anything to do with the pay to play or whatever you want to call it...

But Obama is carefully trying to distance from any mention... which starts to put even more of a fishy smell about SOMETHING... he has a habit of lying and backtracking about associations and conversations... continually.... kinda makes you go "hmmmmmm"
eusa_eh.gif

Then why did he deny that he spoke to him if there is nothing to hide? :confused:

That is problematic because of appearances if nothing else. I think saying they hadn't spoken was a quick bit of political cover thrown out there, not recalling the Axelrod comment from before. Obama probably didn't want to admit there had even been discussions in order to distance himself as far as possible politically from Blagojevich.

But that in and of itself doesn't mean Obama knew of or was involved in what Blagojevich was doing.

That is problematic because of appearances if nothing else. I think saying they hadn't spoken was a quick bit of political cover thrown out there, not recalling the Axelrod comment from before. Obama probably didn't want to admit there had even been discussions in order to distance himself as far as possible politically from Blagojevich.

But that in and of itself doesn't mean Obama knew of or was involved in what Blagojevich was doing.
In other words, if you're a Liberal, then you are putting out political cover, but if you're a Conservative, then you're a liar and should be indicted. :eusa_whistle:

So your rationalization is that Obama's first reaction was to lie. Well, considering his history I would take a wild, careless guess that you just might be correct. Then again, he is supposed to the smartest man that has ever lived, so again, if there is nothing to cover up why would he try to cover it up? Doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do for the smartest man who has ever lived...

In other words, if you're a Liberal, then you are putting out political cover, but if you're a Conservative, then you're a liar and should be indicted. :eusa_whistle:

Maybe you can link to the post where I supported the indictment of a Conservative...

...also, the whistling emoticon can be apt at times, but when you use it in every post it becomes cliche. You should try a few posts without it.

Well I don't know about you people, but I've heard enough. Based on liberal standards used on president Bush I DEMAND OBAMA IMPEACHMENT!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe you can link to the post where I supported the indictment of a Conservative...

...also, the whistling emoticon can be apt at times, but when you use it in every post it becomes cliche. You should try a few posts without it.
Accept my apology for making a baseless allegation. However, I do like to whistle while I work. :eusa_whistle:

So your rationalization is that Obama's first reaction was to lie.

He's a politician. I think part of the reason so many politicians get themselves in hot water is their first impulse is to lie about something that would otherwise be trivial because they are thinking first and foremost about political implications.

He's a politician. I think part of the reason so many politicians get themselves in hot water is their first impulse is to lie about something that would otherwise be trivial because they are thinking first and foremost about political implications.
Geez! Do you even know how lame that sounds? :confused: Politicians don't lie and get themselves in trouble with the lie when they have no reason to lie in the first place. That just makes no sense. Liars lie as a last resort. Crooked liars lie as a first resort.

Last edited:
Geez! Do you even know how lame that sounds? :confused: Politicians don't lie and get themselves in trouble with the lie when they have no reason to lie in the first place. That just makes no sense. Liars lie as a last resort. Crooked liars lie as a first resort.

That's not the case at all. I have worked with a number of politicians on a local and state basis and I've known more than a few who would throw out a lie like this one from Obama merely to give themselves political distance from an issue, even if there were no underlying problem. If you don't think a politician would do that, even though it isn't rational to do it, then I can conclude that you do not have much experience with politicians.

That's not the case at all. I have worked with a number of politicians on a local and state basis and I've known more than a few who would throw out a lie like this one from Obama merely to give themselves political distance from an issue, even if there were no underlying problem. If you don't think a politician would do that, even though it isn't rational to do it, then I can conclude that you do not have much experience with politicians.
Not the politicians that I've worked with. But then again, I've worked exclusively with Conservatives. :eusa_whistle:

You worked for politician THIS DUMB?!? If Obama lied just to distance himself from this when the shit has already hit the fan, there is a much bigger question then: How the hell could someone so incredibly stupid ever get close to the presidency?!? It would take only a thimble full of brains to figure out that lying under these circumstances is pretty much the dumbest thing Obama could do.

God help us - we have a COMPLETE IMBECILE about to run America!!!!

Forum List

Back