Obama moving G8 to Camp David

OWS should absolutely launch some kind of attack on Camp David if only to show everyone they mean business.

I think it was an economic threat to the city, also disruptive. Chicago doesn't want to be seen as 'tough' and it would have to be. The police coverage would have probably have cost more than any potential benefits by hosting.

WLS 890AM

Chicago Has Received No Money For NATO/G8 Yet: Chicagoist

G8/NATO neighbors in the dark on logistics | abc7chicago.com

Every other country manages to survive the G meetings... as has the US for some time... Why is it so different this year? Election?

I think it was an economic threat to the city, also disruptive. Chicago doesn't want to be seen as 'tough' and it would have to be. The police coverage would have probably have cost more than any potential benefits by hosting.

WLS 890AM

Every other country manages to survive the G meetings... as has the US for some time... Why is it so different this year? Election?

Personally? I think Emanuel didn't want to deal with potential costs of hosting, added with the potential of showing Chicago in a '68 moment.

He's not all that popular here.

WLS 890AM

Personally? I think Emanuel didn't want to deal with potential costs of hosting, added with the potential of showing Chicago in a '68 moment.

He's not all that popular here.

He has already spent hundreds of thousands on militarizing the police force, guess they will have to be content with beating the hell out of whoever shows up for the NATO summit.

Camp David is secure, that is probably why the move is being made.

Looks like cabinet meetings, diplomatic discussions and foreign dignitaries have visited Camp David.

Looks like a nice place.

That is why it was the destination for the Bush's vacations, so often. It is also set up with up-to-date securities similar to those in the WH.

Forum List

Back