Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Relationship

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WillowTree, Dec 9, 2008.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    December 09, 2008 3:37 PM

"Obviously like the rest of the people of Illinois I am saddened and sobered by the news that came out of the US attorney's office today," said President-elect Obama this afternoon in Chicago, speaking of the criminal complaint against Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich for corruption. "But as this is a ongoing investigation involving the governor I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment on the issue at this time."

Asked what contact he'd had with the governor's office about his replacement in the Senate, President-elect Obama today said "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Political Punch

now don't miss viewing the little film that's included..

2. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Damn, it's like ground hog day! "I don't know Bill Ayers, he's just a guy in the neighborhood."

Well yeah, I did launch my political career in his living room. Well, yeah, my wife works with his wife. Well yeah, I did give speeches with him. Well....yeah ....I guess he did select me to be in charge of distributing $50 million dollars worth of grant money. Well ok, I did serve on several boards with him. But I didn't know him :confused::eek::eusa_whistle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    [​IMG]

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    bwahahahaha!

This candidate will spawn more conspiracy theories than any other candidate.

Too bad for you dopes the gov is on tape a couple of times saying fuck obama.

5. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Care to take a whack at explaining how the Obama - Rezko - Bagoshit connection is innocent?

6. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Wait till he starts singing to save his ass unless hes paid off and gets his pockets stuffed.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well so far he hasn't said, "That's not the Rod Blagojevich I've known...." Some good news.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    Ravi Ravi Ravi!!:tomato::tomato:

9. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720

:lol: give him time!

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    wow...do you not think that the Gov of IL would consult with the President Elect as to who should replace him in that seat, even if he had no intention of placing anyone Obama may or may not suggest into that position? How odd would it have looked had he not spoken with Obama in that regard?

and I believe what Obama was saying is that he had no idea that the Gov was participating in or being investigated for, corruption.

Do you know every aspect of the life of people you come into contact with? I know there are people who live next door to serial killers for years and once it's revealed seem genuinely shocked to learn this truth...hell some are even married to them and don't know what they are doing.